ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Concerta
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Concerta (methylphenidate) Time released Ritalin - 10 hour long acting tablet.

Old 01-29-05, 05:19 AM

neverender is on a distinguished road
144 Mg Dose of Concerta at One Time

Please do not tell me I am an idiot or flame any other way in the reply. I know my actions were irresponsible, I do not need you telling me they are too.

I have never taken Concerta before in my life. Today I did. My girlfriend is diagnosed with ADHD and is perscribed 54 Mg a day. She also has an old perscription for 18 Mg. I thought it would be interesting to take these, as I like to experiment, so I did. I began my journey at 11:00 p.m. I chewed up the first 54 and 18 mg time release pill. I began to feel euphoric and abnormaly interested in the movie I was currently watching. I started to zone out and just be able to see the television. I also thought a lot during this time. About my life, other lives, what could have been, and what is. That lasted for about an hour, until i started to feel it wearing off. Foolishly I swallowed the remaining two pills, whole. I then got the feelings listed above back, and they dwindled after about an hour. Soon after that I felt very hyper-active. I could not close my eyes for an extened period of time and, I could not speak as fast as I was thinking, my heart was pounding, my mind was racing, I was also sweating pretty bad, and felt quite warm. This lasted till about 3:00 a.m. During this time I had trails float past my eyes when I waved my hand in front of my face. From then, until the current time, 4:11 a.m., I have been feeling slight stiffness in my fingers, toes, neck, and back, and jaw, with a slight chill. The trails have subsided for the most part at this time. Sleep is not an option for me right now. I also have a dull headache that comes and goes. Also, about every half hour I feel another rush of the medicine kicking in. That is my story up until the current time. I have not expierienced tics, or vomiting, or any signs of psychosis yet.

Basically, what I am wanting to know, is what should i expect within the next day, week, etc... Thank you for your help.
Old 01-29-05, 12:18 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Gregster has a spectacular aura aboutGregster has a spectacular aura about
In answer to your question - nothing.
Old 01-29-05, 12:54 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

chameleon has disabled reputation
How did you resist saying his **** would fall off Gregster??
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-05, 01:50 PM
Contributor

Chadwick has disabled reputation
I can't believe you deleted my post, how rude. How absolutely unthoughtful. I wanted to help this person rid their body of this poison (at that level), suggesting Vitamin C, orange juice, maybe a laxative to get the pill out quickly, you denied this person a potential way of getting out alive and in one piece from this deplorable action. I'm absolutely apalled at both the original poster's behavior and your behavior Greg. For shame. Such censorship is completely uncalled for. If I had been suggesting he snort 10 more pills, then maybe you'd have a leg to stand on. You could well have censured HIS post, but MINE? Sick to the core. Such poor judgment from an administrator of this forum. I hope for YOUR sake Greg this person makes it out of their predicament OK.
Old 01-29-05, 02:22 PM

Thank you Chadwick. It is 1:21 p.m. of the next day, and i feel fine. Just a slight tense feeling in my abdomen. Everything else is completely normal.
Old 01-29-05, 02:27 PM
Contributor

You of course know you're a complete and utter fool, no?
Old 01-29-05, 05:24 PM

Well I do realize what I did was irresponsible, and is something that I should and will never do again. If anyone could inform me of what could have happen, and what may still happen, I would greatly appricate it.
Old 01-29-05, 07:09 PM
Contributor

You've damaged at least your dopamine transporter/receptor system with such a high, sudden dose, and this will take some time to recover, but you should recover pretty much to 99.9% of where you were. Now, if you were to continue doing this, there'd be significant risk.
Old 01-30-05, 01:20 AM

I have made the decision to never do this again. I was being so irrational and just plain stupid. I once again would like to thank you for your help. I think that dopamine is the hormone in your brain that makes you happy, correct? If this is so, I do not think that it is damaged. Tonight I had a very enjoiable night, with many laughs. I guess i'm just lucky.
Old 01-30-05, 05:01 AM
Forum ADDvocate

I don't know what you're talking about Chad - I didn't delete anything. And I didn't see your post either - it wasn't there when I posted my reply.
There is not going to be any damage to this fellows "dopamine transporter system" - once the dosage clears his body - by the next day - he'll be fine, perhaps a bit tired and "burned out", but fine. The risk he took in taking a large dose is primarily to his heart - if he had any problems with the electrical signals to his heart, this size dose could cause a heart attack - and it has in otherwise healthy, fit people. Ever heard of someone dying from cocaine use? Well, methylphenidate is very similar to cocaine, and can cause the same troubles.
Old 02-08-05, 08:16 AM
Contributor

Sc@tterBr@in_UK has disabled reputation
This guy must have teeth of steel if he can "chew up" a Concerta pill!

[Diagnosed HFA/AS 'with considerable attentional dysfunction in December 2003]
Old 02-08-05, 11:49 AM
Forum ADDvocate

They are designed to be hard to chew up in order to prevent abuse and I'll bet the "propellant" that normally pushes the methylphenidate out of the capsule isn't very tasty.
Old 01-18-06, 02:43 AM

determinedzita has disabled reputation
Hi,
I too have experimented with the doses, I took 144mg one day at different times though, it didn't harm me at all, I am a person who it very tolerent to meds though, but I have decided not to do that again, 108 dose aday is good, but I wonder is it safe to take it all at one, or should I stay with the 72 in morning then 36 6 hours later, anyone got any suggestions.
Old 01-18-06, 11:48 AM

beancounter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by determinedzita
Hi,
......... 108 dose aday is good, but I wonder is it safe to take it all at one, or should I stay with the 72 in morning then 36 6 hours later, anyone got any suggestions.
My suggestion is to speak with your doctor. He/she is the one prescribing the meds and should be the one to tell you how to take them.
Old 01-19-06, 05:10 AM

nasnem is on a distinguished road
If I was neverender's girlfriend I would be upset that you used up $10 worth of my medicine!

Mousetrap. I wanted to play moustrap. You roll your dice, you move your mice. Nobody gets hurt. - Bob the tomato