ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-17, 05:19 PM

adhd2017 is on a distinguished road
Good to be here

I'm 45 - been struggling with ADHD most of my life but was diagnosed with it my late 30s. I jumped into the internet e-commerce consulting world pretty much after college right as the internet took off, so i had a crazy decade of lots of change and job hopping in a good way.

Then after becoming financially independent, getting married, losing my father, having 2 kids... i fell in to the Mr. Mom role for several years. Now I am struggling to find my place.

Tried all the different medications and therapy. Vyvanse was probably the most effective but blood pressure and heart rate became more of a risk than the benefits. Starting straterra soon.

Learned a lot in therapy - as much as I avoid structure, it is really what is best for me. Still trying to find what I want to do when I grow up. Hope to learn from this community what professions are best for a mind like mine. I can tell you, passive investing is not one of them.
The Following User Says Thank You to adhd2017 For This Useful Post:
TheGreatKing (09-13-17)
Old 09-13-17, 06:31 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,135 Times in 8,154 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Good to be here

Good to have you!
Old 09-13-17, 07:34 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

TheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to behold
Re: Good to be here

Welcome to the forum!