ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-08, 12:56 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

kwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to all
Name a task you got done today.....

or even as much as you can name. I saw that one thread about naming what you cleaned today. It can be just something little, or things that correlated through out the day. I'd like to keep this thread going every day, because I think it would a great self motivator for everyone to see that it's not only them barely getting anything done. Also it's hard for me to believe my medication is working when I barely get anything done, but somehow it is in odd ways, it would be nice to see everyone elses experiences.

so far today I have......
called a man that I wanted to get a job from
called my mom and Dad,making plans for tomorrow to see them seperately.
Wrote in my journal about some ideas, I have been keeping up with it a lot lately.
Finally finished putting all the strings on my guitar, and relearned C,B, and D major. Then I practiced the technique of switching back and forth between the notes while strumming.
The Following User Says Thank You to kwalk For This Useful Post:
kellyc04 (02-14-09)
Old 11-09-08, 01:09 AM

KaiserBravery can only hope to improve
Re: Name a task you got done today.....

Nice work! on meds or without?

The other day i not only went to an interview and got my first full time job.. but i managed to organise 3 appointments, sell 4 things on ebay and learn some piano.. I was majorly impressed.. probably the most productive day i have had ever!

I started taking fish oil, ginko brahmi and b vitamins so i am currently trying to figure out if thats why i was so productive! Most days i can go a full day and get nothing done... And those appointments were things that i have been procrastinating about for months!

Today i am massivly hungover.. and feel majorly figity and innatentive... Conclusion: alcohol after effects = strong add symptoms..
Old 11-09-08, 01:21 AM

kwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to all

on meds. Haven't been on them that long. I'm thinking they must be doing something because I take instant releases with strattera and I've seen the fog sometimes creep up on me I guess since the IRs wear off. I pretty much remember my tasks better, so I kind of keep up with them. I'm staying really clean and organized too, and I've noticed I'm more alert while driving, but no improvement in attention span to like people .

and good job! great to hear about the job. I've been just adding b vitamins with l-tyrosine, I've been taking l tyrosine for a while. Fish oil didn't seem to do anything for me...... and I love ebay!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-08, 01:29 AM

KaiserBravery can only hope to improve

keep up with it.. maybe ure attention span is improving but slowly.. The drugs make it easier to focus but if by habit you change focus a lot(due to so many years of unmedicated ADD).. Then maybe it will take some time to break your old habits.. if that makes sense? haha

Sounds like your doing well tho I cant wait to hopefully try out some meds.
Old 11-09-08, 01:44 AM

Thanks for the advice and wisdom. Yea, that does make sense. I used to take meds in high school for two years, never did take it at home though, so I never experienced the self discipline of sitting down and working by myself. I was lazy, didn't have too many responsibilities, so I didn't really take things too seriously. School, I guess, helped me keep concentrated by guiding me through the process, it set the rules, not me. I went to college without meds, even though I barely survived my second semester, i'll definitely admit I was more productive than I am now spending everyday at home.

So now I have to guide myself, keep my own schedule-god for bid a schedule, and find some way to reallly get me started on things. I realized the other day what really screwed me over in thinking my meds stopped working in high school- my avoidance of my worries, my outside world that I had no clue why I couldn't understand. So i'm hoping by getting somewhere with my worries or atleast accepting them, as trying to break old habits- that i'll really see my meds be more consistent.
Old 11-09-08, 01:55 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

chowmix is a glorious beacon of lightchowmix is a glorious beacon of lightchowmix is a glorious beacon of lightchowmix is a glorious beacon of lightchowmix is a glorious beacon of light

Made an entry in ADDFORUMS
Graded 20 papers
Took out the garbage
Helped 10 students
Ate pretty well
Made three people smile
Met two sweet dogs

Contact a doctor if you think you need help. Don't waste 30 years as I did.

DX at 51: GAD,OCD,ADHD mixed RX: Concerta. Ritalin / Propranolol as needed.
Old 11-09-08, 02:06 AM

Mincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to behold

I cancelled my cell phone service and ordered cable digital phone service.
Old 11-09-08, 02:33 AM
Contributor

Johnny123 will become famous soon enough

I passed crysis warhead (computer game) after putting it off for a few weeks (It's extremely rare for me to pass a game).

And it's sunday here and tomorrow I have about 3 tasks due which i've yet to start.
Old 11-09-08, 03:36 AM

marcykid will become famous soon enough

Let's see, I woke up...
Got out of bed...
Dragged a comb across my head...
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup...
and looking up I noticed I was late.
Found my coat and grabbed my hat...
Made the bus in seconds flat...
Found my way upstairs and had a smoke...
Somebody spoke and I went into a dream...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marcykid For This Useful Post:
erratic (06-22-13), kwalk (11-09-08), Song of Mercy (11-09-08), stef (11-09-08), Wander (11-11-08)
Old 11-09-08, 06:09 AM

Thanked 27,264 Times in 13,227 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

hey it's sunday morning here!
but I'm seriously thinking about making chili and we eat before 1:30. this is totally doable. IF I get out of this forum in 25 minutes...
Old 11-09-08, 12:51 PM

Thanked 1,622 Times in 803 Posts
Michiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond repute

Washing my kitchen floor. 3/4 done! *woo hoo*
Old 11-09-08, 02:19 PM

Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,158 Posts
Addr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud of

hmmm I woke up a few hours ago..took my meds..text msg a friend.. Hey, I did make coffee! Now I'm on the forum..more a pleasure than a task.

I do hope to do some much needed laundry...innnnn a while HA!

Dang its after 1pm EST..ok ok ok I've been on forum a lot longer than I thought ...no worries, I have all day to do what I THINK I should do. hehe addr68
"We all have such a Ring: it forms the foundations of our Dark Tower, namely the Ego, the false self. Our Quest, like Frodo's and Sam's, is to renounce the Ring and be rid of the hold it has over us...."
Tolkien
Old 11-09-08, 03:45 PM

Thanked 3,129 Times in 1,638 Posts
Song of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant future

I love the concept of doing one thing. There are so many days when remembering that no matter how I feel I can accomplish one thing productive.

Today I got on myspace and wrote back to friends and fellow bloggers.
Old 11-09-08, 04:11 PM
Contributor

Contrapunctus is an unknown quantity at this point

Today, I woke up very early, wrote 34 more measures of music (a long piece for orchestra that I have been chipping away at), took my dog to the park, lifted weights, worked on my girlfriends car, and unfortunately, got into a bit of an argument with my girlfriend. This is with no meds, but I am extremely hyperactive so (aside from the music) all these activities were quite hurried, and my guess is that my girlfriends car will be leaking transmission fluid in the near future....

I just took 15mg of Desoxyn, and hopefully I will be able to clean up a bit and wash the cars. Today seems like an OK day, I suppose.
Old 11-09-08, 05:14 PM
Jr Member

Krazy_Taco is on a distinguished road

Does rolling out of bed and taking a shower count as an accomplishment? It's 3:15 p.m., and I still haven't eaten today. Adderall XR kills my appetite for food.