ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Dexedrine/Dextrostat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Dexedrine/Dextrostat (dextroamphetamine)

Old 11-24-19, 12:44 PM

adderallxr_pres is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Heart burn issues, stomach issues when taking it?

My doctor says or believes that dextro or amphetamines, in general, do not interfere or do not produce heartburn.

I'm writing here to wonder if that's accurate.

Because I've sometimes experienced very weird stomach functions when taking dextro.

This mostly happens when I take it early in the morning. I usually do this before breakfast, and only take it when I've had a heavy dinner. Because I believe when I sleep, I use up all the food I've eaten, and then the medication does not mix-up with any food and is more effective/noticeable.

I also do not eat for 40+ minutes after taking it, and I make sure I drink lots of water.

But I've been getting pretty "belching". One day, I've had one that lasted for 4 hours. I also get heartburns more often, whenever I eat fast food (before) I never get bad hb's but I believe dextro and amphs have changed the environment of my stomach acidity.

Has anyone experienced the same? What have you done to change?
I started eating a light snack in the morning before taking it. The burps and belching lowered. I now feel a left side pressure when I breath deep, could be unrelated but that's probably for a GP visit.