ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-18, 11:20 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,914 Times in 15,257 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

All I want are some printable coupons for specific things and every coupon site has pop ups and links that lead you all over the place-or you click on a coupon and then it says "no coupons available. OR they want you to sign up for something that will surely generate too many emails. Its so annoying. Why cant I just click and print? Believe me I went straight down the google results for printable coupons and was only able to easily find 2!

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (12-02-18), stef (12-02-18)
Old 12-02-18, 11:59 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,507 Times in 12,372 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
The ibruprofen ain't helping Drs don't want to write scripts for narcs.understandable.drs have sent me to PT.pt is like your not responding in the time given as much as we liked or hoped.its like a circus I can't get a straight answer too.last Dr wanted to do nerve ablersion.numb my feet n.kill certain nerves so signals from brain /feet don't send pain signals.no more pain but I could end up w no feeling in my feet or legs etc.why I went to see another dr.ive had nerve studies and I have no nerve damage neuro said.betwwen my kneecaps n feet an elbow wrists n fingers killing me.i think the pain is making me tired n stressed.drs are like just take a few ibruprofen pfft I feel like telling them to suck a hotdog
I have the nerve pain and numbness in my feet too. Mine is cause by damage
to disks in my lumbar spine.

I also shy away from surgery. I did several months of physical therapy a couple
of years ago, which improved my muscle tone but did nothing for the back pain
or the nerve pain.

Last month I saw a massage therapist once a week. The pain is much improved.
I plan on seeing her at least once a month from now on.

I pulled a muscle in my back back in October and went to the ER in case they
needed to do another MRI to see if another disk had ruptured. Took the doc
about one minute to diagnose a pulled muscle. Whew. He wanted to give me
a script for Norco. I said no thanks.

I knew if I got a script from him it could mess up the good thing I have with
the PA at the clinic who prescribes Norco for my migraines. The ER doc gave
me a script for a muscle relaxant instead. I don't understand why she is willing
to write a script for pain meds when most docs have stopped doing that, but I
just bless my lucky stars and take the meds as needed. As long as I don't run
out before the end of the month (it's usually at least 3 months) I can get more.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (12-02-18), stef (12-02-18)
Old 12-02-18, 02:58 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,395 Times in 13,832 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Starting to isolate ...........
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (12-02-18), psychopathetic (12-02-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-18, 03:38 PM

Thanked 30,593 Times in 14,081 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
Starting to isolate ...........
Let's isolate together.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (12-02-18), midnightstar (12-02-18), psychopathetic (12-02-18), Rebelyell (12-03-18), stef (12-02-18)
Old 12-02-18, 03:47 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,891 Times in 7,899 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

You guys relate with this?

I hate bringing concerns up with doctors in fear that the concerns turn out to be nothing.

So not trying to raise any alarms here...I'm pretty sure it's just that I'm so out of shape...but I'm having the exact same kinds of pain in my back that I got when I found out I had a second tumor growing in me years ago.

I see my doctor on Tuesday...and I'm going to ask if he wouldn't mind checking my blood to see if there's any red flags...but I'm going to feel really stupid when the results come back and there was nothing wrong with me and I was worried for nothing.

Do any of you have the same kinds of anxieties with doctors? I'v'e always been very reluctant with doctors because of this stuff.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (12-02-18), midnightstar (12-02-18)
Old 12-02-18, 03:49 PM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Let's isolate together.
Awwww!!!

I want to join your isolation club too!!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (12-02-18), midnightstar (12-02-18)
Old 12-02-18, 04:22 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,395 Times in 13,832 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post

I hate bringing concerns up with doctors in fear that the concerns turn out to be nothing.

So not trying to raise any alarms here...I'm pretty sure it's just that I'm so out of shape...but I'm having the exact same kinds of pain in my back that I got when I found out I had a second tumor growing in me years ago.

I see my doctor on Tuesday...and I'm going to ask if he wouldn't mind checking my blood to see if there's any red flags...but I'm going to feel really stupid when the results come back and there was nothing wrong with me and I was worried for nothing.

Do any of you have the same kinds of anxieties with doctors? I'v'e always been very reluctant with doctors because of this stuff.
Personally, I hate bringing up concerns about anything, learned not to the hard way

In other news, I'm worried for a work colleague, is it creepy that I just ordered her a massager as a christmas present? She's going through a crapload of crap at the moment, not sure whether me impulsively ordering her a christmas present was okay to do or whether it makes me a creep
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (12-02-18), psychopathetic (12-02-18)
Old 12-02-18, 04:29 PM

Thanked 30,593 Times in 14,081 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You know what I'm going to say but I'm going to say it anyway. You have to get it checked. If it turns out to be nothing you might feel stupid but you will also heave a sigh of of relief (as we will all). If you don't mention anything and then it turns out to be something serious won't your doctor be seriously annoyed? Except that at time point whether your doctor will be annoyed or not will be probably the least of your worry.

I can relate in a way but then my concerns are a lot more trivial and a lot more likely to be really nothing.(does that sound arrogant? I'm sorry if it does) For example I've got this boil on my head. I've had it for years. It doesn't change. I looked it up.
Pretty sure it's nothing. What I should probably get checked out is two irregularly shaped moles, which appeared a few years ago and I'm pretty sure they are growing. I
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (12-02-18), psychopathetic (12-02-18)
Old 12-02-18, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
In other news, I'm worried for a work colleague, is it creepy that I just ordered her a massager as a christmas present? She's going through a crapload of crap at the moment, not sure whether me impulsively ordering her a christmas present was okay to do or whether it makes me a creep
haha heck no! That's really sweet of you and I'm sure she'll be thrilled to know you care enough to get her a gift!!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (12-02-18)
Old 12-02-18, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
For example I've got this boil on my head.
Okay, so I know this is a PG13 forum lol...so I'll be vague with my discriptions...

But when I was a teen I found a small bump on...'part of me'. >.<'
I mean...how was I suppose to know? lol...I thought it must be cancer!

So I went to the doctor, and he made me take my pants down so he could examine...'part of me'. >.<'

Seconds later he informed me it was just a pimple.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 12-02-18, 05:23 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I hope you're worried for nothing but you are not stupid.

When I hurt my back a couple of months ago I went to the ER in case they
needed to do another MRI to see if I had ruptured another disk. The pain
wasn't really as the first time that happened, but it was bad enough that
I was really worried.

It took the ER doc about a minute to diagnose a pulled muscle, just by asking
me to sit up on the exam table and point out the location of the pain. I did not
feel stupid to have thought it might be something much worse, I was just very
relieved.

As far the pimple on your p***s, you had no experience with that and getting
the doc to look at it was smart. I was so stupid that I didn't even go to the doc
when that first disk ruptured ... because I was so sure he'd just say it was the
arthritis like he did when I first saw him for back pain.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (12-02-18)
Old 12-02-18, 06:46 PM

Thanked 11,336 Times in 6,035 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks lunacie I've been seen for fibro like 2 but i.didnt present symptoms either time n was ruled.out for it.goes n jumps in the isolation hottub
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-18, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
Thanks lunacie I've been seen for fibro like 2 but i.didnt present symptoms either time n was ruled.out for it.goes n jumps in the isolation hottub
Yes, fibro has flares and remissions. Getting sick or injured sets off a flare for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-18, 07:08 PM

Thanked 11,336 Times in 6,035 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Mom told me n later saw n interview that Lou ferrigno was deaf n was teased n him getting into body building was the reason why cause he got tired of being bullied from being partially deaf n.made fun of the way he spoke.he said it empowered him n when he got big no one messed w him.sadly most of them huge muscles was probably due to him doing steroids.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (12-02-18), psychopathetic (12-02-18), stef (12-03-18)
Old 12-03-18, 05:40 AM

Thanked 5,425 Times in 2,356 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

Life has just ramped up to what feels like maximum intensity the last couple of days. I had an alcoholic drink or 2 on Saturday night and felt pretty off for yesterday and today I'm so busy it's just nuts. Just totally overwhelmed
stef (12-03-18)