ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Sensory
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-16, 02:54 AM

Noitartst is on a distinguished road
Dealing With Loss of Sexual Libido

(This is the most appropriate forum I could find; I checked.)

I'm 37, in excellent health, and have had a decrease in my sex drive; what are the odds it it too much masturbation?
Old 05-31-16, 07:34 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,580 Times in 14,077 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dealing With Loss of Sexual Libido

As far as I know masturbation doesn't cause a loss in libido. Are you taking any medication? Could they be causing changes in your sex drive? Also, based on your other thread, it sounds like you've been under a lot of stress recently, which could be causing the loss of libido.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-31-16), Socaljaxs (05-31-16)
Old 05-31-16, 08:10 AM
ADDvanced Member

bluejay14 is a name known to allbluejay14 is a name known to allbluejay14 is a name known to allbluejay14 is a name known to allbluejay14 is a name known to allbluejay14 is a name known to all

I would say if you're still masturbating then you haven't really lost your libido? Just that for whatever reason you're choosing to go solo. Loss of libido to me would imply loss of interest in any sexual activity, including masturbation.
I guess if you're masturbating regularly there is maybe less physical motivation to have sex with another person, but sexual desire/behaviour usually more complicated than that. There are so many factors that can disrupt things - stress, anxiety, the nature of relationship, self-esteem, medication, physical health... just to name a few.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bluejay14 For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-31-16), Fuzzy12 (05-31-16), Laserbeak (06-02-16), Socaljaxs (05-31-16)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-16, 09:31 PM

No, no change libido, and my masturbation habits have been the same for years.

I've been far more stressed, and yet erect; I think I've eye flirted with less women over the last couple years, and that's big part. zzthere when unwanted, gone when I take it as a given.
Old 06-01-16, 03:48 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,827 Times in 825 Posts
Impromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitartst View Post
(This is the most appropriate forum I could find; I checked.)

I'm 37, in excellent health, and have had a decrease in my sex drive; what are the odds it it too much masturbation?
well that depends on how much you are masturbating. The general answer to this is like.. "no amount of masturbating is too much", but if you have an erection for longer than 4 hours.. (on ANY medication, so i imagine the same should be considerable w/o being on medication), thats a problem that men are advised to cool it, or go to their dr. It can cause damage to nerves and various structures of the penis. This shouldnt affect your drive though.. but if your masturbating for like.. 12 - 16 hours per day.. i imagine there would be a definite negative impact on your libido. nothin that a break couldnt solve though - lol

Of course, this is excluding medication, diet, exersize, and stress reasons.
Old 06-09-16, 12:11 AM

Well, my drive has just diminished, for whatever reasons. Not too long ago, I'd be masturbating 2 to four days a week, but now, it's harder to masturbate, and I less often get erections on the street, and when I do, they're weaker, than in the past.
Old 06-09-16, 01:12 AM

bryanrc51 is on a distinguished road

Could be as simple as you are getting older so hormone levels went down a little thus causing the loss of desire.
The Following User Says Thank You to bryanrc51 For This Useful Post:
namazu (06-12-16)
Old 06-12-16, 01:13 AM

Indeed; I was wondering how common this was, for men in their late thirties, to feel a decrease in libido. I'm not the most active, but it's been very evident to me in the last two years.

s stimulating libido just like exercise?