ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD A forum to discuss Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Panic Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Simple Phobias, and Social Anxiety Disorder

Old 03-23-11, 12:48 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,123 Times in 673 Posts
excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold
Re: Driving Anxiety

If I didn't have driving anxiety, and if I could drive anywhere without confusing intersections my anxiety would be managable
Old 03-23-11, 06:42 PM

excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

How do you deal with your driving anxiety, and what keeps you going
Old 03-24-11, 08:42 AM

Somehow I have always been able to work my way through it. I have done hypnosis, ans medication.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-11, 12:12 PM
ADDvanced Member

danielj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by danelady View Post
driving a four wheeler again has me terrified! I feel much safer in the semi!
Dane... That is so true! I would rather be in a truck than a four wheeler! I finally told my fiancee the other day that I am a horrible driver in a car, but I can drive a truck without any problems.

It is kind of funny, I will drive a four wheeler almost anywhere, except downtown Seattle, and if I have to go to Downtown Seattle, it's by bus, or by truck for that matter.

I hate driving a four wheeler! I hate it! I hate it! I hate it! lol

That being said... Dane, can I borrow your truck? I still know my old driver id LOL
Old 03-26-11, 10:32 AM

How do you deal with your driving anxiety?
Old 03-26-11, 03:21 PM

Ihate driving up in Newv castle county where their are so many confusing highways
Old 03-28-11, 06:39 PM

I just started thinking that my slow processing speed could be causing some of my driving anxiety. I do have anxiety before I start driving.unreasonable fears.I used to have excessive urination too
Old 03-28-11, 11:56 PM

lovinlife22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova2012 View Post
It's funny, my sister, who doesn't have ADHD, has driving anxiety, particularly manifested in that she refuses to drive on freeways. She's never driven on one. I think it's ludicrous and it frustrates me perpetually when my parents enable her by driving her places (mostly my mom) that she's perfectly capable of driving to herself but won't. I've offered to show her how to drive on a freeway--as if it's that difficult--but she always gets ****ed off when I do.

I guess this is how people feel when I tell them about my ADHD--that it's ludicrous, a personality defect, and/or doesn't exist. So, I should be a little more compassionate about my sister's driving anxiety. People in glass houses...

anonymouslyadd, that sounds like social anxiety. I have that, too, when driving, but it's not driving anxiety, per se--just more of the same old fear of negative evaluation by others. Mine manifests more in people "competing" with me on the road and fear of getting into a road rage incident with someone else.
I was not able to drive for years because of my anxiety, I finally found a P-doc who put me on klonopin and it worked miracles for me..I drive out of state now.Maybe your sister needs meds. It sure cant hurt..Hope she gets over her fear soon
Old 03-29-11, 12:19 PM

Good for you. I wish I could
Old 03-29-11, 05:26 PM

I think other factors contribute to my driving anxiety
Old 03-30-11, 06:47 PM

Just think How much driving anxity contributes to our overall health espically when we get before we start driving
Old 03-31-11, 10:48 AM

Is their a medication that wors good for driving anxiety?
Old 04-02-11, 01:49 PM

How do you deal with your driving anxiety and has it gotten better? I have used hpnosis in the past
Old 04-03-11, 05:58 PM

I really need to get over this
Old 04-05-11, 11:10 AM

My driving anxety is cominng back, and I don't know what to do about it