ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Other Creative Endeavors
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-20, 11:32 AM
Forum Guru

eeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished road
Re: I need to make a doc even if it sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildadhd View Post
*****Trigger Warning******

-was looking into films schools but think we could teach ourselves, when things open and we can get access to the equipment?

M
I have a bit of experience with photoshop and dreamweaver, so am going to take a crack at adobes video editing program.

It is way overkill for what we need IMO, but what is an ultraviolent sociology without overkill?

ps, instead of just hosting it on youtube I will make a blog.

for the domain name ill just get a temp one so we can take our time naming stuff.

at present I do like "ultraviolent sociology" in the doc subtitle, but am of course flexible.

Last edited by namazu; 05-14-20 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: political discussion is prohibited outside of the Debates section
Old 05-14-20, 01:35 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,321 Times in 1,002 Posts
mildadhd has disabled reputation

I forget, I am assuming misha is the main character in the doc you posted, maybe we could chase him around, with our cameras. Just joking.

Maybe we could find misha, and interview him?

I agree, no random disrespectful filming in the DTES.

Going to watch the doc again today.

Will private message you later.

M
eeyore (05-14-20)
Old 05-14-20, 03:04 PM
Forum Guru

eeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished road

yes, Misha is the narrator, and in this threads original post I mistakenly said the doc was the work of two UBC students, I had forgotten Misha's brother made it three people, and im not sure if the brother is UBC.

At one point I thought Craig Ogilvie [director, editor] was the mastermind of this doc and Misha was just a uselful idiot/prop, but now am more open to the idea that Misha is in fact the driving force, as indicated in the credits.

Since it was fairly recent that I decided Misha was likely more than Craig's prop, I had visions of interviewing Craig rather than Misha, but honestly, what little I have seen from this Craig Ogilvie guy really freaks me out. Yes Misha is better lol.

you can see what that other M is up to here : https://mishakleider.wixsite.com/misha-kleider

edit: holy smokes either Mishas page did not load properly last time I went there or he put a bunch of new stuff on.

No boredom today..

cya in PM.

edit edit: holy smokes Misha has an MA in ed., I only knew bout the BA in philosophy.

Quote:
My name is Misha Kleider. I first got into filmmaking because it seemed like a great way to share the fascinating things I was learning in school––I have a BA in philosophy and a masters in education. My first documentary served as my film school. The film featured me as I left my privileged student life to live homeless on the streets for a month–starting out in just my underwear. We sold the film to network television and this encouraged me to make another one. My next film was a short film about a hustler in a small town in Africa. It won best short film at the Vancouver Short Film Fest. My latest project is a youtube channel called Epiphany where I share epiphanies in philosophy, spirituality and futurism. You can check it out here!
Hes better looking than me but thats ok, and Im aging better

Last edited by eeyore; 05-14-20 at 03:19 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-20, 12:56 AM
Forum Guru

One important point, these guys may have explanations ready.

in fact I would be quiet surprised if they didn't have them ready at the time of release, considering they had committed sociology student on board

If we do interview one of them and this is true it could get quite interesting without getting nasty.

the ultraviolence was ironic but may be too freaky,

so I feel like "Sociology Committed", because I like the idea of sociology in the nuthouse, but think the phrase lacks a certain ring.

any ideas?
Old 05-15-20, 04:28 AM

Thanked 6,371 Times in 3,012 Posts
Kunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore View Post

somebody has to make a response to this, but I dont know how to make a vid.

So I am making this thread to gather and save info and ideas while I learn.

My sister tried to talk me out of doing this, and said "nobody cares"

They should care and on the level of "this might be real"- because in the streets of the US this is real.

The US has a very unpleasant challenging environment for those forced to sleep rough.
The majority in the US now is directly threatened by the high rates of COVID 19 transmission within the homeless population who are forced to live close together for warmth- encouraging situations for the spread ov the virus.

This is an unavoidable truth around the COVID/homelessness intersection.

We have our share of homeless here and I do not envy them in the severe cold.

One important level of such a video would be to point out that the consequences of widespread homelessness impact on the whole society, and are unavoidable.

Whenever you see a crowd all rushing in the same direction on any one issue, run in the opposite direction.

There is neither fun nor profit to be had in polishing the brass knobs on a bandwagon.
Nicholas Nasseem Taleb.

Last edited by Kunga Dorji; 05-15-20 at 04:41 AM..
Old 05-16-20, 10:16 AM
Forum Guru

We are Lucky here in Vancouver, very little Covid, and April may have been thee driest on record.

Here in vancouver rain is the devil, not cold.
The Following User Says Thank You to eeyore For This Useful Post:
namazu (05-16-20)
Old 05-16-20, 01:25 PM
Forum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunga Dorji View Post
They should care and on the level of "this

One important level of such a video would be to point out that the consequences of widespread homelessness impact on the whole society, and are unavoidable.
despite the title in the first doc, it is more about drugs and poverty than actual homelessness.

Not that homelessness doesnt belong in the discussion 100%, but the streets of plenty doc is so muddled and fake that the narrators fake welfare scam doenst even say if he got a rent check or how, and he doesnt even look for a room in the doc, despite being told to by thecop.

5 years after the OP vid there was some bad art going around lol, turned vancouver into oh, cant go there.., Im learning N..

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...tion-1.4366125

Around the mid 2010s vancouver had an all round housing crisis, with inflated rent , ultra low vacancy rates for everybody, so the homeless population swelled quite a bit. Now they put up a bunch of modular housing that helped quite a bit, I think

But even at the time op doc was made [2010] it wasnt exactly a renters paradise here, and this is not given much [or any?] mention in the doc
The Following User Says Thank You to eeyore For This Useful Post:
namazu (05-16-20)
Old 05-16-20, 02:05 PM
Forum Guru

Quote:
5 years after the OP vid there was some bad art going around lol,

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...tion-1.4366125

thought it may be interesting to work that into my doc, but a quick look has me thinking westbank may be demonized a bit here.

btw a fan of their architecture., the Telus Garden building is pretty swank
Old 05-16-20, 02:06 PM

Thanked 23,408 Times in 12,486 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Have ya started filming yet?

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
eeyore (05-16-20)
Old 05-16-20, 02:13 PM
Forum Guru

Filming lol, eta ~ 60 days to start. I think there will be a bit of filming, but a lot more editing already existing footage, footage that seems to me will be like background noise for the narration.

so I guess ill aim for eye candy. Stanley Park and stuff. [well thats one place I can make my own footage]

I first watched Mishas doc in 2017 in stanley park, in a hammock that was my home at the time.

can you spell t r i g g e r r e d ?
Old 05-16-20, 10:56 PM
Forum Guru

Quote:
Yes good call. An indirect approach is in order.
When I said this I was thinking a good way to avoid triggers is not to mention Mishas doc at all, at least not directly.

I thought maybe you were even suggesting that, but not sure.

I change my mind all the time though, back and forth back and forth
Old 05-18-20, 10:30 PM
Forum Guru

got a site up, nothing much there yet.

http://district6.tech/
Old 05-23-20, 05:19 PM

Thanked 1,321 Times in 1,002 Posts
mildadhd has disabled reputation

I did not know it at the time but i learned later that
Tom Waits also had friend named Geoff who actually was a chef.

We will also need to get permission for any songs we use in the focumentary before release.

Been listening to Tom Waits a lot, helps keep me sober

M

Last edited by mildadhd; 05-23-20 at 05:30 PM..