ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Recipes
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Recipes Easy recipes for the ADDer & ADD Family

Old 02-17-05, 11:10 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Digitl has disabled reputation
Talking

We eat really healthy here , it is a must for me and the kids. I always made there baby food myself, if i could not have a garden i always had people giving me from theirs. I make 90% everything from scratch..Now i can say i am a very cook, before i was always amaze that people actually liked what i did. So I started to think that maybe i was a good cook after all lol.
My kids love veggies & fruits..I never buys cookies or tender bars, candy or pop. My kids have alowances and they can do whatever they want with it. But i am glad to see that my 2 oldests are even realizing that if they eat too much crap they feel sick. So alteast i know they are conscious of the food they get in their bodies , and the way it affects them.
Crossing my fingers it will last....

I've been dating since I was fifteen! I'm exhausted. Where is he?

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.
Old 02-27-05, 10:19 PM
Contributor

broK is on a distinguished road
since we work nites we usually breakfast together--unless i have something already in mind i spend some time staring into the fridge & cupboards.
once the spark hits the whirlwind starts & dont interrupt until im done.
this leads to some interesting things sometimes (wifey actually liked spam hash w/onion carrot & turnup--i was sure it was all mine )
in our house, its MY kitchen
Old 03-05-05, 11:46 PM

mustFocus is on a distinguished road
I love to cook and bake whenever I get a chance. Naturally, it usually takes 50% longer than I think and the kitchen looks like a food fight just took place. I can usually whip up things just by intuition but woe to those around me if it's a flop. I'll never forget the time I made pizza dough and sauce from scratch. I rolled the dough out, covered it with lots of toppings, then realized that I had placed the dough on a textured plastic cutting board and it was not going to slide into the oven without disintegrating. After a pathetic attempt to roll the whole mess into a giant calzone, I pummeled it with my fists and dumped the mess into the trash.

My Attention Surplus Disorder wife follows recipes to the letter, even if she knows they're wrong.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-05, 11:24 PM

Aronel is on a distinguished road
cooking can be fun!

Hi,

I'm actually capable of cooking and turning out some pretty good stuff, musta been the 2 years at cooking school!!! The big one is to remember "clean as you go" keep a sink full of water to scrub up as you go or get it into a dishwasher punchy quick!

I am more than capable of following a recipie to the letter, but just can't bring myself to do it most of the time.
I always have to do something different...it's in my nature.

Mostly this is ok, sometimes it misses the mark and then there are the "terrible tragedies"...the ones that just have to go bye bye....

They say baking is so scientific that you have to stick closely to the recipie, funny thing is I twist and bend the recipies all the time and rarely get a baking flop.

Especially Bread! I love to bake bread and do it every week. I am always adding a handful of something diffent and getting interesting results. My favourite thing to do is just throw in a few handfuls of Red River Cereal, some ground flax and some oatmeal... I use half whole wheat flour and half white flour. (all organic of course...) Use honey instead of the evil white sugar and Kosher Rock salt or Sea Salt.
YUM A
Old 03-07-05, 02:23 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

whiteraven has disabled reputation
I've been known to ask my husband if he feels like pork chops for dinner. Then I serve roast chicken. Or curry. Or steak and kidney pie.
What can I say? Food is an art form and by the time I got to the kitchen (after a few side trips), the pork chops just were not the colour of the day! (grin)
Old 03-08-05, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainraven
I've been known to ask my husband if he feels like pork chops for dinner. Then I serve roast chicken. Or curry. Or steak and kidney pie.
What can I say? Food is an art form and by the time I got to the kitchen (after a few side trips), the pork chops just were not the colour of the day! (grin)
LOL i do that to sometimes but with the kids...

Old 03-08-05, 01:11 AM

Location: In a cynical state of mind where mankind fails to impress
FightingBoredom will become famous soon enough
The way ADD has affected my cooking is...OMG, it's 7PM and the kids haven't eaten. Do you think we have time to make a Wendy's run before their bedtime or should they just eat PBJ or cereal again?

On a serious note with the cooking. I find it frustrating to cook because sometimes the food will turn out GREAT and I can't figure out what I did differently when the same entree turns out nasty....
our "higher" selves.
I just hope I can remember that I came to this realization!

And I'm sick of giving people advice. They don't listen. They don't really want to deal with their issues. They just want to whine and complain and have someone else listen and tell them everything is going to be OK!

Well, everything is NOT going to be OK unless you learn to handle whatever comes your way.
Old 03-08-05, 10:43 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingBoredom
On a serious note with the cooking. I find it frustrating to cook because sometimes the food will turn out GREAT and I can't figure out what I did differently when the same entree turns out nasty....
I'M the same way, i never make something that taste the same twice,,,except baking.

Old 03-07-06, 01:31 AM

Thanked 1,450 Times in 1,165 Posts
~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold
cook???? are we supposed to cook???

Not one of my strong points I am afraid. I stand and stare in the cupboard, and stare a bit more, then walk away....it's way too overwhelming! LOL

Meat and 3 veg is about my limit :-)

CHINESE PROVERB
Old 03-07-06, 02:16 AM

Ian has disabled reputation
Food!! Sensational! It's a sensual thing. I love to cook, bake, brew, cultivate, weed, store, you name it, I love it in food. Anything that grows is even better. Yogurt, cheese, soy products, sour cream, sun baked ice tea, whatever, whenever.

Tonight it was a thick broth of beef with lots of barley and carrots. I made some short baking powder biscuits with sharp cheddar squares melting into their tops while they cooked. There weren't too many left overs tonight.

Cheers! Ian
>>>Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

Old 03-07-06, 08:55 AM

Thanked 1,450 Times in 1,165 Posts
~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold
"Tonight it was a thick broth of beef with lots of barley and carrots. I made some short baking powder biscuits with sharp cheddar squares melting into their tops while they cooked. There weren't too many left overs tonight"

yummmmmm :-)

CHINESE PROVERB
Old 03-21-06, 12:07 AM

Lvmyhorses is on a distinguished road
It affects my baking more than my cooking. For every batch of cookies I manage to get out of the oven safe and done just right, I burn another one. SO, I just buy twice as many to begin with, and usually end up with the right amount I need.
Old 04-01-06, 12:37 AM

Alekat has disabled reputation
Wow, I am amazed at the ADDer-cooking sucess stories. The kitchen caused me so much stress all my life that I learned to hate cooking very early. I can't deal with more than 2 things on the stove. Takes a long time to just mentally prepare and no matter how hard I try it usually fails if I'm cooking for others and I can't wait till it's over. I try my best to avoid getting in that situation. I manage to eat good enough things by myself tho. I'm hoping that the longer I'm treated for my ADD (finally!) confidence might kick in in this area. I will remain "gunshy" about it for a long time tho. In other words Traumaized, not kidding. Still, maybe there's hope.
Kat
Old 04-01-06, 08:08 PM

Ian has disabled reputation
Would you like to hear about some of the failures? They are legendary in my home.
>>>Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

Old 04-02-06, 10:52 AM

Alekat has disabled reputation
Yes, that could be a funny thread. Sort of like tragedy turns into comedy when you talk about it years later. Got a good one?