ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-18, 03:00 AM

Abeljzook is on a distinguished road
Re: Do you tell people you have ADD?

Only a few know. I'm not that open.
Old 09-21-18, 11:14 PM

Letsdance is on a distinguished road

Only my wife and doctor knows. Thats just fine with me. I think in general there is a stigma attached to it and this information can be used against you in social circles.
Old 08-25-19, 05:13 AM

LalaDee is on a distinguished road

Iím really struggling with attitudes of my family members towards my possible adhd (I have been referred and have my first psychiatrist appointment soon). My Dad said to me last night that I donít have it but want it!! Iím baffled & hurt. I donít have anyone to talk to about it.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-19, 12:59 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

TheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LalaDee View Post
Iím really struggling with attitudes of my family members towards my possible adhd (I have been referred and have my first psychiatrist appointment soon). My Dad said to me last night that I donít have it but want it!! Iím baffled & hurt. I donít have anyone to talk to about it.
My dad doesnít believe in therapist lol so you can imagine my struggles.
I do feel for you, but remember that if your diagnosis is true and is verified by
A professional then you can get the help you need and that is what matters . Your dad could be just lashing out to cope with the fact you might have ADHD. But it is not excusing his behavior. Maybe try and get your therapist to talk to your dad
Old 12-09-19, 01:03 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

TheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to behold

I don’t usually tell people unless I feel it’s the right time to disclose it. My family knows and some other people. The other day I told this guy, that i can think outside the box quite well and employers like that about me and he asked me if I have a learning disability because he Is good with pattern and he thinks it’s because of his learning disability so I decided to blurt out I have ADHD lol. We bonded quite well over that.