ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Men with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Men with ADD/ADHD This forum is for men to discuss issues related to being a man with AD/HD.

Old 02-11-18, 06:12 PM

Mapu51Dan is on a distinguished road
Problem with attention jumping

Hey guys,
been having this problem recently where my attention span is that of a shoe.
I mean its usually not that great, but as of a couple of months ago, it has been getting really bad.
I dont know if its from the stress at work or something else.
If anyone has advice on routine? or something.
Its only taken me till 26 to start writing on my hand for notes to remember things.
Old 02-11-18, 07:57 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,355 Times in 782 Posts
Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of
Re: Problem with attention jumping

No real advice. So a dramatic loss/shift in focus in last 2 months? Is the memory problem relatively new? Anything else? Maybe Google those and any others and see if anything pops up that you can identify with? Sorry, but all I have. GL, -LN
Old 02-11-18, 08:35 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,005 Times in 2,061 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Somethings gotta be causing the sudden decrease in attention.

'd fix that because it'll probably cause besides that that would be the most effective solution, whatever is causing it may also be hurting you healthwise in other ways. Like if stress is too high, it may give you high blood pressure eventually.

If you think it might be another medical condition causing the problem, see a dr.

Seems like you already are trying routines and notes so don't really have anything more.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-18, 03:58 PM

HyperSweaty is on a distinguished road

One thing that helps me is when I go for a run at the gym or for a very long walk...then come back home and relax a bit. Then do my work and general tasks.

For some reason the exertion followed by the relaxation and fatigue make me more focused.

However, if I do the gym work or walk this after 8 pm or so, then I feel like sleeping when I get back home:-)
Old 04-04-18, 01:41 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,589 Times in 1,215 Posts
ToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond repute

Exercise is one of the best activities for the brain, for ADHD, and for depression and other conditions. Highly recommended by all the experts ....

Only recently have you felt these attention issues ... Hmmmm ... when I was in a miserable relationship ... with tons of anxiety ... my attention went to hell ... (above and beyond my normal attention struggles) ...

Think back over say the last 6 months ... what changes have you made? ... Any new relationships? ... New job? ... Longer commute to job? ... New pressures on job? ... New boss? ... Illness in family? ... any other medication you've recently begun taking?