ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Recipes
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Recipes Easy recipes for the ADDer & ADD Family

Old 06-09-07, 02:29 AM
Contributor

acceptance has disabled reputation
Put me in a kitchen any day
as long as you put a bottle of wine with me,i'll cook you up a storm

I love cooking,especially if there are people around to eat it
Old 07-08-07, 01:11 PM

Guest1 will become famous soon enough
i kinda move out of the kitchen while the pan is on i forget about it thats not good
Old 12-14-08, 08:07 AM
ADDvanced Member

Ebzy will become famous soon enough
Re: how does ADD affect your cooking?

I make such a mess when I cook, whatever I am making ends up all over the bench. I enjoy it though.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-08, 06:13 AM
Contributor

Johnny123 will become famous soon enough

I force myself to stay in the kitchen when im cooking things in the oven or in the stove, i just forget! It's really bad.
Old 12-19-08, 03:04 PM

treza is on a distinguished road

I loooooove to cook....I loooooove cook books too (cd's are wonderful). They are perfect reading for me.....relatively short, wonderful pictures and what a variety!!!! never get bored. Although, I can cook pretty well even do a little catering sometimes, my friends and family swear my best meals are the, "I don't have a clue meals". They are the ones that I walk into the kitchen and throw things into a pot, bowl, frying pan, or grill and make it up as I go,cause I don't have a clue. I generally make a huge mess (my great grandmother said that was the sign of a good cook.......wow I must be better than I thought.....how did I get flour up there??????)
Old 12-19-08, 06:46 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,493 Times in 13,309 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

bof - it kind of overwhelms me. At the end of a day at work it's about the last thing I want to do. I'll take any shortcuts I can find! But i like to eat a proper homemade meal, I try and make something nice on Sundays at least.
Old 12-22-08, 10:56 AM

Thanked 21,938 Times in 7,993 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I can say about myself is I am an excellent cook. I too have never followed a recipe line by line and I have the ability to reproduce a meal I've only eaten once. I can eat something at a restaurant and know immediately what's in it by the taste, my son can also do this. We can construct the recipe while we eat. Most restaurant food is mediocre at best and I can make it much better at home. I haven't used a recipe for bread in years, I can make it from scratch know the texture it needs and have it turn out perfectly every time. I get so much satisfaction from people enjoying my cooking, alas I don't have a life now where I throw dinner parties but I used to and it was so much fun. (except the cleaning up afterwards.)
Old 12-22-08, 07:22 PM

Thanked 1,016 Times in 671 Posts
pADDyjay is a name known to allpADDyjay is a name known to allpADDyjay is a name known to allpADDyjay is a name known to allpADDyjay is a name known to allpADDyjay is a name known to allpADDyjay is a name known to all

I love to cook, and just use most recipes as guide and just shoot from the hip something different everytime

ritalin decreases my appitite usually if my dose is to close to meals

If Im home alone I wont cook Ill just graze the fridge or maybe and apple or something
Old 12-29-08, 10:28 PM
ADDvanced Member

Darkangel001 will become famous soon enough

I love cooking- Only problem is in Halls, ppl don't usually like cooking with me- I have a friend a Virgo- who is adamant of following the recipe- primarily because of some of the disaster she just managed to stop me from doing- LOL

But yeah- I love recipe books- but just to get ideas- after that I sort of wing it and hope it turns allright- I usually end up forgetting I left stuff in the oven though. LOL- which is bad but hey

WHat I hate about cooking is not the washing up, but putting everything back in the right place afterwards- caus I think- I am going to be using this again, so why bother?

But I still luurve cooking and food and chocolate...this is making me really hungry-Ill leave now
Old 01-01-09, 12:46 AM

ScreamCrySmile is on a distinguished road

So i wanted to bake a cake.
I had all the ingredients in front of me.
I put them in.
I mixed them together
I put em in the oven.
I sat in front of it playing um, gameboy :]
And the middle didn't rise. It tasted like death
Turns out i forgot to add baking powder. I am convinced this is connected to my ADD. primarily because I got it out and put it away and read over its usage several times in the recipe. And never put it in >.>
So i killed my cake with a knife.

And buried the body.

It was never meant to be born X]
The Following User Says Thank You to ScreamCrySmile For This Useful Post:
namazu (11-11-10)
Old 04-20-09, 05:58 AM
Jr Member

Wes-O is on a distinguished road

I've come up with some great dishes or so I'm told by my family with everyone telling me to make that again and make it soon. I will of course there's no way it's just like I made it the first time. Another thing is that it takes me forever to get finished. Kitchen's a complete wreck too.

Great a song stuck in my head, "Someone left a cake out in the rain"...
Old 04-20-09, 07:08 AM
ADDvanced Member

Location: I'm in Texas. My avatar is running from the feds, somewhere out in The Black.
RiverIsSerenity will become famous soon enough

My Hubby always asks, "Is this duplicatable???" He'll love a dish but know that I'll never be able to make it agian because I was cooking by the seat of my pants.
Old 05-10-09, 08:12 AM
Jr Member

RosieB is on a distinguished road

I was going to cook some rice in the rice cooker last night. I grabbed the can of cooking spray and sprayed it all over the bowl. Only it wasn't cooking spray - it was spray on adhesive. Only noticed when it smelled a bit funny. Well, it was in a can with a white lid, wasn't it?
Old 05-10-09, 11:42 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

kattsqueen is just really nicekattsqueen is just really nicekattsqueen is just really nicekattsqueen is just really nice

I love to cook also!! I am an expert at the quick fix meal.. I do take some short cuts once in a while for eg. soups to help for sauces...

I am a real good breakfast cook too..

for me its enjoyment of cooking for others When alone I usuallly graze from the fridge fruit cheese whatever and i can lose weight like paddyj

Once in a while I will Make a pasta dish for my self as my partner isnt a pasta fan

Once in a while I will make a pasta dish when he is HOme for our dinner together because I will cook things for him that I am not real fond of because he enjoys them so I figure once in a while he can eat something because I really like it

I made spaghetti carbonara for dinner one night had never made that before and he absolutely loved it...Go figure?

katts

IN the little bar i work at on saturday i cook breakfast and serve. As well as wait on the customers...

Needless to say not really that busy (very small town) but my customers appreciate and enjoy my cooking

I cannot bake too hard to follow recipes for me..

I prefer experiment and can really cook up a nice juicy cheese burger!!
Old 05-10-09, 11:48 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

kattsqueen is just really nicekattsqueen is just really nicekattsqueen is just really nicekattsqueen is just really nice

Oh Yes john is grilling steaks for my mothers day dinner tonite he even did the shopping!!!

He bought eye of round steaks which can get tough but I will eat them and love them as its the thought that counts!!! I"m not even the mother of his children but he always makes this a special day for me!!!

Weve been together for eleven years and still both add and doing well.lol

katts