ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-06, 04:54 PM
Contributor

Nocturnal is on a distinguished road
What is Software Castle?

At my home computer when I try to get onto the forums it loads a page called Software Castle but when I come to the forums from work it works fine. Was there a server problem? I know I'm not infected with any spyware/viruses.
Old 08-31-06, 06:27 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 1,631 Times in 574 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
ADD Forums has no connection at all to Software Castle and I have no idea why you're seeing this message at home. Perhaps you should run an adware program of some sort, as it appears that something is going on with your system.

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 08-31-06, 06:59 PM

KevInChester is on a distinguished road
I had the same error too, ran spyware checks with no issue. I could connect fine using a proxy though.

Just had it again, cleared the cache and reloaded the page. Worked fine.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-06, 07:01 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Hrmmm....if anyone else is experiencing this issue, please post in this thread. Thanks.

Old 08-31-06, 07:06 PM

KevInChester is on a distinguished road
My fault I think, I have a habit of omitting the 'www' part of a URL, using; http://addforums.com/ goes to The Software Castle.
Old 08-31-06, 07:07 PM
Ghost in the Machine

It shouldn't

Old 08-31-06, 07:09 PM
Contributor

They have an entirely different IP address than you guys too. It's still happening at home. What happens is if I type in addforums.com and then it will load the main page and then it will 404 and say there is no page because it is trying to talk to Software Castle.

By any chance did you guys change servers last night? It could be an issue with the DNS not propogating throughout the entire web yet.
Old 08-31-06, 07:13 PM
Ghost in the Machine

I believe that may be the problem...there was a DNS issue the other night...sigh.

Old 08-31-06, 07:15 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
I believe that may be the problem...there was a DNS issue the other night...sigh.
Yeah that would probably be the reason why this is happening. DNS can cause problems like this with other sites resolving while typing in addforums.com. If it has been fixed by your host then the problem should subside eventually once all the DNS servers have updated
Old 08-31-06, 10:12 PM
ADDvanced Member

KFabulous has disabled reputation
That happened to me today too! I was like what the hell??? This isn't my beloved ADD Forum. But it is fine now. I thought I was the only one!
Old 09-01-06, 12:50 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

VisualImagery is just really niceVisualImagery is just really niceVisualImagery is just really niceVisualImagery is just really nice
I had the same problem-was on the site successfully for quite awhile this afternoon and all of a sudden, Castle Software was the only result that showed up.

It looks like your hard work paid off, I am back on and see no more problems. Thanks! You all are great, sorry you had to deal with this though. You should feel very satisfied that this forum means so much and is used by so many people!

RADD
Old 09-01-06, 03:19 AM

sehrita is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
ADD Forums has no connection at all to Software Castle and I have no idea why you're seeing this message at home. Perhaps you should run an adware program of some sort, as it appears that something is going on with your system.
I was seeing the same thing myself this afternoon (for the 1st time) when I was trying to go to the forums. I have addforums bookmarked and always use that link and it always works. So I know I am not typing the address in wrong..... I have no idea why that happened earlier...

Toonces the Pirate Cat
Old 09-01-06, 06:02 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

ClearConfusion has disabled reputation
I had that problem too yesterday.

Then we can hold hands -- and go to toy-kindergarten! Me on the joys of adulthood.

Old 09-01-06, 06:11 PM

chloe516 will become famous soon enough
I had that problem yesterday and earlier today, seems to be ok now...

"Success is the prize for those who stand true to their ideas!" -Josh S. Hinds

Old 09-01-06, 07:27 PM
Forum Guru

Aizlyne will become famous soon enough
Had this problem earlier today as well. Weird lol.

~Unknown