ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-15, 10:00 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,772 Times in 11,681 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What are you eating now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserbeak View Post
1/2 of a cheese danish, but I'm going to make a sandwich (which is probably a million Calories) out of a croissant, eggs, sausage, bacon and cheese.
oh...that sounds SO good!

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Old 01-08-15, 02:42 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,793 Times in 8,904 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
I didn't know what Kimchi or Kombucha was.

Google told me kimchi is a fermented Korean side dish made of vegetables.

I'm not feeling so well.

Think I'll have an order of what Rebel's having instead...

I hear ya'. And everyone else who sneers their noses up at it. Repeatedly. And Often. Like broken records. I live with, and help care for, mostly haterz of the healthier stuff, so I'm more used to it than I'd like to be.

Meanwhile, I'm sipping on an afternoon smoothie/lunch with organic greens, frozen bananas, flax seed, crushed ice, filtered water, cardamom, and coconut milk. *Cheers!*

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
phantasm (01-09-15), psychopathetic (01-08-15)
Old 01-08-15, 02:48 PM

Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Cobb Salad. Again.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-15, 03:09 PM

Thanked 34,205 Times in 15,480 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

a pineapple spinach juice and leftovers of this winter grain/apple/cauliflower/nut salad thing we made last night.
Old 01-08-15, 05:36 PM
Contributor

michaelaisabell has a spectacular aura aboutmichaelaisabell has a spectacular aura about

I'm eating ramen noodles, with leftover steak, and red chili powder.
The Following User Says Thank You to michaelaisabell For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (01-08-15)
Old 01-11-15, 12:17 AM

Thanked 2,284 Times in 1,126 Posts
phantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant future

meatball sandwich made by my 7 year old daughter - assisted by my husband.

There are no limits to what you can accomplish when you are suppose to be doing something else.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phantasm For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (01-11-15), psychopathetic (01-11-15)
Old 01-11-15, 01:28 AM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,906 Times in 9,305 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantasm View Post
meatball sandwich made by my 7 year old daughter - assisted by my husband.
Awwww! That made me so happy to read
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BellaVita For This Useful Post:
phantasm (01-11-15), psychopathetic (01-11-15)
Old 01-11-15, 02:01 AM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,792 Times in 7,609 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been moving all day and missed meals.

Just had a giant cheeseburger, a hot dog, potato chips and 3 huge donuts. A food celebration because moving sucks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-11-15), psychopathetic (01-11-15)
Old 01-11-15, 07:36 AM

apple and a banana

The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (01-11-15)
Old 01-11-15, 08:39 AM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,906 Times in 9,305 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute

Cinnamon toast crunch plain with a spoon
The Following User Says Thank You to BellaVita For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (01-11-15)
Old 01-12-15, 10:28 AM

Thanked 1,549 Times in 931 Posts
Laserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to behold

Last night I made some braised beef short ribs in a pressure cooker — it was amazing! I just took two handfuls of shallots and some garlic and peeled and roughly chopped them, and fried them in some olive oil in a large pressure cooker. I removed them when browned, and put in about 5 pounds prime beef short ribs rubbed with sea salt and tellicherry black pepper, cut across the bone in half and fried until brown. I added a package of peeled baby carrots, and stirred a bit more adding some fresh rosemary, thyme, sage, etc.

Then, I removed everything from the pot and placed the bottom grille in it to keep the food from being in contact the bottom and the intense heat, put back everything, and poured a large box of veal and.or beef stock, a small can of tomato paste, a couple of bat leaves, and a bottle of red wine and stirred until simmering.

I then placed the top on the pressure cooker and adjusted properly and brought up to 15 psi pressure, then cooked for about an hour. I then put the cooker in the sink and poured cold water over it to stop cooking immediately and bring down the pressure. Once the automatic pressure lock disengaged, I removed the top and removed the meat and vegetables to a colander over a bowl. Discard bones, if desired (meat should be falling off the bone).

Then, using a defatter, I separated most of the fat from the liquid and discarded. I placed the defatted sauce back in the pan, reduced by about 1/3 - 1/2, added some gravy flour, and whisked over medium-high heat until thick.

Serve meat and carrots with mashed potatoes, cooked separate, and cover with gravy.

She was told that it was. There was just a moment of silence before
the woman proceeded bravely on. "Well, I'm wondering, then, how serious my
condition is. This prescription is marked `NO REFILLS'".

Last edited by Laserbeak; 01-12-15 at 10:45 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laserbeak For This Useful Post:
phantasm (01-12-15), psychopathetic (01-12-15)
Old 01-12-15, 11:35 AM

Thanked 1,549 Times in 931 Posts
Laserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to behold

Bat leaves? Of course I meant Bay leaves.

She was told that it was. There was just a moment of silence before
the woman proceeded bravely on. "Well, I'm wondering, then, how serious my
condition is. This prescription is marked `NO REFILLS'".
Old 01-12-15, 05:24 PM

Thanked 2,284 Times in 1,126 Posts
phantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant futurephantasm has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserbeak View Post
Last night I made some braised beef short ribs in a pressure cooker it was amazing! I just took two handfuls of shallots and some garlic and peeled and roughly chopped them, and fried them in some olive oil in a large pressure cooker. I removed them when browned, and put in about 5 pounds prime beef short ribs rubbed with sea salt and tellicherry black pepper, cut across the bone in half and fried until brown. I added a package of peeled baby carrots, and stirred a bit more adding some fresh rosemary, thyme, sage, etc.

Then, I removed everything from the pot and placed the bottom grille in it to keep the food from being in contact the bottom and the intense heat, put back everything, and poured a large box of veal and.or beef stock, a small can of tomato paste, a couple of bat leaves, and a bottle of red wine and stirred until simmering.

I then placed the top on the pressure cooker and adjusted properly and brought up to 15 psi pressure, then cooked for about an hour. I then put the cooker in the sink and poured cold water over it to stop cooking immediately and bring down the pressure. Once the automatic pressure lock disengaged, I removed the top and removed the meat and vegetables to a colander over a bowl. Discard bones, if desired (meat should be falling off the bone).

Then, using a defatter, I separated most of the fat from the liquid and discarded. I placed the defatted sauce back in the pan, reduced by about 1/3 - 1/2, added some gravy flour, and whisked over medium-high heat until thick.

Serve meat and carrots with mashed potatoes, cooked separate, and cover with gravy.
Say what?? Save the leftovers, I will be right there!!

There are no limits to what you can accomplish when you are suppose to be doing something else.
The Following User Says Thank You to phantasm For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (01-12-15)
Old 01-12-15, 06:30 PM

What time should we be there?

Old 01-12-15, 07:50 PM

Thanked 27,267 Times in 13,229 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Popcorn
my best friend gave me a bag to microwave
ok back to work