ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-18, 10:34 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,787 Times in 7,606 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
Wish I had more true tight knit friends right now
I hear ya.
Old 10-06-18, 06:29 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,894 Times in 15,250 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Ok well I have been having severe pain in my shoulder and hip. When I get up after sitting for awhile I waddle for a few minutes. And I cant reach with my right arm which affects putting on my bra, seatbelt and anything other than right in front of me. I went for my physical and the doctor said these are the two issues:
iotibial band bursititis
deltoid tendonitis

The bursititis is in reference to my hip and the tendontitis could also be a tear.
That day I happened to be seeing the pain management doctor about my hands and he said my primary nailed it. I have to get xrays(which wont show muscle issues but whatever) and maybe an MRI depending on what the results are. He had no problem continuing my medication but he is leaning towards shots in the joints which I assume are cortizone. If you have never had cortizone injections then you do not know how painful they are. I get them in my thumb joints. I do not look forward to this but if it has to be done to feel better than so be it. He also wants me to see a different rheumatologist because the one I did see sort of let me be on my own because when I would be in her office I wouldnt have the issues I have so it would seem like I manage things just fine. I am worried about seeing a new one. What if my blood work doesnt pan out again? The first round of blood work didnt show certain things and the second round did. I certainly do not want her to say "oops you do not have sjogren's" because my blood work isnt a good indicator the day I have it done. At the same time I do not want to be diagnosed with stuff I do not have. I am starting to feel really guilty that at age 43 I have all this stuff going on. What the hell did my husband marry into?

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (10-06-18), Emre22 (10-06-18), psychopathetic (10-06-18)
Old 10-06-18, 07:11 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,891 Times in 7,899 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

OH NO!!!
But how is we supposed to e-(((hug))) when your shoulders are messed up!?

OH!!! I KNOW!!!
We can super duper reverse backwards upsidedown non-shoulder-hurting hug-)))e(((!!

))))))))))))))SWEETS((((((((((((((

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-18, 07:23 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,101 Times in 2,117 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Ok well I have been having severe pain in my shoulder and hip. When I get up after sitting for awhile I waddle for a few minutes. And I cant reach with my right arm which affects putting on my bra, seatbelt and anything other than right in front of me. I went for my physical and the doctor said these are the two issues:
iotibial band bursititis
deltoid tendonitis
I just found out I have bursitis in the shoulder as well. I'm surprised they didn't have you try anti-inflammatories first before thinking of cortisone shots though maybe yours is worse than mine.

I think I'll just not get the cortisone shots no matter what now based on your post and the pain you mention. Hopefully the anti-inflammatories work for me. Sorry your pain is so bad that you would prefer the shot.
The Following User Says Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (10-06-18)
Old 10-06-18, 07:33 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

))))))))))))))ACDCs((((((((((((((

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 10-06-18, 08:32 AM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

Hope everyone is okay, it is weekend going to repeat this week's lessons>
but first i need to chill a little
Old 10-06-18, 08:41 AM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

Hope everyone is okay, it is weekend going to repeat this week's lessons>
but first i need to chill a little
Old 10-06-18, 09:02 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,894 Times in 15,250 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Emre- I cant take any NSAIDS due to other medical conditions.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (10-06-18)
Old 10-06-18, 09:22 AM
Committee Member

Quote:
Emre- I cant take any NSAIDS due to other medical conditions.
Ahh sorry to hear that Sarah, is it very critical for you to use NSAIDS?
Old 10-06-18, 10:47 AM

Thanked 11,297 Times in 6,021 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Why its so hard to get straight answers from people,have people help you or even play matchmaker..its like no one cares everyone just seems like they want to pass the buck anymore?? I fail to understand is it just me or is the world n people becoming even more uncaring n uncompassionate??
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
lisariver (10-06-18), Little Missy (10-06-18)
Old 10-06-18, 10:55 AM

Thanked 34,205 Times in 15,480 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

everything
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (10-06-18), lisariver (10-06-18), Little Missy (10-06-18), namazu (10-06-18), Rebelyell (10-06-18)
Old 10-06-18, 12:39 PM

Thanked 26,486 Times in 12,362 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
iotibial band bursititis
deltoid tendonitis

The bursititis is in reference to my hip and the tendontitis could also be a tear.
That day I happened to be seeing the pain management doctor about my hands and he said my primary nailed it. I have to get xrays(which wont show muscle issues but whatever) and maybe an MRI depending on what the results are. He had no problem continuing my medication but he is leaning towards shots in the joints which I assume are cortizone. If you have never had cortizone injections then you do not know how painful they are. I get them in my thumb joints. I do not look forward to this but if it has to be done to feel better than so be it. He also wants me to see a different rheumatologist because the one I did see sort of let me be on my own because when I would be in her office I wouldnt have the issues I have so it would seem like I manage things just fine. I am worried about seeing a new one. What if my blood work doesnt pan out again? The first round of blood work didnt show certain things and the second round did. I certainly do not want her to say "oops you do not have sjogren's" because my blood work isnt a good indicator the day I have it done. At the same time I do not want to be diagnosed with stuff I do not have. I am starting to feel really guilty that at age 43 I have all this stuff going on. What the hell did my husband marry into?
OMG girl, you're too young to have all these body parts causing so much pain.

When I broke my upper arm, right side, several years ago, I had to skip
wearing a bra entirely for awhile. I don't remember how long. Had to wear
a muumuu because I couldn't pull on my jeans, or get out of them to go to
the bathroom quick enough.

Eventually I put my bra on backwards and fastened it, turned it around the
right way with my left arm, got the strap over my right arm, and then the left.
After some months of that I went shopping online for a front hook bra.
I love them.

Even further back than that I got a lot of pain in my elbow, what they call
tennis elbow, although I wasn't playing tennis. The doc gave me a shot of
cortisone in the elbow, didn't hurt too badly, no pain there since then.

After the MRI showed not just the ruptured disk in my lower back, but also
DDD (degenerative disk disease) I was referred to a pain clinic where I got
two shots of cortisone, one on each side of my spine. The shots reduced the
inflammation and for the first time years I could roll over in bed easily. Now,
those shots did hurt, but not as bad as the pain I get standing or walking for
more than about 3 minutes.

I hope the shot in your shoulder works just as well for you.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (10-06-18), Emre22 (10-06-18), Fuzzy12 (10-06-18), lisariver (10-06-18), Little Missy (10-06-18), namazu (10-06-18), psychopathetic (10-06-18)
Old 10-06-18, 07:04 PM

I'm tired, sore, light headed/out of it, weak and weepy.

lol I turn into such a baby when I'm sick!

My nose is runny, but I'm also stuffy...and I'm developing a bit of a cough.
My throat hurts on and off as well. It's weird though cause when I blow my nose...my throat no longer hurts?

It's been neat a couple of times over the past couple of days though too...because a few times I've experienced a sense of being very childlike...but in really lovely, gentle, innocent way. Like I'm really tender and there's still magic in the air and all I wanna do is grab a big stuffed animal and curl up with him under my sheets in bed.
And it's a really cool feeling.

...Also I keep getting super cold today.

So...
Who wants to come over and baby me?

((Hugs))

...just sending out small e-((hugs)) as I don't want to spread my cold to ya'll!

Love you peoples! <3

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (10-06-18), Emre22 (10-06-18), lisariver (10-06-18), Lunacie (10-06-18), namazu (10-06-18)
Old 10-06-18, 07:13 PM

Also...I really wanted to get out and go grocery shopping today.
I made a list, and checked my digital coupons online...I've got some awesome ones this week such as 1 gallon milks only being $1.70, and some awesome freebies...I get 2 boxes of k-cup coffees (22 k-cups), a coconut water and a full sized box of cinnamon crunch cheerios! All free!!

Alas!...I can't make it out tonight. I'm too light headed. Or maybe that's not the right term for it...I'm just floaty and spacey and feel really out of sorts.

So...
Who wants to come over and baby me AND do my grocery shopping for me?

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (10-06-18), lisariver (10-06-18), namazu (10-06-18)
Old 10-06-18, 08:19 PM

Thanked 26,486 Times in 12,362 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Also...I really wanted to get out and go grocery shopping today.
I made a list, and checked my digital coupons online...I've got some awesome ones this week such as 1 gallon milks only being $1.70, and some awesome freebies...I get 2 boxes of k-cup coffees (22 k-cups), a coconut water and a full sized box of cinnamon crunch cheerios! All free!!

Alas!...I can't make it out tonight. I'm too light headed. Or maybe that's not the right term for it...I'm just floaty and spacey and feel really out of sorts.

So...
Who wants to come over and baby me AND do my grocery shopping for me?
I would ... in a heartbeat.

But ... by the time I got there the coupons would be expired.

Sounds like the cold virus I had a couple of weeks ago.
I thought it was going into bronchitis, seriously.
But it didn't, thankfully.

Rest, hydrate, hug a pillow and pretend it's a teddy bear.
Tuck yourself into bed and pretend I'm there singing.

Soft kitty, warm kitty,
little ball of fur.
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty,
purr, purr, purr.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
lisariver (10-06-18), namazu (10-06-18), psychopathetic (10-06-18)