ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-18, 03:17 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,499 Times in 12,370 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Quote:
Originally Posted by TygerSan View Post
Itís way to damned early in the year for drama.

If anyone can teach me how to not react emotionally before I process everything fully, Iíd be grateful.

Sorry. Sometimes that first reaction happens so quickly it's done before we're aware.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (08-29-18), midnightstar (08-29-18), psychopathetic (08-29-18)
Old 08-29-18, 04:17 PM

Thanked 30,588 Times in 14,079 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
My little germ factory brought a snotty nose home from preschool. It lasted .5 days for her and will likely last a couple for me. I hate mucous.
I've never been as ill and as often ill as I've been since fuzzling has joined nursery. Evenb my in laws and my mom caught something from her. I did warn all of them not to use her cutlery or her dishes but they laughed at me saying that nothing bad can come from someone so small and cute. And then they all got such a bad case of the flu that they said the next time theyll get vaccinated before visiting us in the uk.

Speedy recovery to both of you!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (08-29-18), psychopathetic (08-29-18)
Old 08-29-18, 04:18 PM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Sorry. Sometimes that first reaction happens so quickly it's done before we're aware.
Hugs from me too tygersan. I hate drama though I create quite a bit of it mYSELF.

I can't seem to stop it even when I am aware.

I
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (08-29-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-18, 05:10 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,891 Times in 7,899 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TygerSan View Post
If anyone can teach me how to not react emotionally before I process everything fully, Iíd be grateful.
Ice cream.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 08-29-18, 05:11 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,891 Times in 7,899 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

P.S.

((((((((((((((Tyg-Tygs))))))))))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 08-30-18, 02:19 AM

Thanked 27,271 Times in 13,231 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

My aunt passed away early yesterday
She was 89 and had dementia so in a way, I think she has been freed from a very old body and a strange world which she perceived as hostile.

i picture her kind of slipping alongside to my mom and saying, " hi sis" (they had this particular way of greeting, and my mom was loud and my aunt was quiet.)

my mom had told me they went to lunch on her 70th birthday , they met up at a restaurant downtown and my aunt was just standing there outside the restaurant holding an index card that said "70".

she was 11 years older than my mom and so like a grandmother to me. every summer she would bring me downtown and i could pick out a toy, we would have lunch and then see a movie ( the woman sat through Grease and Airplane with me ).

she had a gentle, soft side that my mom did not have. but they had the same loud ringing laugh.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (08-30-18), Greyhound1 (08-31-18), Little Missy (08-30-18), Lunacie (08-30-18), namazu (08-30-18), psychopathetic (08-30-18), tudorose (08-30-18), willow129 (08-30-18)
Old 08-30-18, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
She was 89 and had dementia so in a way, I think she has been freed from a very old body and a strange world which she perceived as hostile.

i picture her kind of slipping alongside to my mom and saying, " hi sis" (they had this particular way of greeting, and my mom was loud and my aunt was quiet.)

my mom had told me they went to lunch on her 70th birthday , they met up at a restaurant downtown and my aunt was just standing there outside the restaurant holding an index card that said "70".

she was 11 years older than my mom and so like a grandmother to me. every summer she would bring me downtown and i could pick out a toy, we would have lunch and then see a movie ( the woman sat through Grease and Airplane with me ).

she had a gentle, soft side that my mom did not have. but they had the same loud ringing laugh.
I'm sorry Stef. Much love to you and your family.

I don't know if this is weird or inappropriate but I love your description of her and the time you spent with her. I mean in general I really enjoy reading when people talk or reminisce about their loved ones or what they do together. Anyway. Huge hugs.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (08-30-18), psychopathetic (08-30-18), stef (08-30-18)
Old 08-30-18, 09:51 AM
ADDvanced Member

BrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

So sorry for your loss, but as you said she is free now from a body that wasnít doing well..

Itís good that you remember some good times with her

On Adderall for ADHD, lyrica for Fibromyalgia, lexapro and viibryd for depression and anxiety, cosentyx for psoriasis, cyclosporine for IC,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrandyDW For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (08-30-18), stef (08-30-18)
Old 08-30-18, 09:54 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,388 Times in 13,826 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry special stef
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (08-30-18)
Old 08-30-18, 10:15 AM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,095 Times in 10,644 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Stef, what a lovely tribute to your aunt. I'm sorry for your loss.

Potentially-serious medical issue. More bloodwork today. I'm scared. Wish me luck.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (08-30-18), Emre22 (08-30-18), Greyhound1 (08-31-18), Lunacie (08-30-18), psychopathetic (08-30-18), stef (08-30-18)
Old 08-30-18, 10:24 AM
ADDvanced Member

BrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the rough

Good luck on your lab work namazu!

On Adderall for ADHD, lyrica for Fibromyalgia, lexapro and viibryd for depression and anxiety, cosentyx for psoriasis, cyclosporine for IC,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrandyDW For This Useful Post:
namazu (08-30-18), psychopathetic (08-30-18)
Old 08-30-18, 12:01 PM

Thanked 26,499 Times in 12,370 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Stef

Good memories are a big help when we're missing a loved one.

We were watching America's Got Talent, the results show, last night.
During a commercial I hit the mute so we could talk.

I don't know what made me think of it, but I asked my granddaughter if she
wanted to know how my dad (her great-grandpa) answered the phone.

He would say "Y'ello?" She smiled at that.

Then I asked if she wanted to know how he ended a phone call. Yeah, sure.

He simply hung up.

That made my daughter laugh. And then I giggled.

But I remember how it made me feel so odd when he did it.

Then my Gdaughter asked me if her grandpa (my ex) had any funny sayings.

My daughter and I both thought for a minute, but couldn't come up with anything.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
namazu (08-30-18), psychopathetic (08-30-18), stef (08-30-18)
Old 08-30-18, 04:20 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,910 Times in 15,257 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Ready for this? Tooth pain and heat sensitivity started up again 4 days ago. Thought I was being a baby and finally called today. They are a wonderful office though. They got me in at 130..removed old temp filling and gave me a blue composite one and then these tests..OMG the heat test was some kind of like sodering pen that smelled like smoke and she had to test the bad tooth and surrounding teeth alternating burning hot and cold ice. She said my gum and tooth were really inflamed and you can see the swelling in my face. And get this...she had me get a 3d 360 degree xray because she thinks the tooth behind the one they fixed was giving me the issues. She put me on a steroid pack and added another week of the antibiotic. This time I asked for something for pain and she gave me something. The best part?? She didnt charge me one penny for any of that. She considered it part of the process that she already did for me with the origional procedure. I cant believe it, its awesome. She didnt f anything up to begin with but really wants to help me get to the bottom of things. She says she will call me in a few days about the xray and wants to see me on monday.
It seems like so many docs are dismissive and in it for the money and then you get a good one every now and then that restores my feelings of trust.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (08-30-18), Lunacie (08-30-18), midnightstar (08-30-18), namazu (08-30-18), psychopathetic (08-30-18), stef (08-30-18), willow129 (09-06-18)
Old 08-30-18, 04:24 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,910 Times in 15,257 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandyDW View Post
I want a SPECT scan (yes I know Dr Amen doesnít seem to be liked on these forums) however with research and calling my insurance company I found out if my psychiatrist ordered the scan it would be free. But she wonít do it
why not?

I carried a watermelon?
Old 08-30-18, 05:33 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

The books that i read, changing me so much.
I guess i won’t be active like before in Private(Debate) section

I was defender of some systems before how can a person change some much, just being aware of being human and rejecting our true nature

Everything that includes Debate section now looking so pointless to me

Lol it feels really weird

Thanks to Arno Gruen lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (08-30-18)