ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-18, 06:21 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,049 Times in 14,230 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I can't change

Fuzzy: You are NOT: lazy, crazy, dumb, useless, worthless, unworthy, unloveable, stupid, evil, terrible, horrible, horrid or insignificant.
You are human.
You have flaws.
You have gifts.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (05-18-18), psychopathetic (05-18-18)
Old 05-18-18, 08:03 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,067 Times in 6,995 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Fuzzy: You are NOT: lazy, crazy, dumb, useless, worthless, unworthy, unloveable, stupid, evil, terrible, horrible, horrid or insignificant.
You are human.
You have flaws.
You have gifts.
OH!
And also you are a fuzzball too!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (05-18-18)
Old 05-18-18, 08:24 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 29,259 Times in 13,497 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

I am a fuzzball!!

There are so many posts I want to reply too this thread but I'm just not getting the time. Hopefully soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (05-18-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-18, 06:57 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,723 Times in 1,894 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

You only just recently became obese right Fuzzy? What's changed now that you could keep from being obese for your entire life until recently?

I think you expect too much out of yourself Fuzz. I think everyone has different levels of energy and we are happiest and most long-term successful when we accept ourselves - that we have that amount of energy - and if we strive to simplify our lives so we only have to function to as close to that level as practically possible.

That's what works for me anyway. I can think of 5 aspects in my life that I had to take effort in order to maintain (1. myself including my mental and physical health, 2. my relationships, 3. my work, 4. my home, 5. my finances).

I realized that I myself do not have the energy to juggle them all alone. And I totally accept that and have no problems with it. I kind of wonder if you are like me and don't have the energy to do all of these as well. I cut 2 out of these five aspects out of my life. One, I handed off to someone else to do and the other, I'm lucky enough not to have to deal with anymore.

The rest I have tried to simplify (and fit me better) to the extent possible so I have to take as little effort as possible to achieve them. I don't actually think I can change myself long-term. But I can change my life to make it easier for me to succeed.

I know you didn't work for a time so had cut #3 (work) out. But you didn't seem to gain the same happiness that I do from it. Is it cause of high expectations on yourself (feeling like you are a loser if you don't have a job) or because you truly need to work to be happy? If you think it's cause you think you need it to be happy, are you sure that is accurate?

I'll have to say, I'm on the whole no work is better band wagon right now simply cause of my own life. And if you can juggle work and everything else and work makes you happy great. But still, I do think accepting your limits and changing your life accordingly is the easiest way to succeed regarless if work if what you chose to cut out in order to make your life simpler or not.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-20-18), Fuzzy12 (05-18-18), psychopathetic (05-18-18)