ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-18, 03:02 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,014 Times in 599 Posts
excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold
Early Winter

It feels like we are going to have an early winter this year. I just hope we don't have a lot of snow or ice. My bones don't like the cold. My wallet doesn't like the cold.
The Following User Says Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
Rebelyell (10-20-18)
Old 10-20-18, 03:45 PM

Thanked 3,939 Times in 2,027 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation
Re: Early Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
It feels like we are going to have an early winter this year. I just hope we don't have a lot of snow or ice. My bones don't like the cold. My wallet doesn't like the cold.
Too bad our states can't trade weather. It's 71 degrees and sunny right now where I live. It's been like this all week when normally it should be rainy and cold by now.

I want snow this year, not warmth which is what I expect.
The Following User Says Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
Rebelyell (10-20-18)
Old 10-20-18, 07:06 PM

excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

I would love to have 71degrees at night and during the day time
The Following User Says Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
Rebelyell (10-20-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-18, 08:58 PM

Thanked 10,771 Times in 5,800 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Not looking toward cold weather my body has been hurting badly lately.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
excel (10-20-18), Greyhound1 (10-20-18), Little Missy (10-20-18)
Old 10-20-18, 10:09 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,072 Times in 7,249 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish, I could send you some heat. Went fishing all day yesterday and today and burned up. It was 80 degrees at 6:00 am and got up to 88 quickly and humid as hell. Heat index was 100 and I’m sunburned.

Caught some really nice bass and freed a 6 ft. gator tangled up in a bunch of braided line and snagged in the weeds and Lilly pads. Kept hearing him splashing around and had to do something. Was able to get the boat up next to him and cut the line. He quickly swam back into the lake.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
lisariver (10-21-18), Little Missy (10-20-18)
Old 10-20-18, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
I wish, I could send you some heat. Went fishing all day yesterday and today and burned up. It was 80 degrees at 6:00 am and got up to 88 quickly and humid as hell. Heat index was 100 and Iím sunburned.

Caught some really nice bass and freed a 6 ft. gator tangled up in a bunch of braided line and snagged in the weeds and Lilly pads. Kept hearing him splashing around and had to do something. Was able to get the boat up next to him and cut the line. He quickly swam back into the lake.
Wow, aren't you scared of alligators? I've heard too many stories of kids getting eaten whole by alligators to not be. Plus I watched that great migration video where gators jump out of the water and swallow wildebeest whole as they cross the river.
Old 10-20-18, 10:55 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
Wow, aren't you scared of alligators? I've heard too many stories of kids getting eaten whole by alligators to not be. Plus I watched that great migration video where gators jump out of the water and swallow wildebeest whole as they cross the river.
No, I’m not scared of them. I do respect them though. They usually try to avoid people and have no intentions of interacting, biting or eating you. Swimming in the water at night while they feed is dumb and usually the only time when people get hurt or killed by them.

Sure those were gators in the video? Pretty sure those would be crocodiles if they were going after Wildebeest. They are much more dangerous and aggressive than the American alligator.

Last edited by Greyhound1; 10-20-18 at 11:16 PM..
Old 10-20-18, 11:27 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
Check out this video. This guy operates a wonderful gator rescue and relocation service around here. He loves gators and a real advocate for them. He is totally fearless! They had a tv show for a while called Gator Boys.

Sorry, to get off topic but I like gators and have ADHD too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
lisariver (10-21-18), Little Missy (10-21-18)
Old 10-21-18, 02:27 PM

I turned my heat for the first time this year.
Old 10-21-18, 07:03 PM

Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Ohh look a gator!!instead of the squirrel
Old 10-21-18, 07:09 PM

Been having aching elbows.joints in.fingers n my feet n kneecaps..not sure what im gonna do ibuprofen isn't working it upsets my stomach..the Drs here don't want to prescribe opiates anymore.I had a foot dr that did but it seems after 2 years I wasn't making progress the opiates helped me tho and I don't want to just put a band aid on.problems he said something bout surgery..I don't have the time off or money to do so..physical therapists tell me don't have the surgery.I'm so sick of being in constant pain its getting to be I.just want to.sleep all the time.people at work don't seem to be able to understand the pain tired correlation either even tho I've explained it many times to them..
Old 10-21-18, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
Been having aching elbows.joints in.fingers n my feet n kneecaps..not sure what im gonna do ibuprofen isn't working it upsets my stomach..the Drs here don't want to prescribe opiates anymore.I had a foot dr that did but it seems after 2 years I wasn't making progress the opiates helped me tho and I don't want to just put a band aid on.problems he said something bout surgery..I don't have the time off or money to do so..physical therapists tell me don't have the surgery.I'm so sick of being in constant pain its getting to be I.just want to.sleep all the time.people at work don't seem to be able to understand the pain tired correlation either even tho I've explained it many times to them..
Physical Therapy helped my arthritis. I have arthritis in my neck foot, and spine. my knees too. I haven't had any issues for awhile.
Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
No, Iím not scared of them. I do respect them though. They usually try to avoid people and have no intentions of interacting, biting or eating you. Swimming in the water at night while they feed is dumb and usually the only time when people get hurt or killed by them.

Sure those were gators in the video? Pretty sure those would be crocodiles if they were going after Wildebeest. They are much more dangerous and aggressive than the American alligator.
I watched the video you linked. Wow! I'm surprised the alligator didn't drag the guy further underwater instead of the guy being able to pull the alligator out of the water.

You were right. It's crocodiles going after the wildebeests. That said, last time I was at Disney World, a kid was killed because an alligator bit into his head and dragged him under water. I imagine that happening is as rare as bears killing people at national parks (probably even more rare) so doesn't really say much except I won't be coming too close to the alligators any time soon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
excel (Yesterday), Greyhound1 (Yesterday)