ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-09, 09:36 AM

mr.lazy will become famous soon enough
Re: Time and Computers

I find it really hard too and i find that the more i use the internet the better i get at finding random stuff to distract me, like atm i am 'revising for macroeconomics' and I end up here... i only came to check if someone had to replied to a pm but this is the 4th topic I've read now. =[

Old 11-22-09, 09:54 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,129 Times in 678 Posts
excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

I get so tired of wasting time
Old 11-24-09, 06:25 PM
ADDvanced Member

musicpainter will become famous soon enough

I get tired of wasting time but I just can't seem to close my laptop. I go from site to site looking up nothing in general. A thought pops into my head and I open a new tab and before I know it I have like 20 tabs open and I don't even remember where I started.

And I find myself coming here more and more and more. It's a great resource that I'm glad I found on accident, but sometimes I wish I hadn't cuz since finding it I can't stop looking around here.

I love the internet but without it I could maybe get something done during the day. But then again, I'd probably just find something else to distract me from my homework.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to musicpainter For This Useful Post:
Green MM (01-15-10), Nyarlathotep (06-14-10), Unmanagable (06-05-11)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-09, 10:01 PM

excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicpainter View Post
I get tired of wasting time but I just can't seem to close my laptop. I go from site to site looking up nothing in general. A thought pops into my head and I open a new tab and before I know it I have like 20 tabs open and I don't even remember where I started.

And I find myself coming here more and more and more. It's a great resource that I'm glad I found on accident, but sometimes I wish I hadn't cuz since finding it I can't stop looking around here.

I love the internet but without it I could maybe get something done during the day. But then again, I'd probably just find something else to distract me from my homework.
I am glad I found this site too.
Old 12-13-09, 04:32 PM

How can we stop wasiting time and get productive
Old 01-09-10, 01:39 AM
Contributor

Cacho is just really niceCacho is just really niceCacho is just really niceCacho is just really nice

Yup, I do that too.

One thing I've notice that helps is if I can somehow stand up and turn around. That's usually clear my head, I can figure out what I should be doing, and if I act fast enough I can sit back down, close all the windows, and open the programs I should actually be using. Sometimes, if I have to do non computer stuff, I'll just walk away from the laptop, w/o closing it or turning it off. It's the only way I can leave.

I've also found that posting the next thing I want to do onto my desktop (along w/ my planned schedule for the day and list of things completed) helps. I use Samurize (good Lifehacer article on it http://lifehacker.com/213280/geek-to...o-your-desktop )to this through text files... but you can also use stuff like DeskTask.exe if you want to use your Outlook tasks.
Old 01-15-10, 12:18 PM

I don't know hat clears my head
Old 01-15-10, 12:58 PM

Starstruck will become famous soon enough

I'm like musicpainter. I get a thought of something I want to look up, and I open so many tabs and browse them all. And then that leads to looking something else up.

Also, cacho, your game champion badges were scrolling across the screen and I almost had a panic attack; my legs tensed and all the air was expelled from my lungs.. I thought it was a bug on the screen but it was just your arcade marquee
Old 06-11-10, 09:19 PM

have computers helpe us or hurt us in the communcation process
Old 06-11-10, 10:04 PM

Thanked 2,850 Times in 1,776 Posts
EshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant future

I can't believe how well I handle my HTC hero powered by DROID. I am truly a Master of the Universe. Just try the SkyMap App by Google and you'll be 1 yourself. BTW I recently played Age Of Empires 3 for 6 hours and thought it was 20 minutes.

peripatetic is nuts and I'm the squirrel.
Old 06-14-10, 11:33 AM

what seems minutes can turn into hours of wasted time
Old 06-14-10, 11:39 AM

Thanked 2,850 Times in 1,776 Posts
EshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
what seems minutes can turn into hours of wasted time
Actuallly I attribute my recent successes with multi-tasking to this game I play. It has formed a foundation in my mind that is irrepressible now. I have learned a good chunk of Russian in one month because of this. I still play this game even though I am better at it than a computer now.

peripatetic is nuts and I'm the squirrel.
Old 06-14-10, 12:13 PM

Thanked 6,536 Times in 2,663 Posts
danelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadd823 View Post
Well I had a short drive so I am already nuts. This describes me to a T. I can spend an entire day on the computer and accomplish absolutely nothing. The only reason I work is because I don't get on the computer before hand because I know myself better If I turn on th.e computer in the morning I will never get out the door.
Boy did I learn this the hard way! A couple of times I've pulled over for a quick coffee break and a walk with Earl and think,oh..I'll just do one quick acronym. Next thing I know TWO hours have gone by! Then I have to drive 2 extra hrs at the end of the day to make up for the lost time,which makes it harder to find a parking spot. Now no more quick stops. Right now I'm just sitting waiting for a load so I give myself permission to play.
Lessee...any new acronyms yet,hmm?
Old 06-14-10, 01:20 PM
ADDvanced Member

Nyarlathotep has disabled reputation

I hate this ****ing piece of **** glowing box that sucks time from my life and ****s up my productivity and takes me away from my clients and my family.

Die ****ing computer, ****ing die!

*click*, *click*, *F5*, *typetty-typetty-type*, *click*, *F5*...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nyarlathotep For This Useful Post:
Amorphis (01-01-14), snickerz (10-05-10), taylor00257 (02-14-12)
Old 06-14-10, 01:26 PM

Thanked 6,536 Times in 2,663 Posts
danelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm gonna buy an exercise cd to play on the computer. There ain't much room to move in the truck but I can still move a little...and I'll still be getting my 'staring at the computer' fix.