ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old Today, 04:06 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,137 Times in 12,608 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
when my son was 9 months i left him 2 hrs at a nursery once a week,
he didntcry but gave me this piercing " wtf" look, the first time, I really felt like the very most awful mother on the face of the earth.
it gets easier
Aww....fuzzling excels in the piercing disapproving look.

This isn't about me being over anxious though (I think). She was really in a bad state yesterday. Even I couldn't calm her down for quite a while. And I'm pretty sure she threw up from all the crying. She's never thrown up from.from . crying.

She didn't have dinner or breakfast
And didnt sleep well either. And today she was still very clingy and howled when I tried to.leave her with my mum for 5 min. She's got worse than normal separation anxiety.

Today when I entered the nursery she started crying immediately so she must have remembered her experience there yesterday. Again it took me a while to calm her down and then thankfully she was fine once she realised I wasn't leaving.

Did I mention the article yesterday thst I read? It discussed some studies about babies having elevated stress levels ie cortisol levels, for months after joining nursery even if they didn't show any signs of distress anymore. In the studies the researchers apparently suggested to ease the transition into nursery by spending there a fortnight or till your baby is.comfortable there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (Today), stef (Today)
Old Today, 04:07 PM

Thanked 18,612 Times in 9,924 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
Tasty at first, but I am done with the Sweet Chili Garlic pretzel pieces.

The chili was monodimentional in that it seemed like it was made from only Adobo peppers. So it wasn't chili pepper style in the way there might be 3 peppers blended...like Adobo, Chipotle, and a pinch of red pepper capsicum...nor was it chili in the sense of Adobo with cumin.

Not bad, don't get me wrong, but I enjoyed them and now I am done...returning with glee to the Cheddar Cheese variety.

Cheers,
Ian
the cheese were the tats. Have not nary a cheese west of the Mississippi.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (Today), stef (Today)
Old Today, 04:09 PM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
oh God no! No! You need to be concerned.

How many other babies/children are there every day? How many people are there to supervise/ attend to/ hold if need be/ etc. for the babies that are there?

That mgr might not even be the real mgr. I am freaking out here!
There have never been more than 4 babies when I've been there. By law you can't have more than 3 babies per staff but they've got usually more staff than that which is great. Also I really really liked the other staff. Very young girls but they were very caring and affectionate. And very cooperative. It was just the manager. But the junior staff obviously can't go against the manager.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (Today), Little Missy (Today), stef (Today)
Sponsored Links
Old Today, 04:15 PM

Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
There have never been more than 4 babies when I've been there. By law you can't have more than 3 babies per staff but they've got usually more staff than that which is great. Also I really really liked the other staff. Very young girls but they were very caring and affectionate. And very cooperative. It was just the manager. But the junior staff obviously can't go against the manager.
huh.

Probably best to talk with them/her with your husband. I don't know. But any place that specifically tells you that you can not be there just seems very - for lack of a better word - not correct. It is not a free service is it?

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (Today), Fuzzy12 (Today), stef (Today)
Old Today, 04:28 PM

Thanked 11,691 Times in 5,191 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

So is nursery the UK term for what we would call day-care here in the US?

It seems odd to me to place a child of that age with an undeveloped immune system in an environment with a high amount of both microbes and vectors.

Confused,
Ian
Fuzzy12 (Today), Little Missy (Today), stef (Today)
Old Today, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
huh.

Probably best to talk with them/her with your husband. I don't know. But any place that specifically tells you that you can not be there just seems very - for lack of a better word - not correct. It is not a free service is it?
Nope not free at all. Well, thr manager said I can't stay longer than for 30 min.

One of the girls later explained that it might be because the other babies might get upset seeing a strange face, which probably makes sense.

Thr manager though tried to dress it up as if she wants just the best for fuzzling whereas I'm selfishly trying to delay her independence.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (Today), Little Missy (Today)
Old Today, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
So is nursery the UK term for what we would call day-care here in the US?

It seems odd to me to place a child of that age with an undeveloped immune system in an environment with a high amount of both microbes and vectors.

Confused,
Ian
Yes I think so. It's usually for kids from birth upto 3 years or so.

I'm not too keen on the nursery idea but I have to go back go work at some point and the layer we leave it the more difficult it will probably be.

Hehe she kept eating off the carpet today in the nursery and I really had to control myself to not freak out.

It's ok though. Apparently it's good for kids to be exposed to some germs to strengthen their immune system.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (Today), Lunacie (Today), stef (Today)
Old Today, 05:36 PM

Thanked 11,691 Times in 5,191 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hehe she kept eating off the carpet today in the nursery and I really had to control myself to not freak out.

It's ok though. Apparently it's good for kids to be exposed to some germs to strengthen their immune system.
Yes, indeed...eating off the floor, no problem. Exposed to other rugrats and their keepers...hmm.

Blesséd Be, Mother and Child,
Ian
Old Today, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Nope not free at all. Well, thr manager said I can't stay longer than for 30 min.

One of the girls later explained that it might be because the other babies might get upset seeing a strange face, which probably makes sense.

Thr manager though tried to dress it up as if she wants just the best for fuzzling whereas I'm selfishly trying to delay her independence.
That is a CROCK. Don't fall for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (Today)