ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Men with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Men with ADD/ADHD This forum is for men to discuss issues related to being a man with AD/HD.

Old 05-19-11, 09:57 AM

warpigs is on a distinguished road
Atenolol + adderall problems

My doctor prescribed both Atenolol + adderall. I haven't started yet because I have a few questions. In the past when I took adderall I felt physically beat up every time I would wake up in the morning. Although it gave me energy it also caused me to be limp. ED was an issue on adderall. My doctor said that atenolol will prevent if from causing ED issues cause too high norepinephrine causes ED. He says atenolol will modulate norepinephrine so it does not go too high.

So here are the two main concerns with this combo.

1) ED - can't have that or I won't even bother with this treatment.
2) Not being able to loss weight while on Atenolol

I'm in need of losing weigh and just signed up for cross fit training classes. If atenolol prevents my heart rate from going up even while on adderall for my ADHD then how can I lose weight?

Should I ask for another medication instead?

I had tried concerta in the past, but the focus wasn't as clean. I'm more focused on adderall, but thought proccess can be an issue at times.

Any help is greatly appreciated.