ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-11, 02:38 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,129 Times in 678 Posts
excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold
Re: Time and Computers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlspartz View Post
Yes, but i still can't get off it.

I am addicted to the internet also, because of stimulation. Jumping between forums, news, RSS feeds where I channel tons of info, wikipedia, online video games, even tv (I don't do cable, I stream everything through netflix and hulu plus), or download movies and share them through a media server to my ps3. I loved doing SEO in the past. When there's interruption in internet service, I aircrack the closest wifi connection. Off the internet, mod video game engines, animation, 3d modeling, etc. I got 3 monitors at my work.

There's usually not even enough stimulation I can get. Honestly, I'll have TV going, playing video games, and listening to music all at the same time, and still want more. My wife will sometimes want to cuddle, and my mind goes crazy from not doing anything. I can't wait to try meds. My first appointment is tomorrow.
I get tired of being on the computer, but I get back on just to kill time. /i can get so very bored
Old 02-22-11, 03:54 PM
Contributor

Flibbertigibbet is a glorious beacon of lightFlibbertigibbet is a glorious beacon of lightFlibbertigibbet is a glorious beacon of lightFlibbertigibbet is a glorious beacon of lightFlibbertigibbet is a glorious beacon of light

Someone is actually here right now prohibiting me from reading this whole thread..but I just wanted to respond real quick.. with a question ..

What EVER did we/I do before computers?!?
I haven't had one all my life... what the hell did i do w my time to be distracted then?
I surely wasn't any more productive, thats for sure.
Perhaps it was just the TV then.

But the computer is like one of thos bug-zapper things to a bug.. we're like..all attracted to its warm-shiny-illumination and we can't help drifting towards it... and then ZAaaAApPPp!* there goes our day.

"We are all Mad here."
Old 02-22-11, 04:16 PM
I eat shades of red.

Thanked 22,204 Times in 9,399 Posts
Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond repute

The computer isn't responsible for the fact that I spend all my time doing things, I am. I'd spend it all reading books or watching television or movies if I didn't have a computer. Except, I'd have a lot less novelty due to not being able to afford to purchase a book every day.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-11, 04:30 PM

excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

You can always get books from the library.
Old 02-22-11, 05:34 PM
I eat shades of red.

Thanked 22,204 Times in 9,399 Posts
Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
You can always get books from the library.
Libraries have a limited supply of books within my interests. I also tend to avoid libraries because I do not love the inevitable overdue fees.

Not relevant to my point, though, which was if I didn't have a computer I would still have a way to waste all my time.
Old 02-22-11, 08:28 PM

Thanked 2,289 Times in 1,189 Posts
buddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant future

I just learned how to use the computer within the last year or so.I am amazed at all there is to look at.They didn't have computers when I was young(54yrs old now).So I am having a good time with it.It does take time away from all the things I used to do
but, I still manage to fit those things in.I now have made time for the computer because I really enjoy it.

buddy
Old 02-22-11, 08:57 PM
Contributor

Flibbertigibbet is a glorious beacon of lightFlibbertigibbet is a glorious beacon of lightFlibbertigibbet is a glorious beacon of lightFlibbertigibbet is a glorious beacon of lightFlibbertigibbet is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
Libraries have a limited supply of books within my interests. I also tend to avoid libraries because I do not love the inevitable overdue fees.

Not relevant to my point, though, which was if I didn't have a computer I would still have a way to waste all my time.
omg totally... this is why I dont rent movies. I just buy them or dl them because w the at of $ I get charged for late fees I coulda bought 10 movies.
And it takes me forever to read a book. Knowings its due soon will just make me take longer too.

The one good thing tho about being distracted by the comp...at least its not he tv. I feel like I'm at least learning stuff while sitting here. Stuff I never would have otherwise. So at least thats good

"We are all Mad here."
The Following User Says Thank You to Flibbertigibbet For This Useful Post:
namazu (02-23-11)
Old 02-23-11, 11:26 AM

I need to manage my time beteer but where do I Start
The Following User Says Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
Celeste (03-14-11)
Old 02-23-11, 03:53 PM
ADDvanced Member

happierin09 has disabled reputation

It's getting worse and worse for me with time wasting on the internet, especially when I am working. I'm trying timers, alarms, and anything else I can think of to try and keep my focus where it needs to be. Maybe someday I'll get there...

Old 03-02-11, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happierin09 View Post
It's getting worse and worse for me with time wasting on the internet, especially when I am working. I'm trying timers, alarms, and anything else I can think of to try and keep my focus where it needs to be. Maybe someday I'll get there...
Disconnect the computer
Old 03-08-11, 08:47 PM

I still waste lots of time on the computer.
Old 03-09-11, 07:23 AM
ADDvanced Member

happierin09 has disabled reputation

I'd disconnect the computer...except my work is on my computer, online, so I can't quite work without it, but I can use leechblock and I can just work harder at not going off on so many tangents when I research something. That's the goal anyway

Old 03-09-11, 09:27 AM

I never heard of leechblock
Old 03-13-11, 11:01 AM

Thanked 3,338 Times in 1,909 Posts
Bluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond repute

I have always been a reader and I have always enjoyed writing. The computer for me was like a magic wand. It meant I could do more of what I enjoyed.

My family make fun of me for the way I act if the computer is playing up. I can no longer imagine being without it. Iíve killed three monitors and even set one comp on fire (a wire was resting on something and overheated). They have great fun with that one.
Old 03-14-11, 07:14 AM

Celeste is on a distinguished road

I'm doing that right now. Losing track of time. Promised myself I'd close this browser window at 12PM. It's 12:15PM now. Oops. Time to be productive...