ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-19, 06:17 PM

ADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to behold
Greetings! I come in peace!

Hello!

I have never really participated in a forum before. I was all over AOL chat rooms back in the mid-90s, but that's about it LOL. I am glad to be here! I hope to find and offer support to other adults with ADHD.

I attempted to read all the guidelines and such and I think I absorbed most of it, but y'all know how that goes ; )

I do find this whole platform to be quite visually overwhelming, but I think I will get used to it.

Does anyone else have that sensation and/or any suggestions for overcoming it?

Thanks for being here! I look forward to chatting with everyone and learning!
Daniel1970 (03-26-19), namazu (03-26-19)
Old 03-26-19, 02:24 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,853 Times in 14,109 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Greetings! I come in peace!

Welcome
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
ADHD_Trekkie (03-26-19)
Old 03-26-19, 08:24 AM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,497 Times in 10,849 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps we know each other from those mid-90s AOL chats.

No great tips for navigation -- the site is a bear! -- so I mostly just hit "New Posts" repeatedly... And if you actually read the guidelines, you're several steps ahead already.

Welcome!
The Following User Says Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
ADHD_Trekkie (03-26-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-19, 08:32 AM
Contributor

Daniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to behold

Welcome, fellow Trekkie!

As they say, when you ask me what kind of nerd I am, I say "yes"! lol... let us all know how we can be of help.

Daniel

Be yourself, and the rest will follow.

Breathing is not optional. - Dr. Raymond Wertheim

What do you care what other people think? - Arline Feynman, to her husband, American physicist Richard P. Feynman

D.
The Following User Says Thank You to Daniel1970 For This Useful Post:
ADHD_Trekkie (03-26-19)
Old 03-26-19, 09:19 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,115 Times in 15,360 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I felt the same way. Its a try and learn kinda place. The more important question is... original star trek, next gen, or any of the other ones I do not know? And out of the 80's movies- which one do you think the most? I'll tell you mind if you tell me yours....

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
ADHD_Trekkie (03-27-19)
Old 03-26-19, 11:22 AM

ADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the validation and encouragement! I will, indeed, try and learn ; )

Now, to the truly important question... I'm a sucker for TOS. I have watched all Trek series except the animated series (so far, but I'll get to it, too) and I just can't help but admire the historical significance of TOS. It was undeniably groundbreaking. Gene Roddenberry was far from perfect, but he was a Also, Bones is my all-time favorite character. However, Janeway is my favorite Captian because she is a badass babe who handles everything that is thrown at her with grace, grit, tenacity, and compassion. Voyager is definitely not the best series, but it isn't as bad as Enterprise LOL!

The TOS movies in the 80s... that's a tough call between ST II: The Wrath of Khan and ST III: The Search for Spock. They go together so well, so it's hard to decide.

What about you?! I could talk Trek for hours lol!
aeon (03-26-19), namazu (03-26-19)
Old 03-26-19, 11:36 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,042 Times in 12,621 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by namazu View Post
Perhaps we know each other from those mid-90s AOL chats.

No great tips for navigation -- the site is a bear! -- so I mostly just hit "New Posts" repeatedly... And if you actually read the guidelines, you're several steps ahead already.

Welcome!

I used to do that ... just hit "New Posts" repeatedly ... but I was missing some
of them.

I started clicking on "Quick Links" in the blue bar at the top of the page, and
then looking at "Today's Posts." I feel like I'm keeping up with the forum better.

There are only a couple of the rules that will get you in real trouble. Mostly the
mods for the different sub-forums will send you a PM and let you know you
made a boo-boo. Sometimes they even apologize for having to do it.

Welcome to the forum. Make yourself at home.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
ADHD_Trekkie (03-27-19), namazu (03-26-19)
Old 03-26-19, 02:23 PM

Thanked 22,463 Times in 12,089 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Watch out for Klingons.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
ADHD_Trekkie (03-27-19)
Old 03-26-19, 03:00 PM

Thanked 14,985 Times in 6,694 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

TOS plus ST II: The Wrath of Khan and ST III: The Search for Spock

Beautiful, just beautiful.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following User Says Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
ADHD_Trekkie (03-27-19)
Old 03-27-19, 03:51 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,115 Times in 15,360 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD_Trekkie View Post
Thanks for the validation and encouragement! I will, indeed, try and learn ; )

Now, to the truly important question... I'm a sucker for TOS. I have watched all Trek series except the animated series (so far, but I'll get to it, too) and I just can't help but admire the historical significance of TOS. It was undeniably groundbreaking. Gene Roddenberry was far from perfect, but he was a Also, Bones is my all-time favorite character. However, Janeway is my favorite Captian because she is a badass babe who handles everything that is thrown at her with grace, grit, tenacity, and compassion. Voyager is definitely not the best series, but it isn't as bad as Enterprise LOL!

The TOS movies in the 80s... that's a tough call between ST II: The Wrath of Khan and ST III: The Search for Spock. They go together so well, so it's hard to decide.

What about you?! I could talk Trek for hours lol!
Well I am not as schooled on Star Trek as my husband but I love the TOS. I love all the womanizing and fake rocks but more importantly I love the story lines. I hate to admit it but my favorite movie is the one with saving the whales. Some people say its the worst one but I love whales so its my favorite. I never got into the other series very much other than quoting Picard ("make it so #1"). I wish I could remember all of my favorite episodes but "the trouble with tribbles" sticks out in my mind. I am 44 and back in the day the local pbs would show a bunch of episodes at like 12 am until 3am and I used to like those types of saturday night. I also like MS3TK- ever catch the old ones of that show?

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
ADHD_Trekkie (03-27-19)
Old 03-27-19, 04:42 AM

Thanked 30,817 Times in 14,172 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

What's tos?

The other Startrek?
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
ADHD_Trekkie (03-27-19)
Old 03-27-19, 09:28 AM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Well I am not as schooled on Star Trek as my husband but I love the TOS. I love all the womanizing and fake rocks but more importantly I love the story lines. I hate to admit it but my favorite movie is the one with saving the whales. Some people say its the worst one but I love whales so its my favorite. I never got into the other series very much other than quoting Picard ("make it so #1"). I wish I could remember all of my favorite episodes but "the trouble with tribbles" sticks out in my mind. I am 44 and back in the day the local pbs would show a bunch of episodes at like 12 am until 3am and I used to like those types of saturday night. I also like MS3TK- ever catch the old ones of that show?
I was in high school when The Original Star Trek began. I loved it. Even though
we didn't have color tv at our house and Spock had green-skin the first year.

The Trouble With Tribbles was my favorite episode too ... so I loved it when
that was part of the story line in the remake with Chris Pine as Captain Kirk.

My daughter loved Next Generation best ... that's the one she grew up with.
I know women fantasized about Picard, but I just couldn't fancy him. And I
hated his Number One. I did like the empathic/telepathic woman though.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
ADHD_Trekkie (03-27-19)
Old 03-27-19, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
What's tos?

The other Startrek?
I think it's the Original Star Trek.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
ADHD_Trekkie (03-27-19), Fuzzy12 (03-27-19)
Old 03-27-19, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Watch out for Klingons.
Good lookin' out!

I'll hit 'em with the 'ol "nuqneH" "Qapla!"
Old 03-27-19, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Oh yes, the womanizing! So blatant, but then the subversive message of having a female officer - Uhura. Definitely confusing, but a product of its time I suppose. Also, now noticing I just didn't finish a sentence about Gene Roddenberry, but he was just not perfect LOL! He was a visionary in some ways, but surprisingly short-sighted in others.

The movie with the whale is the third on my list hahah! I like it, too, but I know it gets poo pood a lot, but whatever, we like it!!!

I had to force myself to get over the fake rocks lmao! I had trouble with those at first, but now they are just endearing : )

Thanks for chattign Trek with me!