ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD A forum to discuss Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Panic Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Simple Phobias, and Social Anxiety Disorder

Old 04-13-18, 04:01 AM

ZaptCO is on a distinguished road
Anything milder than Klonopin?

I'm hoping there's something milder than Klonopin that has anti-epileptic properties. I'm doing TMS treatments for horrendous and pretty much disabling depression. I have a license for medical mj but have stopped using it so it doesn't blunt (accidental pun, I swear!) the effectiveness of the TMS treatment. All I have is Klonopin but I'm so sensitive to it these days even 0.12 mg can mean the end of my day, and 15mg Adderall twice a day sometimes isn't enough to counteract the slide into zombie-mode.

Meanwhile I still have 2-4 anxiety attacks per 24 hours (PTSD and social anxiety anyone?)-- pretty much constant panic I suppose-- so it's fair to say I'm desperate. Also, it looks like I might be having some seizure activity (unrelated to medications) and want to try something that has anti-seizure properties like Klonopin does. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks!

(Oh, and I can't take anti-depressants, thanks to my feeble genetics.)
Old 04-13-18, 05:24 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,667 Times in 14,621 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anything milder than Klonopin?

Buspar takes a while to build up in your system...but it can become affective at manageing that day-to-day feeling of untethered anxiety. You have to be patient with it as its not an as needed drug.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 04-13-18, 05:40 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all
Re: Anything milder than Klonopin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaptCO View Post
All I have is Klonopin but I'm so sensitive to it these days even 0.12 mg can mean the end of my day)
That's a very low dose. How do you even manage to physically measure out that dose? Ativan is generally considered about half as strong as Klonopin for the same dose, so maybe you could ask your psych about trying that?
Sponsored Links