ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 05-18-18, 09:05 AM

JooceMayn is on a distinguished road
Looking for advice on boosters for Vyvanse

Hey guys,

I'm currently prescribed 60 mg vyvanse from my doc, and it works great for me. I was looking for a booster for the afternoon. I brought it up with my doc and he says that he typically bumps patients to 70 mg vyvanse, then starts adding in adderall for a booster.

The thing is, I don't really like adderall. It makes me a bit too edgy. I was doing some searching around the forums and heard that dex IR or dex spansules are used sometimes as a booster. I was wondering if anyone could provide some input on their experiences with either of the two.
Old 05-18-18, 07:57 PM
Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all
Re: Looking for advice on boosters for Vyvanse

I'd suggest that you tell him that you don't respond well to Adderall. If he's willing to prescribe Adderall IR as a booster, I can't think of a compelling reason why he wouldn't be willing to prescribe Dexedrine IR.
The Following User Says Thank You to CharlesH For This Useful Post:
JooceMayn (Today)
Old Today, 10:41 AM

JooceMayn is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for advice on boosters for Vyvanse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesH View Post
I'd suggest that you tell him that you don't respond well to Adderall. If he's willing to prescribe Adderall IR as a booster, I can't think of a compelling reason why he wouldn't be willing to prescribe Dexedrine IR.

Much appreciated. Do you have any experience or knowledge on Dex spansules and how they compare to IR?
Sponsored Links