ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Strattera
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Strattera (Atomoxetine HCI)

Old 09-13-17, 08:55 PM

JustSomeKid is on a distinguished road
80mg having reverse effects?

So when I first started strattera (first and only adhd medication) I was brought up to 40mg over the course of a month. Once I was about a month on 40mg I noticed my focus was very improved and I was getting work done at a great pace. But I noticed my ability to comprehend what people say in places that are loud was still very poor (had this since before I was on the medication). My doctor said my ears/hearing were fine so me and my doctor assumed it had to do with adhd, so he bumped me up to 80mg.

This is when I started to notice my mood changes, I didn't feel like doing anything. I'd be way more quiet than I usually am because my brain felt very slow at processing. Now that I'm back in school, I notice the difference especially.

Before I was on on strattera, I felt like I had a lot of "focus" but I couldn't control where that focus would go. When I was on 40mg, I felt like I could control it and was able to do work and pay attention when I wanted to and needed to. Now that I'm on 80mg (~60 days), I feel like I have a lot less focus and it's even harder to control than before I was on medication. I feel like my brain is just too slow now.

Does this sound crazy? I'd like to know your opinion. Of course, I'll be discussing this with my doctor, but no one is perfect. That's why I'd like to hear other people's perspectives, opinions, and experiences.