ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-19, 10:54 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,086 Times in 10,638 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Roll call. Who is still around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
What does BOTS and TBH stand for
"Bots" (think "robots") are basically fake users or visitors to the site. They're often created in large numbers by someone (or some system) running some computer computer code, and don't represent individual people. They lead to inflated numbers of site visitors. Sometimes (rather often, actually) they create fake accounts for the purpose of spamming the forum, and the mods delete them.

TBH = "to be honest".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (01-24-19), psychopathetic (01-24-19), tudorose (01-25-19)
Old 01-24-19, 11:08 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,891 Times in 7,899 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

"Bots" aren't always bad though. Search engines such as google use bots to index new pages on sites so that they can be found when people search for them.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (01-24-19), namazu (01-24-19), tudorose (01-25-19)
Old 01-24-19, 11:21 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,787 Times in 7,606 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
"Bots" aren't always bad though. Search engines such as google use bots to index new pages on sites so that they can be found when people search for them.
Very true. The spam bots are the ones, I most enjoy giving the boot. We ban multiple spam bot accounts and post attempts a day.

Everyone, please report any suspected spammers or spam posts.

Thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (01-24-19), stef (01-25-19), tudorose (01-25-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-19, 01:05 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Thanked 1,251 Times in 527 Posts
WhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud of

It's funny, I just logged on for the first time in months and saw this post. I don't know why I disappeared, but I want to try to post more. I miss this place and the friends I made here.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (01-25-19), Greyhound1 (01-25-19), Little Missy (01-28-19), Lunacie (01-25-19), namazu (01-25-19), psychopathetic (01-25-19), stef (01-25-19), tudorose (01-25-19)
Old 01-25-19, 04:00 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,588 Times in 14,079 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been posting much but I'm still around. I still read some of the posts and plan to respond or I plan to start a new thread but then I forget. I'm doing better (anti depressants) but I do feel very guilty about having disappeared and not offering support just because I'm doing better. And selfishly I also worry that whe n I do feel like returning fully this forum will have became too inactive or my friends might have left.

Now that I'm better I'm also super busy. I will be back though.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (01-25-19), Greyhound1 (01-25-19), Lunacie (01-25-19), namazu (01-25-19), psychopathetic (01-25-19), SashaBV (01-29-19), stef (01-25-19), tudorose (01-25-19)
Old 01-25-19, 07:57 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,891 Times in 7,899 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

(((((((Fuzz-Fuzz)))))))

I'm just glad to hear you're feeling a bit better.

Damn it's been rough for you

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (01-25-19)
Old 01-25-19, 12:05 PM

Thanked 4,101 Times in 2,117 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Here. It has been quiet and I find myself checking in less often because of that but I still check in fairly regularly. Tbh, I miss the politics as the conversations were longer so it kept me around longer.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-25-19), namazu (01-25-19), psychopathetic (01-25-19), stef (01-25-19), tudorose (01-25-19)
Old 01-25-19, 01:39 PM
Contributor

Funky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to all

Still here, and also drinking coffee like all the rest of you cool kids. I think one issue with the usage level of this board is that by its very nature It's usually the kind of place that somebody can visit and get answers to their questions by either posting one or two posts or just reading through prior postings. I have a history of online forum usage so I understand the social aspect of it, but I can see where others may not drawn to that side of it.
Lunacie (01-26-19), namazu (01-25-19), stef (01-25-19), tudorose (01-25-19)
Old 01-28-19, 12:09 AM

Thanked 11,395 Times in 5,567 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

yo im be here
Lunacie (01-28-19), tudorose (01-28-19)
Old 01-28-19, 12:43 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

here
Old 01-28-19, 07:28 PM

LeighWolf is on a distinguished road

As a new member, I can tell you that this forum wasn't easy to find. I originally found it using Firefox and seeing a new set of articles Chrome didn't offer me. It was linked in an article (maybe blog).

After I signed up, I unfortunately broke my laptop and had to get a new one. Bookmarks gone. Had to find it again. There were fora that popped up first, and these repeated and repeated. This was way down the list.

Also the blue is not very eye catching. I chose it over the others because the posts seemed more engaging and intelligent to me overall.

Don't know if that helps any, but I am incredibly surprised this forum isn't more populous. Seems you may be wondering too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeighWolf For This Useful Post:
namazu (01-28-19), peripatetic (01-28-19), stef (01-28-19)
Old 01-28-19, 09:46 PM

Thanked 1,052 Times in 626 Posts
excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighWolf View Post
As a new member, I can tell you that this forum wasn't easy to find. I originally found it using Firefox and seeing a new set of articles Chrome didn't offer me. It was linked in an article (maybe blog).

After I signed up, I unfortunately broke my laptop and had to get a new one. Bookmarks gone. Had to find it again. There were fora that popped up first, and these repeated and repeated. This was way down the list.

Also the blue is not very eye catching. I chose it over the others because the posts seemed more engaging and intelligent to me overall.

Don't know if that helps any, but I am incredibly surprised this forum isn't more populous. Seems you may be wondering too.
It was easy for me to find using internet explorer. I just typed in adhd and it came up. I do have to signin and than press on private messages before it lets me in
Old 01-28-19, 10:53 PM

Thanked 26,486 Times in 12,362 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
It was easy for me to find using internet explorer. I just typed in adhd and it came up. I do have to signin and than press on private messages before it lets me in
You joined over 9 years ago, when the forum was very busy and therefore
easier to find. I'll bet we are a ways down the page these days.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 01-28-19, 11:07 PM

Thanked 34,205 Times in 15,480 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

I log on a few times a week. My offline life with the small girl and making my IOP sessions, plus individual therapy weekly, simply has to be my priority this year or I'll end ho hospitalized again or dead.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (01-29-19), Lunacie (01-29-19), Rebelyell (01-29-19), SashaBV (01-29-19), stef (01-29-19), tudorose (01-29-19)
Old 01-28-19, 11:30 PM

Thanked 1,052 Times in 626 Posts
excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
You joined over 9 years ago, when the forum was very busy and therefore
easier to find. I'll bet we are a ways down the page these days.
It came up Wright away on my phone which I just got and my computer which I just got
The Following User Says Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
stef (01-29-19)