ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > ADDiction & Substance Abuse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-18, 04:40 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,970 Times in 14,780 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Drinking to pass the time

I wanted to quote this again because I think its beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000koni View Post
I live in vodka country, and I would be hard pressed to come up with a list of people who don't drink and/or don't live with someone who does (or did). There are sometimes beautiful landscapes, melodies than you can almost hear, and ocassionally a deep sense of connection. But it's only sometimes, and then when you start spending time there yourself, or others, the colors start to fade and you can't make out the melodies, and even people with whom there are real connections, you cannot recognize them. Was it Homer who wrote about the Syrens that call and deceive? Really it is nothingness, emptiness, purposelessness that beckons. The belief come religion that if you can't do anything, at least you can destroy everything. I think for me, the ADD mind is so fraught with disruptive energies (emotions) that it is both very difficult to like (or accept) and simultaneously to manage them, so why not turn them off? And then, that illusion of being home. I have ventured into the vodka countryside on occassion, but I never felt good there. Of course, I still have this fantasy that if I could just turn off the energy control system, or slow it down, then I could get back to doing what I am supposed to.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 08-16-18, 05:42 PM
ADDvanced Member

BrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the rough
Re: Drinking to pass the time

Fraser how are you doing now? Have you gotten off the vodka? Drinking 1 liter a day long term is a fast way to ruin your liver..
You said you started drinking because of boredom, well start experimenting with different topics that may interest you. (Exercise, read a book or fan fiction, bowling, get a pet, meet your neighbors etc)
You do seem potentially anxious or depressed, try different meds.
See a counselor and see if you could do cbt or dbt individually...

Look up bucket list ideas and see what you can do now or what interests you. Maybe something you can plan for...

On Adderall for ADHD, lyrica for Fibromyalgia, lexapro and viibryd for depression and anxiety, cosentyx for psoriasis, cyclosporine for IC,