ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-18, 09:58 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,342 Times in 7,392 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Oh no. I hope he will be ok.
He’s good!
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (09-16-18)
Old 09-15-18, 10:14 PM

Thanked 34,110 Times in 15,441 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

So my sole in person fellow mum friend is struggling with depression (her word) and while she knows I have mental health issues (and knows about my most recent hospitalization) we've never really discussed what all I'm diagnosed with (or my numerous prior hospitalizations). She's having a really hard time and feels really alone. I wish she'd talk to a professional but she's kinda locked into that mindset of having to somehow persevere. I think we're going for a short hike on Friday. If she's up for it. I wonder if my being more ...I don't know how to put it...maybe "open" about my situation would somehow convince her to investigate treatment. She just sent me a text that sounds totally like a scream for help from the abyss--not that she's about to die but that she's overwhelmed and exhausted.

People who aren't at that clinical threshold are in my mind suffering a lot in silence because they're high enough functioning to not end up being involuntarily committed and so forth, but are able to continue to be miserable. I also suspect her partner is not "getting" this situation. She's a stay at home mum to FOUR children and they all go to different schools and have various activities. She never gets a break. My lazy *** has one child, who's now in school eight ish hours a day and no scheduled activities (we do stuff but there's no regular classes).
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (09-16-18), Greyhound1 (09-16-18), Lunacie (09-16-18), namazu (09-16-18), thorfinnur (09-16-18), willow129 (09-18-18)
Old 09-15-18, 11:53 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,862 Times in 13,516 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

(((((peri))))) you're not lazy

I hope your friend gets help
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (09-16-18), Greyhound1 (09-16-18), peripatetic (09-16-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-18, 11:55 PM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
Thank you folks for your concern! He and his place luckily, faired quite well. Another 30 miles away was another story.

I'm glad he's okay, Great Hound

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (09-16-18)
Old 09-16-18, 12:29 AM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,342 Times in 7,392 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
So my sole in person fellow mum friend is struggling with depression (her word) and while she knows I have mental health issues (and knows about my most recent hospitalization) we've never really discussed what all I'm diagnosed with (or my numerous prior hospitalizations). She's having a really hard time and feels really alone. I wish she'd talk to a professional but she's kinda locked into that mindset of having to somehow persevere. I think we're going for a short hike on Friday. If she's up for it. I wonder if my being more ...I don't know how to put it...maybe "open" about my situation would somehow convince her to investigate treatment. She just sent me a text that sounds totally like a scream for help from the abyss--not that she's about to die but that she's overwhelmed and exhausted.

People who aren't at that clinical threshold are in my mind suffering a lot in silence because they're high enough functioning to not end up being involuntarily committed and so forth, but are able to continue to be miserable. I also suspect her partner is not "getting" this situation. She's a stay at home mum to FOUR children and they all go to different schools and have various activities. She never gets a break. My lazy *** has one child, who's now in school eight ish hours a day and no scheduled activities (we do stuff but there's no regular classes).
I think being open will really help her if she’s receptive. Knowing how well you can relate hopefully, is a bonding experience and therapeutic. You know as much or more than most professionals and more experience. It sounds like she’s needs your help. Perhaps opening up a little or a lot will convince her to heed your concerns.

You’re far from lazy. Maintaining your mental health is a full time job. Raising a beautiful child is more than a full time job. Maintaining a household is a full time job. Maintaining a relationship with your m is a job. Working here is a job. You’re not lazy!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (09-16-18), peripatetic (09-16-18)
Old 09-16-18, 05:48 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,633 Times in 15,114 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My lazy *** has one child, who's now in school eight ish hours a day and no scheduled activities (we do stuff but there's no regular classes).

OMG Peri you are so not lazy. I think you do an amazing job with E. Things have been difficult for sure but that girl knows you love her. Put down the bat. You have beaten yourself up enough already.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (09-16-18), Lunacie (09-16-18), midnightstar (09-16-18), peripatetic (09-16-18), psychopathetic (09-16-18)
Old 09-16-18, 04:37 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

I wanted to show the girls that i like to my mom
But her comments made me angry
Someone with child or someone with big age difference
I already told her these things are not important to me and i wont be adking her thoughts anymore
If someone does same, i wouldnt show that much tolerance to another person

My father is very understanding , he tells me that be with whoever ypu like
“I dont have a position to tell you anything in this topic,it is your life”
So he doesnt make any comments if i m happy

My mother has different values.I can understand , she said ok , “just telling my opinion”

But it is still annoying

I am sure that my reaction will be different to whoever do the same

Actually , i do not seek approve from parents, i never did it in my life. I always did what i thought is right

But i like sharing with them like a friend, because they never acted like authority figure
In general i hate authority figures

But really it can cause break up with anyone or serious conflict
With a friend or relative
Nobody can tell me who should i like or criteria for it

Air Nomad Guru Laghima

Last edited by Emre22; 09-16-18 at 04:47 PM..
Old 09-16-18, 04:57 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

Actually it wasnt completely annoying discussion
I was talking about a girl that who expect me to eat beans all the time
No animal production
She laughed and told she should have showed some tolerance
I dont feel okay with it too, can be vegan or vegatarian in the future
But it needs time and new nutrition habit
Probably she was looking for a vegan because she was too hard on this topic

My mother was open minded in this issue, she isnt old fashioned that much

Rest of all , we didnt have any conflict with the girl that i match
But i cant eat beans all day lol
She only offered me beans, if i stop cheese,milk,yoghurt,egg,meat etc

I live in dormitory , dont have time to cook
Always buying from restaurant , cafe etc
I need to get protein
Cant do it now
Need better conditions

Air Nomad Guru Laghima
Old 09-17-18, 03:39 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,377 Times in 13,997 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Got finally the appointment with my psychiatrist today and now of course I don't want to go and I don't want to tell them anything. Also it's right bang during fuzzling s nap time so I've got no idea how to organise
around thAt . I should have woken her early today so she can have an early nap but of course I didn't wake up early enough myself. She's going to be cranky and won't let me talk. Not that I want to talk. Ughj also I've been so frustrated the last few days (and we had major wasp drama last night and I shattered a glass in the attempt to catch the wasp. We can still find pieces all over the bedroom though I vacuum cleaned. So I can't even bring fuzzling in here today) I've been eating a ton of chocolates and sweets and my skin looks like **** apart from that I'm.just getting fatter and fatter.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (09-17-18), psychopathetic (09-17-18)
Old 09-17-18, 03:46 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,413 Times in 7,672 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
we had major wasp drama last night and I shattered a glass in the attempt to catch the wasp.
Okay, so I know it's not funny...
But...

I'm sorry!!

Okay...

I'm done laughing..
oh crap...

Damn it! I can't help it!!!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (09-17-18)
Old 09-17-18, 03:53 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,377 Times in 13,997 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Okay, so I know it's not funny...
But...

I'm sorry!!

Okay...

I'm done laughing..
oh crap...

Damn it! I can't help it!!!
in my mind it made perfect sense to use the glass but the wasp went crazy nasty little beast and flew against my hand and so of course I just dropped the glass.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (09-17-18)
Old 09-17-18, 03:55 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Okay.../phew! Now that that's out of my system...

I find some of the best sessions I've had with my therapists over the years have been in sessions where I'm tired and just don't want to be there.
Not always. Sometimes I'll buckle up in the session and will just leave feeling frustrated and angry.

But sometimes...some of my walls will be lowered because I'm tired...and I'll just be honest and let things out that I'd usually hold back...and yeah, the sessions would just end up being very productive for me.

Something I'd suggest (lmao! I just had a major brain fart and couldn't figure out how in the world to spell that word! I ended up spelling it 'sudjest' lmao...thank goodness for spell checking haha)...

Anyhow...

Something I'd SUGGEST ( I did it!!) is writing down a list of things to bring up in your session. Also...don't put the list away...you can fold it up...but keep it in hand as you walk into the facility and into their office. If you put it in your pocket or your purse...you might be like me and not have the will to bring it back out during the session.

Another sudjestion () I have...is going out to your back yard, gathering up some sticks and dead dried up leaves...putting all in a little pile and lighting it on fire.
This is so that you can throw the bat you're beating yourself with into it and be done with it!

(((((((My-Favoritest-Fuzz-Fuzz)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (09-17-18), Lunacie (09-17-18), willow129 (09-18-18)
Old 09-17-18, 04:11 AM
Committee Member

Finally found a great match
We have each others number
I dont know how it came to that topic
But topic is about having child , and %100 she wants
Why why

Positive side she has ADHD too

Air Nomad Guru Laghima
The Following User Says Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-18, 04:18 AM

(((((((Ems)))))))

Hope things work out!!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (09-17-18)
Old 09-17-18, 04:32 AM

Eek Fuzzy I wouldn't be attempting to catch a wasp, you're braver than me

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post: