ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Old 05-16-19, 04:39 AM
Contributor

20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light
Re: ADHD and Cheating -- Related?

Somewhat curiously, I find myself agreeing with the OP on this one...he did say that ADHD is not an excuse, but I took it that he was referring to such traits as delayed maturity, a tendency to be distracted by shiny things, and a reluctance to persist in solving hard problems.

Many of us can identify with these tendencies in other areas of life, and it's easy for me to see how these heighten the risk of "falling off the wagon"...whatever wagon we may be trying to stay on. Knowing what I know today, if I were dating someone with ADHD, I would have these very concerns, among several others.

The one question I would ask, however, is how firmly does the philanderer in question expect perfect fidelity of his mate?
Old 05-16-19, 04:50 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,082 Times in 15,343 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ADHD and Cheating -- Related?

Impulsiveness and impulse control are hallmark symptoms of adhd. In that vein I can see why the OP cheated, but that is where your moral code comes into play. You have to reconcile what you suffer with (adhd and impulsiveness) and whether it is morally or ethically ok to cheat on someone.

I carried a watermelon?