ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old Today, 10:04 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 10,296 Times in 4,574 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part III

A little rain, a little snow, and everyone is driving like a timid, shaking little leaf.

Have a reason, have a purpose, put down that damned phone, kick up the jams, and keep the revs high...so you can scoot your booty!

Ian
stef (Today)
Old Today, 10:37 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 24,643 Times in 12,144 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

I was actually getting some work done (it's strangely calm, as my boss has mostly been in meetings all day) - and the fire alarm goes off!

So, everyone milling around outside on the sidewalk. Nothing like a little unexpected mid-afternoon small talk
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (Today)
Old Today, 11:59 AM

aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

I just counted how many logins I have at work for various accounts and whatnot.

I can’t handle it any longer, so I am moving to using a password manager.

Should Have Done This a Long Time Ago,
Ian
stef (Today)
Sponsored Links
Old Today, 12:28 PM

Thanked 16,652 Times in 8,946 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

so I went through two days of brotherly hell, re-set, nothing the same, absolute heart attack feeling annoyance to find out I don't need a new battery, I can just keep it plugged in while he snorted, grumbled, and sounded like it was The End Of The World and mean.

Why do I even ask him?

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (Today), stef (Today)
Old Today, 12:40 PM
Mindful moderator

Thanked 4,827 Times in 2,071 Posts
Hermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant future

Was having a great afternoon with fellows at King's day, but then they decided to go to a party pub in a very busy street. Too much external stimuli, which led to me being oberstimulated quickly. Got myself out of the situation and left for home. I'm happy I allowed myself to get out of the situation. Now I feel tired and melancholic. But I can have more compassion with myself than I did before. I don't have to be someone that I'm not and be in situations that are unhealthy for me. To be able to see that is growth.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
aeon (Today), Lunacie (Today), stef (Today)
Old Today, 12:46 PM
Zen moderator

stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

153 ???
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (Today), Little Missy (Today)
Old Today, 12:51 PM

Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
153 ???
Its okay, back to the drawing board. Sherman, set the way back machine.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (Today)
Old Today, 12:57 PM
Zen moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Its okay, back to the drawing board. Sherman, set the way back machine.
Was that in Bullwinkle???
Peabody, was the dog, right?
Little Missy (Today)
Old Today, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Was that in Bullwinkle???
Peabody, was the dog, right?
Yes. I'm snickering here.

I have begun the Priming for my appt. But then, I still have to make another one to wig out over for the next 4 or 5 months. And what the hell IS that all about anyway?

It is cold pouring rain and the moment it gets a drop in temperature It Begins.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 02:09 PM

Thanked 22,669 Times in 10,448 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
oh me, oh my, oh me, oh my, there is a howling blizzard falling from the sky!
This is going to be the mother of all storms.
There's even a blizzard predicted for the Texas and Oklahoma panhandles.
Not completely unknown, but certainly unexpected at the end of April.
Meanwhile I flip the switch from furnace to AC so often I'm suprised it
hasn't worn out or broken ... *knock wood*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
A little rain, a little snow, and everyone is driving like a timid, shaking little leaf.

Have a reason, have a purpose, put down that damned phone, kick up the jams, and keep the revs high...so you can scoot your booty!
Ian
When the weather gets crappy I get careful, not timid. Around here, wet stuff
can become ice on the roadway very quickly.

Quote:
I was actually getting some work done (it's strangely calm, as my boss has mostly been in meetings all day) - and the fire alarm goes off!

So, everyone milling around outside on the sidewalk. Nothing like a little unexpected mid-afternoon small talk
Hope it was a false alarm. Was it?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
I just counted how many logins I have at work for various accounts and whatnot.

I can’t handle it any longer, so I am moving to using a password manager.

Should Have Done This a Long Time Ago,
Ian
Simplify!

aeon (Today)
Old Today, 02:12 PM

Quote:

No one will be able to resume after that. I know I couldn't.

stef (Today)
Old Today, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
When the weather gets crappy I get careful, not timid. Around here, wet stuff can become ice on the roadway very quickly.
I appreciate careful, and respect your choice. And for sure, when it hailed in Oklahoma, it was serious business.

37 in a 55 whilst on Facebook and drifting in lanes is not what I consider careful.

Respect,
Ian
Little Missy (Today), stef (Today)
Old Today, 04:22 PM
Zen moderator

Quote:
No one will be able to resume after that. I know I couldn't.
it was a drill, or a worker set something off in the wiring ( they are replacing the air conditioning)
haha no, i lost a good hour with all of that.

You all drive carefully today !
Little Missy (Today)
Old Today, 05:17 PM
Mindful moderator

Thanked 4,827 Times in 2,071 Posts
Hermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant future

To be honest the old fear is still there. Am I attractive enough? Will I find a woman that I find attractive and who I can enter a healthy relationship with? A fear that has driven me for the biggest part of my life. The feeling of being unattractive and not being able to find the person I want to be with and who is healthy to be with. But at least I start to accept that even being single forever, would be preferable to going back to the ways of the past in which I would settle for girls who I either wasn't even remotely attracted to, who were very unhealthy for me, or both.