ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-19, 11:52 AM
Forummarm

Thanked 8,161 Times in 2,562 Posts
Andi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond repute
Shows you wish wouldn't go...

So I remember when Gilmore Girls and Friends ended. I enjoyed the banter and flow so much, there are times I still watch re-runs today but I miss them. Now? It took me so long to get into Big Bang. Now I'm hooked. It's another family of friends that I enjoy watching. I try not to watch much TV but there are some things that just make you feel good and are really entertaining. I'm fearful that my British version of Sherlock will go poof. I'm in limbo right now because there are no new episodes on Netflix. Benedict Cumberbatch is one of the best Sherlocks I've ever seen. There have been some Fargo's that I wish could have stuck around.

There are some shows that have been rebooted that I just don't...they should have left it canceled. The Conners without Roseanne is just...meh. I don't care for her much but as Roseanne Conner with good writing, she's a hoot. But the writing this time wasn't as good either. I'm afraid with what few shows I watch to escape a rough day...they're dwindling and I'm afraid I'll be stuck in a world of reruns.

Everything I write is fully substantiated by my personal opinion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andi For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (01-31-19), stef (02-01-19)
Old 01-31-19, 12:27 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,499 Times in 12,370 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shows you wish wouldn't go...

Benedict Cumberbatch was good as Sherlock, but I couldn't get into the actor
who played Watson. And Benedict sucked as Khan in Star Trek: Beyond.

I'm going to miss Big Bang sooooo much. Jim Parsons is playing a lawyer in a
new movie, what a complete turn around in character. Curious to see that.

I hope Grey's Anatomy will last forever.

My daughter thought I'd like Stranger Things, but I couldn't get into it.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Andi (01-31-19)
Old 02-01-19, 07:05 AM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 13,319 Times in 5,401 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute

I seem to be somewhat in the minority with my opinions, but I’ve found the Marvel stuff on Netflix to be a good escape and I’m sad they’ve parted ways.

It’s been ages since I’ve watched regular tv and we don’t have cable, so almost everything we do watch is Netflix or Amazon.

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
The Following User Says Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
Andi (02-01-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-19, 10:00 AM

Thanked 21,786 Times in 11,687 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Farscape

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Old 02-01-19, 11:07 AM

Thanked 4,102 Times in 2,118 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

I used to like Buffy the Vampire Slayer enough that I would specifically choose to go into work at 10 am instead of 9 am just so I could watch it (my job didn't have set hours and others came in at 10 am too).

Desperate Housewives I couldn't wait for the next week either to see what happens. Friends was never a continuous story plot so I wasn't dying for the next episode but I did love it.

These days, Supergirl is really the only show I like a lot and even then it doesn't compare to shows in the past for me.

I've moved on to a new medium though. I absolutely love virtual reality. I was sitting in the movie theatre watching aquaman and all I could think of was that the movie was beautiful. But I could be at home playing subnautica where I could actually be in the water myself swimming through the gorgeous scenery and I could actually be the hero of the story. Instead of sitting here watching a screen (even though it was a 3d screen) and watching someone else play the hero.
The Following User Says Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
Andi (02-01-19)