ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-21, 11:51 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,960 Times in 12,977 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New mutation/covid variant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
My oldest granddaughter's roomie has covid, got it from workmate.
But my granddaughter tested negative.
Does she stay with roomie?
Does she come and quarantine at home?
My daughter thinks she and the granddaughter who lives at home should also get tested.
But that granddaughter (autistic) insists that she feels fine and doesn't need to get tested.

Meanwhile the polar vortex is shifting and I have a migraine from he!!.
Mom dropped off a care package for the girls.
And now granddaughter is showing symptoms: fever, deep cough, achy,
chills and has lost her sense of smell.
Good thoughts and positive energies would be appreciated for both girls.
And may the rest of us stay virus free.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (01-14-21), Andi (01-14-21), Greyhound1 (Today), namazu (01-14-21), stef (01-14-21), TygerSan (01-14-21)
Old 01-14-21, 11:14 AM

Thanked 4,546 Times in 2,280 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Quote:
The best thoughts for you and your family lunacie. My state is giving vacinnes out to people 65+ starting jan 25. So hopefully its not much longer before we can all get the shots.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
Andi (01-14-21), Lunacie (01-14-21), stef (01-14-21)
Old Yesterday, 11:07 AM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 22,114 Times in 11,155 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Good article from The Atlantic (which has had good coverage of the pandemic in general, especially articles by Ed Yong) about the new SARS-CoV-2 variants: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...riants/617694/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (Yesterday), TygerSan (Yesterday)
Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM

Thanked 4,546 Times in 2,280 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by namazu View Post
Good article from The Atlantic (which has had good coverage of the pandemic in general, especially articles by Ed Yong) about the new SARS-CoV-2 variants: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...riants/617694/
Both the article and the website in general was interesting. I don't think I've read from a news source quite like that one before. Most ive read seem to have sensational titles and only discuss science sparingly (maybe I've been visiting the wrong sites). Any other interesting news websites/channels?
The Following User Says Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
namazu (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:38 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 22,114 Times in 11,155 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
Both the article and the website in general was interesting. I don't think I've read from a news source quite like that one before. Most ive read seem to have sensational titles and only discuss science sparingly (maybe I've been visiting the wrong sites). Any other interesting news websites/channels?
There are a number of sites. One that comes to mind, which is geared towards people in the medical/health/research fields, is STAT News.

Their featured COVID story at the moment actually has to do with how the pandemic is affecting people with OCD-related germ phobias, but as you can see from the linked page, they cover many aspects of science, technology, and policy.

They also have articles and videos on the emerging variants. Here's a short video, for example: https://www.statnews.com/2021/01/14/...virus-mutates/ The video underscores the point that widespread infections provide more opportunities for the virus to mutate.

I'll try to post some more good info sources later.
The Following User Says Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (Today)
Old Yesterday, 09:36 PM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 13,802 Times in 5,562 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the first appointments for vaccines have become available for selected individuals in my organization. I am towards the end of the priority list, but it's feeling a little more like it might actually happen sometime in the next month or so (fingers crossed).

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (Today), Lunacie (Today), namazu (Yesterday)
Old Today, 01:15 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 17,550 Times in 8,245 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good thoughts, well wishes and positive energy heading your way now!

How are the girls doing?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (Today), namazu (Today), stef (Today)
Old Today, 02:10 PM

Thanked 27,960 Times in 12,977 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
Good thoughts, well wishes and positive energy heading your way now!

How are the girls doing?
Both are still sick, but are able to eat and drink which is a good thing.
And a couple of days later my bonus daughter who has had the vaccine
and tested negative also has symptoms of the covid virus. They say bad
news comes in threes, eh?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
stef (Today)