ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-02, 08:20 PM

gchase will become famous soon enough
New from Massachusetts

Hello I am a mother of a 5 1/2 yr old boy who has ADD/ODD. He was just officially diognoised a couple of weeks ago. He is now on Tegregol, clonidine and Ritilan. When we started we tried Adderral and he got must worse. He has been kicked out of 2 sitters in a years time. He is very moody and becomes very aggressive. I never know what will set him off or how he will react to things. He will flip out sometimes when his father picks him up after work even if I have told him ahead of time. There are time when he is a complete angel and so sweet. The tegretol I was told will take several weeks to kick in, that should be right around the start of kindergarten. I just hope it is the right medication and we don't have to start all over again. We have tried all sorts of punishments and haven't found the right one
Gigi
Old 03-09-03, 09:29 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,074 Times in 579 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Hi gchase....hope you're still checking in at the ADD Forum...as alot has happened since you introduced yourself! Sounds to me like your son gets aggravated on stimulant meds. If you haven't talked to his doc about this already, you might want to consider a non-stimulant medication instead of the Ritalin. I'll be happy to provide you with names of some alternatives.

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 03-30-04, 10:40 AM
Contributor

bnsforu2 is on a distinguished road
hey massachusetts! saw you in the intro section.
Sponsored Links