ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 06-23-04, 03:43 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Keppig has disabled reputation
ADDer had Isolation at work

I'm having a small problem at work. My office used to be two open spaces with 4 of us in the back room. I am friends to two of these co-workers. Well they change the office around. I'm in a cubical in the corner of the backroom (Same as before, minus the cubical wall), but my two friends were put in the front room. The two people left in the back room with me, don't talk to me. Yes I get work done, but I'm so lonely! I feel like I'm 8 hours alone and I hate it! Its especially hard after going to the convention, where I was in crowds of people for three days.

Now I know that being isolated does me I get more work done and less distraction makes me less frustrated at work. Maybe its a mental thing. I do hate being alone for I feel lonely too easily.

Last edited by Keppig; 08-17-04 at 08:16 PM..
Old 06-29-04, 09:11 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Keppig has disabled reputation
Funny thing. Its been two weeks and I find everyone going by me alot saying Hi to me! I guess I'm not the only one who misses the threesome (It the most work way please)
Old 06-29-04, 09:39 PM
Contributor

NightStar is on a distinguished road
I know how you feel, I work in an office totally alone, no co-workers, and no one comes to the office - just all day on phone with people (well least that keeps me busy).

Do you have to talk on the phone? If not you might try a walk-man or headphones for a radio to pass the day along.

Least the good part about my situation is if I hear a song I like I can sing all I want without embarassing myself.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-04, 05:25 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Energizer_Bunny is on a distinguished road
Kassie,

I understand how you feel. It could be that you are missing the stimulation that you get when others are around. I am relieved on days when my office mate is there, but then I end up missing her. It is kinda weird.

It is like the stimulation increases the endrophins in the brain and without stimulation well, we don't have that "feel good in our body" feeling.
Old 07-09-20, 03:02 AM
ADDvanced Member

Monox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura aboutMonox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura about
Re: Isolation at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStar View Post
Least the good part about my situation is if I hear a song I like I can sing all I want without embarassing myself.
No more than two years ago I would be embarrassed if I caught up sing loudly in my working room. However, now that I shutdown my personality, I purposely sing loudly to test whether my coworkers dare to call me out or not.
Little Missy (07-09-20)
Old 07-09-20, 04:54 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 23,408 Times in 12,486 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

I'll sing anywhere, at any time. Grocery stores are especially fun when other people chime in too.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Old 07-10-20, 05:14 PM
Forummarm

Thanked 8,281 Times in 2,608 Posts
Andi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond repute

Too funny, when I'm at the store, before masks naturally, if the store was playing a song I liked...lalalala I sang along, much to the chagrin of my kids.

Everything I write is fully substantiated by my personal opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Andi For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (07-10-20)
Old 07-14-20, 05:56 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,784 Times in 2,476 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

So sad. I saw this post and thought Kassie was back. But it's from 2004
Little Missy (07-14-20)