ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Other Creative Endeavors
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-15, 09:14 PM
ADDvanced Member

KentUnknown is just really niceKentUnknown is just really niceKentUnknown is just really niceKentUnknown is just really nice
Re: Any M:TG players? Come share your decks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
That'd be awesome, I'd love to know what he's packing .

Also, it's just like anything really. Everyone's got their own interests. lol for some this game is tediously mind numbingly boring...for others, it provides an almost infinite amount of excitement and thrills .

I find almost all sports to be incredibly dull and boring...and yet for many others, it's a big part of their lives.

We all tick in our own ways.

...But seriously.
You should get into magic. I mean...what is wrong with you!!

Ha! I don't think that's happening any time soon. This is where we are opposites, I love my sports! I live where the Jets of the NHL fly, and my favorite NFL team the New England Patriots just won the super bowl! The Super Bowl also came down to a goal line interception with 20 seconds left from a yard away, so, one of the craziest most exciting things I have ever watched :P

and oh my god, funniest thing ever, i have to post it, i know i should message it but i cant resist lol skip to 7:15 of this video there was this unbelievable catch to set teh seahawks up for that touchdown to win it, the reaction says it all. LOL

Last edited by Fortune; 03-19-15 at 06:27 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to KentUnknown For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (03-18-15)
Old 03-18-15, 09:17 PM
ADDvanced Member

KentUnknown is just really niceKentUnknown is just really niceKentUnknown is just really niceKentUnknown is just really nice

but carry on with Magic now I feel bad for posting about sports! :P
The Following User Says Thank You to KentUnknown For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (03-18-15)
Old 03-18-15, 10:43 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,891 Times in 7,899 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

haha that was an epic reaction

I'd be the guy sitting on the couch bored out of his mind wondering wtf the big deal was haha .

And you can post about whatever you want in my threads! lol...
Going off topic on a ADD forum?
It's to be expected! lol

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
amberwillow (10-07-15), KentUnknown (03-19-15)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-15, 10:32 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Played another 13 games with my mono blue tron deck online this morning.
Before I brag, I should point out that I've only been playing in the casual portion of the online game up till my last few games. I want to start out here until I start to get the hang of the deck and can pilot it a bit better.
I have been making it clear to my opponents that I'm packing a tron deck before each game though.

Anyhow, I played 10 games in the casual zone...won all 10 of the games. Some pretty fun shinangans took place, including a game where my opponent had 1 watery grave, 1 steam vents, 1 breeding pool and 2 overgrown tombs out. I dropped a sundering titan on and was able to destroy 4 of the 5 lands he had. His next turn he killed my titan (with a liliana of the veil)...and I was able to destroy his last (overgrown tomb) in play. :P
He was able to ultimate his veil a few turns later, but I had so much mana (to his 2 lands he had at that point) with an academy ruins, that it was only inevitable.

So after playing those 10 games and winning them all...I decided to go try my deck out in the tournament practice section of the online client. Here's where the real competition exists. This is where I'll start running into top tier decks.

The guy I was playing with was playing a green/white deck. I've not actually seen this deck before...but it was a pretty neat deck! It ran tons of mana accel (in the form of birds of paradise and wall of roots mainly), a bit of draw and just a bunch of cool creatures with comes into play effects (eternal witnesses, wall of omens, reclamation sage...etc.).
Then he used restoration angels to really get full use out of his creatures.

That coupled with some creature removal...and it was a nice deck.

Anyhow, game 1 was pretty uneventful. A turn 4 sundering titan destroying most of his land base pushed him into conceding and heading to game 2.

Game 2 was a lot of fun...and he had me on the ropes just about the entire game. I was never close to being able to hit the 3 urza lands I needed...and it didn't help that he had a tectonic edge in play.
I really didn't do much that game but sit back and twiddle my thumbs haha. I had no counterspells in hand either.

Then he completely surprised me on his final turn. He cast a chord of calling for 5...and I wasn't sure exactly what he was going to pull out.
Well...it ended up being kiki-jiki! haha, did NOT see that coming! Not from a straight green/white deck!
He had a restoration angel in play, so I conceded the game to head to game 3 (of the best of 3 match).

This game went long!
And I made some major mistakes during this game. I truly have a long ways to go before I really master this deck.

It pretty much came down to me taking quite a bit of time to piece together my urza lands...but I did have quite a bit of card draw and countermagic, so I was more then okay letting the game turn into a long grindy game. I do well in grindy games.

I was able to counter some very key plays of his...including 2 restoration angels.
But then I made huge misplay.
I cast a thirst for knowledge drawing 3 cards...I ended up drawing a urza land (which at that point I no longer needed), a mindslaver and an academy ruins. I was dumb, and really nervous my opponent was holding some crazy in his hand...so I chose to discard the 2 lands and play my mindslaver to take his next turn for him.
In retrospect I should've discarded the mindslaver keeping and playing my academy ruins...then bringing my slaver back to the top of my deck to be drawn on my next turn. I would've had the lock (had something like 20 mana available to me at that point in the game) and would've been able to win the game right then and there.
Pretty big misplay on my part.

Instead, the game drug out for a very long time haha. It came down to top decking...we each had no cards in hand.
He top decked into a restoration angel...which made it very scary for me, cause all he'd need at that point was to top deck his kiki-jiki, or a chord of calling to fetch the kiki out of his deck and he'd have the game.

But then a turn or 2 later I top decked into a treasure mage which I was able to use to go get a platinum angel.
I also had a counterspell in hand at that point (and I think 24 mana from lands/talismans available to me at that point).

Couple turns later...he draws into his kiki-jiki which he plays...I had a counterspell waiting for him though (a delay). At the end of his turn I cyclonic rifted everything he had in play back to his hand (well, besides his lands).
His following turn he was able to draw a ton of cards and kill my platinum angel. Luckly I had plenty of life yet and was in no immediate threat of dieing outside of his kiki combo.

Then on my turn I drew an expedition map...which I was able to use to go and fetch my last academy ruins.
I passed my turn, my opponent drew his card...and then he conceded. He'd be unable to kill me that turn and I'd be able to use my academy ruin to take my mindslaver from my graveyard and put it back on top of my library so that I'd draw it my following turn. I'd then be able to repeat this every round...so that my opponent would never have a chance control any of his future turns. Locking him out of the game.

It was such an epic game though!
lol we were both playing insane decks capable of insane plays and both packing instant win combos (well not technically instant...but you know what I mean).

It really took a lot of concentration. Tons of math and keeping track of things as well.

This deck is doing exactly has I hoped it'd do for me...and that's that it'd just be a fun, yet competitive deck for me to play in the modern format. The last deck I was running (green/black birthing pod) was the funnest deck I've ever played in this game...I was heart broken when they banned the key card in the deck, rending the deck unplayable at a highly competitive level.
Well this mono blue tron deck is just incredible! It very well may end up being my new favorite deck I've ever ran. It does everything I want a deck to do really. This deck fits me like a well worn glove and I'm loving it!

So far I've got 23 games with this deck under my belt. I've won 21 of those games, so I'm 21-2.
I think I'm going to strictly start playing in the tournament practice section of the online client from here on out...though I don't have a sideboard built online yet, so I'm at a huge disadvantage. But my win percentage will start to shoot down as I play other highly competitive decks piloted by skilled players. This is where I'll start learning how to play this deck.
Eventually I'll probably start playing this deck online for some money (you can play online where you take on a random opponent in a best of 3 match. It costs $2 to play for each player...and who ever wins gets 1 booster pack (with a value of $4). The loser of the match is out his $2).

-------
Anyhow, there's my blog entry for the morning on my current obsession xP.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 04-18-15, 06:36 AM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 13,317 Times in 5,400 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute

Psycho,

Saw thus article and thought of you:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2015/...tors-saved-it?

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
Old 04-18-15, 08:19 PM
I eat shades of red.

Thanked 22,202 Times in 9,398 Posts
Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond repute

@TygerSan

That article is really interesting to me. Back in 1994-1995 I was on WotC's Magic mailing list, and there was a lot of discussion about how the Legends expansion had an extremely limited run, and how the next expansion - I think Ice Age - should have a larger run so people would have a better chance to get the rare cards. Ice Age did get a larger run, to the point that I think some people thought it was too large, but I think it kept a lot of people involved over a longer period of time because the bar to get good cards wasn't so high. The supply was greater thus meaning more chances to get the good rare cards plus the demand was still much the same, meaning lower prices for selling the rare cards.

Like, I think I was at least witness to the public side of the discussions described in the article. Cool.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fortune For This Useful Post:
TygerSan (04-19-15)
Old 06-05-15, 04:04 AM

I have a dream of owning a playset (4x) of each fetchland, and each shockland.

...over the last few months I've made huge strides in making that dream come true. I've been buying other people's collections and trading what I get for these lands.
So far I have a complete playset of all the ally fetchlands and shocklands, and I'm only 5 enemy shocklands away from completing a playset of them as well!

It's been a hell of a lot of fun collecting these and I'm dang proud of them!
I'm waiting for a reprint of the enemy shocklands before I start working on those.

Here's what I have so far

FETCHLANDS:

4x Flooded Strand
4x Polluted Delta
4x Bloodstained Mire
4x Wooded Foothills
4x Windswept Heath

SHOCKLANDS:
4x Hallowed Fountain
4x Watery Grave
4x Blood Crypt
4x Stomping Ground
4x Temple Garden
2x Godless Shrine
1x Steam Vents
4x Verdant Catacombs
4x Sacred Foundry
4x Breeding Pool

Dang I'm proud of my ever growing collection!
I've also tweaked the heck out of my Mono Blue Tron deck and have it just about where I like it. I have the same deck card for card on mtgo so I've been grinding it out against all the top decks trying to learn it inside and out.

Oh...and I also played a modern masters 2 draft when mm2 came out late last month...I didn't do so well (won 2 rounds, lost 2 rounds) but I did pull a Bitterblossom and a Ulamog out of the 3 packs I opened! It was pretty awesome (though not as awesome as the guy who opened a goyf and a foily Leyline Of Sanctity out of a pack he'd won. haha I was SO happy for him! What a freaking pack! xP

Anyhow...I freaking love this game. I can't soak up enough of it.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 06-05-15, 05:07 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,861 Times in 1,181 Posts
Pilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abi View Post
What on earth is this???
Looks long.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pilgrim For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (06-05-15)
Old 06-05-15, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Looks long.
haha I have to release my excitement somewhere

These forums have pretty much become a blog to me

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 10-06-15, 11:41 PM

Just shipped out 18 more cards on Pucatrade.com today...will recieve a bit over $100 for them.
I've now shipped out over 200 cards with a value of about $1,200 and have received over 800 with a value of around $1,250 through puca in the last 8 or so months. I can't believe how much puca has transformed the way I'm able to enjoy this game (by allowing me to trade so easily and cheaply with people around the world).

I'm just 5 lands away from having a playset of the new Battle For Zendikar dual lands. I'm not super excited about this dual land cycle, but I seem to be more excited about them than most are.
They are MUCH weaker than shock lands...sure...but honestly, I'm just thrilled I've got new toys to play with, with my fetchlands. Wizards could print something like:

Tap Underground Sea
Land -- Island Swamp
(T: Add U or B to your mana pool.)
Tap Underground Sea comes into play tapped.

And I would've been excited. The fact that these BFZ duals have a chance to come into play untapped is just awesome.

Anyhow, the only 5 I need now are 4x Smoldering Marsh and 1 more Canopy Vista.

I'm also going to use my puca points to pick up the remaining 3x Lumbering Falls and 3x Shambling Vents that I need.

So I'm excited I love collecting lands. For whatever reason, they're my favorite cards to collect in this game.

I've also been loving Battle For Zendikar.
When the full spoiler went up several weeks ago...I was very disapointed. Outside of the lands...there just wasn't anything there for me. I'm a modern and commander player with very little interest in standard...and BFZ just has so little for me to get excited about for modern or commander.

But I went to the midnight pre-release just for the funs...and man, I had a blast opening the packs!
The tiny chance to open an expedition, and the full art basic in every pack...just made opening the packs fun. With my winnings from the tournament I was able to open 10 packs that night...and I was hooked! lol

Plus it turned out to be a hell of a fun limited set.
So I went back to draft it on release day last friday and also picked up a box. haha I was so addicted, that I went back yet again on saturday to buy yet another box of it and to draft yet again.

My first box was awesome...I pulled all sorts of nice things (no expeditions). The rares and mythics from the box had a value of well over $150 (paid $115 for the box at my local gaming shop that holds all the tournaments).
The other box was a MAJOR stinker though. The only thing of note I pulled from it was an Ulamog. In total it's value was less than $60. lol I'm kinda sad about it...worst box I've ever opened...but than again, I had a lot of fun and it is a gamble. You win some, you lose some.

But friday and saturday's drafts were amazing! I LOVE drafting this set! There's just so freaking many different decks you can build within this set. Aggro, control, landfall, allies, awaken, devoid, life gain, flyers...I mean...there's just so many options!! It's freaking awesome, and they can all work if you pull the right cards.

In Friday's draft, my first pack had a Guardian Of Tazeem in it. Bomb AND reusable pseudo removal on a 4/4 flying beat stick...for 5 cmc??? YES PLEASE!
And then I just continued to get passed tons of awesome blue and white flyers! I couldn't hardly believe it lol.
I ended up drafting a blue/white flyers deck...had 12 flyers in it with a perfect curve. I had flyers at 1cmc through 7cmc (Emeria Shepherd) but mainly at 2 and 3cmc. Add in a handful of removal spells, and my deck freaking rocked.
I ended up winning all 3 rounds of that tournament. Each round consists of best of 3 games vs. your opponent...and in rounds 1 and 2 I went undefeated. But then round 3 came and I was pitted against a girl who was also undefeated that night...and she stomped the heck out of me game 1. She curved out perfectly...turn after turn. It was pretty sick and the game was over very quickly.
But I made a comeback! Took her down games 2 and 3 for the win .

The next night's draft was equally as fun.
My first pack had a Dust Stalker in it. But...it also had a foil full art swamp in it as well. /sigh...lol, I SOOOOOOOO wanted that freaking swamp! I was SO tempted to just take it. But dang it...I took the Dust Stalker.
And in the end I'm so glad I did! I was being passed everything I needed for a kick a** devoid deck! 2x Forerunner Of Slaughter, 2x Nettle Drone, 2x Kozilek's Sentinals and a couple of Swarm Surges...and my deck was awesome! Add in a bunch of burn (2x Outnumber, 2x Stonefury and even a Rolling Thunder) and it was great!
By far the MVP of the deck was Swarm Surge, followed very closely by Nettle Drone. Surge was a beast though! Giving my army of critters +2 attack AND first strike was just nuts!

I won that tournament too . I thought for sure I was going to lose in the final round though. I was playing a guy who had gone undefeated that night...and in game 1, I found out why. He was playing blue/white awaken fliers and it was pretty bonkers haha. He just completely dominated me the entire game in game 1. It didn't help that I drew into 4 or 5 lands in the mid-late game (grrrr!).
The next 2 games were insanely tense. I loved playing against the guy, cause he took the game so freaking serious and was deeply concentrating and just very serious. I love that! I'm the same lol.
I just barely squeezed out the victory in game 2. Nettle Drone did a TON of work for me that game.
Game 3 was crazy. We were both hitting everything we needed to hit and curving out perfectly early game. He had a slight advantage over though as he had a couple of flyers I couldn't block.
And then it was a back a forth kind of thing for us there for awhile...swinging and blocking.
On my final turn, I was down to 2 life, while he had 2 blockers and 9 life. He also had 3 flyers (tapped from attacking me on his last turn)...each of which were lethal on his next turn on their own.
But he had no cards in hand, and I top decked a removal spell to kill off one of his 2 blockers, and then I went to cast Swarm Surge, which was just barely enough to push through enough damage to take him out.
It was pretty intense.

I enjoyed deck so much that I decided to turn it into a budget standard deck (with all the rest of the cards I pulled from all the boosters I've opened).

Here's where it's at:

STD R/B BUDGET DEVOID (60):

CREATURES (24):
4x Sludge Crawler
4x Forerunner Of Slaughter
2x Kozilek's Sentinals
4x Nettle Drone
4x Dominator Drone
2x Vile Aggregate
4x Dust Stalker

ENCHANTMENTS (2):
2x Molten Nursery

SORCERIES (10):
4x Touch Of The Void
4x Swarm Surge
2x Transgress The Mind

LANDS (24):
4x Bloodstained Mire
1x Blighted Fen
1x Blighted Gorge
2x Looming Spire
10x Swamp
6x Mountain

Every spell in the deck is devoid lol. Is it super powerful? Heck no. But it looks fun as heck and I really think I should be able to hold my own with it...put up a good fight at my local FNM's.
Also, by removing the 4 bloodstained mires (maybe replace with +2x Evolving Wilds, +1x Blighted Fen and +1x Looming Spire), you can purchase this deck for less than $13 online.

So anyhow...yeah...lol the last couple of weeks have been a blur to me. I've been completely obsessed with mtg lately.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-07-15)
Old 10-07-15, 04:22 AM
Well Modulated Moderator

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,197 Posts
amberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant future

I just thought I'd break in here to ask: Does anyone else get this little tingle of excitment when they see Wizards of the Sword Coast or Black Isle in print? No... Only me?

As you were, people... Move along. :P
psychopathetic (10-07-15)
Old 04-11-16, 12:00 PM
Jr Member

Windhelm is on a distinguished road

My boyfriend is just teaching me how to play MTG and my only thought was: why the heck hadn't I started sooner?!

It is so fun! I am still in a rookie though, learning the ropes. I am a little afraid playing with his decks, since some of the cards are worth SO much (he's been into MTG for years). We got a few little cheapie newbie decks so I don't have to worry quite so much, even if all the cards are protected in sleeves.