ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Site News, Information & Events
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-03, 07:15 PM
Jumping.. In slow motion

David is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation Planned upgrade to our community! ADDForums.com Version 2! (ADDF v2)

Dear Members,

I would like to tell you a bit about the plans that we have for a completely updated version for our great community. This version will be referred to as ADDF v2.

There are a NUBMER of very substantial upgrades that will probably interest most of you and I will outline below. I understand that there are probably a number of people that are perfectly fine with what we have and might not like the idea of changing the site up. If that is the case, I want everyone to know upfront that you will still be able to use the site that you currently see IN ADDITION to the new design.
One of the features of the software that we are using (and will continue to use) is that you can select between whatever Skins we add to the site. There will be a drop down menu bar on all versions of AddForums.com and you can select whichever you prefer! The ‘skin’ we are currently using will be dubbed ADDF v1. The new Design will be ADDF v2. And for those of you that are on ‘diet’ dial-up accounts, I have plans for an ADDF LITE version, which is stripped of most graphics to enable maximum browsing speed.

Major Features and Additions to www.ADDForums.com

1. Completely re-design Graphical ‘skin’.

2. Latest Addition of Forums software with over 50+ custom modifications!!!

3. Full integration of all areas of the site with user database – your account follows you EVERYWHERE! You login only once!

4. Live Chat System - Talk live with others on ADDForums.com and possibly elsewhere in various rooms. More features that most Live Chat rooms across the internet

5. Help Desk – Staffed and Automated Help Desk. Have a problem or question on ADDForums.com? You will get answered FAST here!

6. Main Portal Page – New Main Portal page that includes News, Information, menus and more..

7. Photo Galleries – Advanced Photo & Video Gallery where you can post whatever pictures you want. Gallery has ratings, comments and more!

8. Links Directory – High-End links directory where members can submit links, review links, rate links and much more..

9. Web Mail – Similar to Hotmail and Yahoo mail but with A LOT more features, space, etc. This is a really killer script and will allow you to have POP3 and other mail accounts via ADDForums and our server. Full configurable by you!

10. Online Arcade – When you need a break from the community, you will be able to access the ADDForums online arcade that is stocked with a lot of games! Compete against other members for bragging rights and more.

11. Web Hosting – This is a feature that we are considering at the moment but will give our members the ability to setup and host domain name (www.yourname.com) websites of their own! From a single page website to a multi-level monster.. This will be very cool!

12. ADDF Gift Shop – For those of you that are interested in ADDForums.com branded items like Coffee cups, hats, shirts and more, we will be setting up a Online Store and having designed a number of ADDForums.com Logos, Graphics and More! If you are interested in creating some yourself, please let us know! We love member submitted artwork!

13. ADDF Book Store – All the AD/HD and Related books we can find will be at your fingers in this online store. This will be one of the features that will be added last but I am sure will interest many.

14. Book & Other Reviews – Member made reviews on books and much more. This will be a dedicated section of the community and any member will be able to submit reviews and ratings on a variety of things.

While the features I have listed above are going to be the most noticeable, there are a great many other more subtle additions that deal with user experience. Everything from Private Messaging Options, password protected sub-forums, to shout boxes and more! All of the things that have been requested should be addressed in this ground-breaking new addition.

If there are things that I have not mentioned above that you would like to see, please post them in this thread.

Also, I am going to post a rough-version of the forums template that we have designed for ADDF v2. The top banner and other areas are going to be customized to ADDForums.com, and I will post further updated versions as we get to that point.

Thanks a bunch!

The ADDForums.com Admin Team,
LivingwithADD
BIG
David
Old 11-02-03, 07:17 PM
Jumping.. In slow motion

David is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to behold
Incomplete Template for Discussion Forums

Here is the currently incomplete template for the forums. This is just a general idea of where we currenlty are at with the ADDF v2 Skin.

The upper area will be branded with our NEW ADDForums logo, and other related graphics. The right hand side will have a rotating picture script that is integrated with the design. Each time you go to another page, that picture will change.. (You will see!)

The buttons on the top will be drop down sub-menus when you mouse-over them.

The blank area in the middle will contain the forum list and a variety of other forum related menus and graphics.

Again, this is the Forum Index picture and when you go to other areas of the community the menus under the blank main banner will completely change..

The blank boxes measuring 468x60 above and below the forum list (blank center area right now) are for banners. We most likely will be running some NON pop-up (I hate them) banners for related websites, partners and others that have something to do with Attention Deficit / Hyperactive Disorder that we think will interest ADDForum members.

Please let us know what you think about this design as well, but keep in mind it is missing a lot at the moment!

Thanks!

David
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blankmedlarg1.jpg (83.7 KB, 179 views)
Old 11-03-03, 03:18 PM
Forum Guru

smooch has disabled reputation
Cool

Oooooohhhhh! Soooo cool!

Expect a check from me in the mail!

Thanks so much for all that you (and Tara and Andrew!) doing for this community! "D

smooch
Old 11-03-03, 03:31 PM
Favorite "Aunt Joan" to Little Jessica

joanrdtobe will become famous soon enough
David: You're amazing, thanks.....and thanks for the personal e-mails letting us know of these changes.....

Hope you have wonderful upcoming holidays......

"If you change the way you look at things -- the things you look at change"

Dr. Wayne Dyer (The Power of Intention)
Old 11-03-03, 05:55 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

healthwiz will become famous soon enough
No kisses from me D but looks pretty slick!

Jon

"Don't let the diagnosis buckle you at the knees." (me).

"It ain't what ya don't know what gits ya inter trouble-- t's tha stuff ya know fer sure what ain't so!" Artemus Ward, written about a century ago.

"Rescue us, oh ADD angel, if you exist - from the attention by those who seek to limit us from our own unlimitations, who bind us in straw nots with arguments that hold no hay!" (me)
Old 11-03-03, 06:34 PM
Banned

waywardclam is on a distinguished road
I want to apologize for not being able to donate money. Our lives are pretty crazy with debt right now.
Old 11-04-03, 01:32 AM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,074 Times in 579 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Folks, We don't expect anything from anyone here. Whether its $1 or $50...I'm hoping that those folks that can help out...will. Whether its through donations, spreading the word about the forums, or contributing time, effort and posts. To thrive and grow, this community needs everyone contributing in one way or another.

David, I'm in...I'll be submitting a payment via PayPal shortly.

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 04-08-04, 02:00 AM

SusyQ55 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up new images

Looks good to me. I live by the K.I.S.S. theory.
SusyQ
Old 04-08-04, 05:28 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Garry has disabled reputation
Any updates on when the new forums will be ready to go

I am ------------ ADD
Addaptable, Directed, Determined

Old 06-16-04, 04:57 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Well...looks like the changes are on the way

Old 03-05-05, 03:03 PM
Contributor

bnsforu2 is on a distinguished road
Talking Paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
Folks, We don't expect anything from anyone here. Whether its $1 or $50...I'm hoping that those folks that can help out...will. Whether its through donations, spreading the word about the forums, or contributing time, effort and posts. To thrive and grow, this community needs everyone contributing in one way or another.

David, I'm in...I'll be submitting a payment via PayPal shortly.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Ok. Where is the paypal.

So I CAN add some into piggy bank.

P
Old 03-05-05, 05:16 PM
Ghost in the Machine

We lost the link to our Paypal account during the last upgrade I think...I'll see what we can do about bringing it back...ty for everyone's continued support!

Old 03-05-05, 05:21 PM
Contributor

next upgrade? any?

Quote:
We lost the link to our Paypal account during the last upgrade I think...I'll see what we can do about bringing it back...ty for everyone's continued support!

any new upgrades?

P
Old 03-07-05, 10:07 PM
Ghost in the Machine

We are planning a whole slew of upgrades and cool changes in the coming months. You may make your donation by heading to: www.paypal.com (make sure you set up an account for yourself) click on "send money" and use donations@addforums.com as the e-mail address for your donations

Thanks to everyone who helps us grow!!!!!!!

Old 03-08-05, 12:21 AM
Contributor

Talking Look for a little cash in your piggie bank soon, add forum admin. :)

Quote:
We are planning a whole slew of upgrades and cool changes in the coming months. You may make your donation by heading to: www.paypal.com (make sure you set up an account for yourself) click on "send money" and use donations@addforums.com as the e-mail address for your donations

Thanks to everyone who helps us grow!!!!!!!

Look forward to a better more improved forum.

What improvements are we looking at?

Asthetics?

Look and feel?

Functionality?

NEW features?

P