ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-18, 08:22 AM

SlamHamer89 is on a distinguished road
Don't like the "other me" (see disclaimer)

DISCLAIMER: This is not a depression post no need to sounds the alarms!

29, diadnosed with ADD/ADHD about 7/8 months ago and it REALLY explained a lot of the past 15 or 20 years of my life. Including why ALL of my relationships thus far have crashed and burned.... but I digress.

Naturally the treatment for AD(H)D is a stimulant regimen. I'm at a stable dosing and schedule as of about 3 months or so ago. However no matter how much I try not to I end up taking my medicaion on the weekends and I don't want to. I recently met someone quite a bit older than me with AD(H)D and has stopped taking stimulants YEARS ago. He is fine but it was my first interaction with a fellow ADD'er while on treatment and they weren't.

We got to talking and everything he explained to me (forgetfullness, hyperfocus on inconsequential things and just generally being aloof) kind of scared me. Not for his sake but because I do not like the haphazardness of AD(H)D when not on stimulants. Does anyone else here feel this way?? I am a USMC vet so I REALLY like to be on task so that prob explains alot of where this is comming from. I just wanna know if I'm not the only one who feels this way.

NOTE: On my phone at work, plesse excuse any typos.