ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-18, 03:05 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,891 Times in 7,899 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

I don't know how my mom did it...she had chronic pain too...constantly. She had some seriously strong meds but they didn't do much for her after a point, and she also used a tens unit (or however it's spelt) and would use a lot of ice packs...but that too didn't do much.

She said she was at an 8 a lot of times too.

I don't remember a lot about it when I was a kid...but I do remember sitting on the couch once watching my mom sit there with a dark red face from her crying and trying to hold her breath...and how I was sitting there desperately begging in my head for the pain to go away and to come into me...and I felt so completely hopeless and overwhelmingly unhelpful...I wanted so desperately for her pain to end...and there wasn't a damned thing I could do for her.

I think it was this kind o thing that makes me a robot in some situations where big events are happening and lots of people are hurt...it's like I had to learn to block that sort of thing out because it was too overwhelming to understand or deal with as a young kid.

(((Mom)))

...she did find something that helped finally...they numbed a nerve in her back and she said it'd drop the pain all the way down to a 1 or 2...or even a zero sometimes. And it'd last for a couple of months before it's start wearing off.

/sigh...I don't want to stop thinking about my mom...and yet I do. Just for now. I'm too raw atm.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
lisariver (10-30-18), Lunacie (10-30-18), Rebelyell (10-30-18), tudorose (10-30-18)
Old 10-30-18, 03:08 PM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

haha also note to self...maybe I should stop going to my groups when I haven't had a good night's sleep! >.<'

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 10-30-18, 03:47 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,905 Times in 15,257 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
I don't know how my mom did it...she had chronic pain too...constantly. She had some seriously strong meds but they didn't do much for her after a point, and she also used a tens unit (or however it's spelt) and would use a lot of ice packs...but that too didn't do much.

She said she was at an 8 a lot of times too.

I don't remember a lot about it when I was a kid...but I do remember sitting on the couch once watching my mom sit there with a dark red face from her crying and trying to hold her breath...and how I was sitting there desperately begging in my head for the pain to go away and to come into me...and I felt so completely hopeless and overwhelmingly unhelpful...I wanted so desperately for her pain to end...and there wasn't a damned thing I could do for her.

I think it was this kind o thing that makes me a robot in some situations where big events are happening and lots of people are hurt...it's like I had to learn to block that sort of thing out because it was too overwhelming to understand or deal with as a young kid.

(((Mom)))

...she did find something that helped finally...they numbed a nerve in her back and she said it'd drop the pain all the way down to a 1 or 2...or even a zero sometimes. And it'd last for a couple of months before it's start wearing off.

/sigh...I don't want to stop thinking about my mom...and yet I do. Just for now. I'm too raw atm.
My husband is going to get some kind of injections and then something called ablation in each side of his back. I have been waiting for him to qualify for this for awhile but he had to go through the steps with the pain management doc. Its so funny, they sent him for 6 weeks of PT which left him more in pain then before his appts. Its like....why send him to try something that made things worse? He has a physically active job, does all of his stretches and eats well so... hello? He has trammadol for the bad pain but personally I'd say he needs something stronger. I cant take trammadol due to medication interactions and I cant take any NSAIDs of any kind. I am very thankful that I have a doctor who gives me a small script for painkillers for when things are bad.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (10-30-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-18, 03:48 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,588 Times in 14,079 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I had a PA at the pain clinic tell me that most people say when they can't stop
crying, they have level 7 pain. (PA = physician's assistant)

At some point I got it into my head that when I can't stop crying I'm at a level 8
on the pain scale. I see a lot of people on the migraine group who are the same.
We've been living with chronic daily pain for so long that any level up to 5 is
our everyday life.

What the therapist did was 45 minutes of full body massage, from my head,
face and neck down my back, legs front and back, and feet. This kind of massage
takes training.

[IMG]Image result for Pain[/IMG]
Being Stung by a bee is level 5???

I can't even imagine what a level 7 or 8 is then... I've been stung by a wasp and that was super painful. I can't imagine having thst kind of pain chronically.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (10-30-18), tudorose (10-30-18)
Old 10-30-18, 03:57 PM

Thanked 30,588 Times in 14,079 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

I overshared again
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (10-30-18)
Old 10-30-18, 04:03 PM

Thanked 26,494 Times in 12,367 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

I've had two sets of epidural spinal injections.
The first set really took the inflammation down.
I still couldn't stand or walk without pain, but I could roll over in bed.
The second set did nothing at all.

I think a nerve block is different, but no one has suggested I get one,
or explained what help it could be.

I don't think I could tolerate the sting of a bee or a wasp if it stayed at that
very intense level for very long.

I had my first "ice pick" migraine last month.
That was like a wasp sting at the top corner of both eyes, but it only lasted a
moment thankfully.

I was laying down and it felt like someone had shot my right temple and the
bullet exited immediately out the left side.
Horrible pain, thankfully very brief.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (10-30-18), lisariver (10-30-18), psychopathetic (10-30-18)
Old 10-30-18, 04:39 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,387 Times in 13,825 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

(((((Funacie)))))
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (10-30-18), psychopathetic (10-30-18)
Old 10-30-18, 04:56 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,387 Times in 13,825 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I feel sick and my head feels like people are using a hammer on both sides of it at once
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (10-30-18), namazu (10-30-18), psychopathetic (10-30-18), Rebelyell (10-30-18)
Old 10-30-18, 05:13 PM

Thanked 11,315 Times in 6,030 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

What I need a full body message.my elbows shoulders kness n feet are in so much pain i came home n had to lay down even tho I have my side business to do just got up from sleeping for an hour.im still in discomfort
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-18, 05:16 PM

Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I have ice pick headaches that last for hours best if I can fall asleep.sometimes I wonder if I'm having a stroke w them kinds of headaches.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
namazu (10-30-18), psychopathetic (10-30-18)
Old 10-30-18, 05:30 PM

lol <3

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (10-30-18), lisariver (10-30-18)
Old 10-30-18, 05:40 PM
ADDvanced Member

SashaBV will become famous soon enough

Ouch! Lunacie, Rebelyell and Midnightstar! So sorry you have such pain! DH has severe headaches sometimes...he's said occasionally that he passed out from them. Still, not sure he was actually unconscious or not. In the past, he was a drinking alcoholic and may have just passed out from the drinking. Now, for years, he's been in sobriety. Oh, and it's cluster headaches he has periodically. I have migraines, but since I've been on Claritin and Singulair, it's much better.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SashaBV For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (10-30-18), psychopathetic (10-30-18), Rebelyell (10-30-18)
Old 10-30-18, 05:40 PM

Thanked 26,494 Times in 12,367 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
I have ice pick headaches that last for hours best if I can fall asleep.sometimes I wonder if I'm having a stroke w them kinds of headaches.
Some in the migraine group report hemiplegic migraines where one side of their
face and body feel paralyzed. That's more like having a stroke. But UGH I don't
want to imagine having an ice pick headache that lasts for any time at all.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (10-30-18), Rebelyell (10-30-18)
Old 10-30-18, 06:55 PM

Thanked 5,420 Times in 2,354 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I had a PA at the pain clinic tell me that most people say when they can't stop
crying, they have level 7 pain. (PA = physician's assistant)

At some point I got it into my head that when I can't stop crying I'm at a level 8
on the pain scale. I see a lot of people on the migraine group who are the same.
We've been living with chronic daily pain for so long that any level up to 5 is
our everyday life.

What the therapist did was 45 minutes of full body massage, from my head,
face and neck down my back, legs front and back, and feet. This kind of massage
takes training.

[IMG]Image result for Pain[/IMG]
Agree 5 or 6 is business as usual. I start to really lose my **** when it gets to around 8 to 8.5. That tends to happen when my pelvis is 3cm or more out.of alignment. Freaking excruciating. Had waaayyy too much of that this year.

It gets to the point that I can't remember what it's like to not be on pain. I love sleep coz it provides relief but then when you wake up you can feel the pain flooding back in and then you're back to reality.
Old 10-30-18, 07:40 PM

Sometimes I wonder if that's why when people are depressed and they sleep so much it's the body's way of shutting down n protecting itself? You don't feel pain when your sleeping.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (10-30-18), namazu (10-30-18), psychopathetic (10-30-18)