ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-17, 11:47 PM

adhdme will become famous soon enough
6 years!

WOW! I have not logged onto addforums since 2011! What a success story I am! I say that with humility. In addition, after going back to read my threads and post gosh what a different person I have become! This place really helped me out of a dark place in my life. One day I woke up and stopped being a hypochondriac. I still suffer with ADHD but currently taking 10mg x 6 times a day and working hard! Very successful in Real Estate and Cryptocurrency. I turn 28 tomorrow! The only reason I stumbled upon addforums was because they sent me an e-mail saying happy birthday.

Wow what an amazing feelings. I hope to continue to be active going forward! WOW!!!!

I seen this in someones signature, forgive me I missed your name, PM ME i`ll give you credit! Thanks!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to adhdme For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (09-08-17), Kaia.S (09-09-17), Little Missy (09-08-17), Lunacie (09-08-17), peripatetic (09-08-17), PoppnNSailinMan (09-08-17)
Old 09-08-17, 12:02 AM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,090 Times in 8,141 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 6 years!

Welcome back and congratulations on your success.
adhdme (09-08-17)
Old 09-08-17, 01:52 AM

Thank you! @anonymouslyadd. Oh man, it's crazy how time flies. Look back and gosh how much has changed. I guess that is life for ya!

I seen this in someones signature, forgive me I missed your name, PM ME i`ll give you credit! Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to adhdme For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (09-08-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-17, 05:03 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,108 Times in 12,598 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and well done.

Welcome back!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
adhdme (09-08-17)
Old 09-08-17, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Congratulations and well done.

Welcome back!!
Thanks @Fuzzy12

If anyone here every needs any advice or wants to talk I am here for you! PM Away! Today is my birthday so I will go enjoy my day. See you beautiful people soon!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adhdme For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (09-08-17), Little Missy (09-08-17)
Old 09-08-17, 03:03 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

TheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to behold

Congratz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
adhdme (09-08-17)
Old 09-08-17, 04:30 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 18,789 Times in 10,836 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back adhdme
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Forever is a long, long time and time has a way of changing things" Big Mama - The Fox and the Hound (Disney)
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
adhdme (09-08-17)
Old 09-08-17, 07:07 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

TheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to behold

oh and welcome back!
Old 09-08-17, 08:09 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,108 Times in 12,598 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy birthday!!
Old 09-09-17, 12:30 PM

Thank you all!

I had a fabulous birthday! I spent time with my mother, daughter and the girlfriend. I had a great cup of coffee and after this mornings reflection I came to the conclusion that 28 years old feels great! I was able to realign my goals with the motive to work very hard these next two years so that 30 is even better! I want to feel like I have my stuff together like all the way together. Time to tie loose ends and stay disciplined! We all know that discipline is a touchy subject with us individuals with add and adhd. I can attest to this myself. On the other hand, my family and I are having a birthday party for my girlfriends daughter at chuckee cheese. Will talk to you beautiful people real soon.

Best,
ADHDME

Old 09-09-17, 12:38 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhdme View Post
Time to tie loose ends and stay disciplined!
i am just curious how do you stay disciplined? i have always had the worst time with that.
Old 09-09-17, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatKing View Post
i am just curious how do you stay disciplined? i have always had the worst time with that.
First, as a individual with ADD or ADHD you must admit to your self out loud that you have issues with self-discipline and or discipline in its entirety. Once you affirm this fact your informing your unconscious mind of this discipline gap. Now you have to understand that over the course of your day you will make 100's of decisions conciously and unconsiously. Now you must make your self aware of each decision even the decision of having to go to the bathroom, get a drink to water, watch television etc. Once you become aware that your making a decision literally every minute of your day you now need to understand how each decision can change the course of your entire day for example like not wanting to get out of bed which would ensure your not productive for the day. Once you affirm the fact you have issues with discipline and now your concious of this and your decisions self accountability will become natural. Once it is natural you will be able to close the gaps in other areas of your life. I did not cover external distractions such as family, friends and work. But, in short you need to learn to say No. If your friends are distracting you shut them down and go your own course. Become the leader pave your own way. One exercise you can practice in real time is when your in a group and if anyone says, "What do you want todo" be the person who leads with idea's. This will help with discipline and confidence. This makes you a stronger person. I know I have digressed but this is very good advice that has helped me that I have either read from books or through personal self development and experience.

Best,
ADHDME

The Following User Says Thank You to adhdme For This Useful Post:
TheGreatKing (09-09-17)
Old 09-09-17, 12:59 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhdme View Post
First, as a individual with ADD or ADHD you must admit to your self out loud that you have issues with self-discipline and or discipline in its entirety. Once you affirm this fact your informing your unconscious mind of this discipline gap. Now you have to understand that over the course of your day you will make 100's of decisions conciously and unconsiously. Now you must make your self aware of each decision even the decision of having to go to the bathroom, get a drink to water, watch television etc. Once you become aware that your making a decision literally every minute of your day you now need to understand how each decision can change the course of your entire day for example like not wanting to get out of bed which would ensure your not productive for the day. Once you affirm the fact you have issues with discipline and now your concious of this and your decisions self accountability will become natural. Once it is natural you will be able to close the gaps in other areas of your life. I did not cover external distractions such as family, friends and work. But, in short you need to learn to say No. If your friends are distracting you shut them down and go your own course. Become the leader pave your own way. One exercise you can practice in real time is when your in a group and if anyone says, "What do you want todo" be the person who leads with idea's. This will help with discipline and confidence. This makes you a stronger person. I know I have digressed but this is very good advice that has helped me that I have either read from books or through personal self development and experience.

Best,
ADHDME
that is really helpful! i will try it out.
adhdme (09-09-17)