ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Diagnosis & Treatment This forum is for the discussion of issues related to the diagnosis of AD/HD

Old 01-05-19, 12:24 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 11,399 Times in 5,569 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute
stopping all medication

this is a personal decision im making and wanted somewhere to look back at it

in no way does this mean im anti med or suggesting that anyone else do this

I'm doing it for myself for my own reasons

I'm on Prozac,buspar,Wellbutrin,adderall,neltrexone (for off label anxiety not drug abuse)

although most of my issues are likely a snowball my official dx are

ADHD hyper and inattentive

anxiety

social anxiety
bipolar 1 (though ive only had 1 true episode of mania over a decade ago, but plenty of hypomania)
avoidant personality disorder

While the meds numb my anxiety and depression a bit I feel like Ive gone into a state of auto pilot and really life has become more of a chore

well I just was wanting to track my progress and get any feedback
Greyhound1 (01-05-19), peripatetic (01-07-19), PoppnNSailinMan (02-20-19), tudorose (01-08-19)
Old 01-05-19, 05:03 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,430 Times in 7,858 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: stopping all medication

Hey Dave,
I think you should give it a try so you can evaluate and track effectiveness along with identifying possible interactions. Interactions can be serious between Prozac and Wellbutrin and Prozac and Buspar quoted below.

Given the fact you take other medications as well that could also contribute to some negative interactions, I think a break from the meds. to re-evaluate is a good idea. Best of luck finding the most effective treatment with the least amount of negative side effects and interactions.

I was on Lexapro and Buspar for about a year and it really screwed me up.

Quote:
FLUOXETINE ORAL AND BUSPIRONE ORAL

Serious - Use Alternative. Potential for serious interaction; regular monitoring by your doctor required

fluoxetine oral and buspirone oral both increase affecting serotonin levels in the blood. Too much serotonin is a potentially life-threatening situation. Severe signs and symptoms include high blood pressure and increased heart rate that lead to shock.
Quote:
FLUOXETINE ORAL AND BUPROPION HCL ORAL

Serious - Use Alternative. Potential for serious interaction; regular monitoring by your doctor required or alternate medication may be needed

fluoxetine oral increases toxicity of bupropion hcl oral by unspecified interaction mechanism. Keep bupropion dose as low as possible as seizures may occur.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
daveddd (01-05-19)
Old 01-05-19, 06:31 PM

daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
Hey Dave,
I think you should give it a try so you can evaluate and track effectiveness along with identifying possible interactions. Interactions can be serious between Prozac and Wellbutrin and Prozac and Buspar quoted below.

Given the fact you take other medications as well that could also contribute to some negative interactions, I think a break from the meds. to re-evaluate is a good idea. Best of luck finding the most effective treatment with the least amount of negative side effects and interactions.

I was on Lexapro and Buspar for about a year and it really screwed me up.
yea, and im on the max dose of pretty much everything for depression

ive tried it all , at this point I think I need to feel life again, no matter the consequences
Greyhound1 (01-05-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-19, 07:51 PM

Thanked 22,449 Times in 12,085 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

you'll be pretty uncomfortable for a week or two probably

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Alphawave (01-06-19), daveddd (01-05-19), stef (01-05-19)
Old 01-05-19, 07:59 PM

yea, I cant really recall a time when ive been comfortable in my own body anyway

ill be fine

Last edited by namazu; 01-05-19 at 09:53 PM.. Reason: Removed guideline violation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daveddd For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-05-19), stef (01-05-19)
Old 01-06-19, 11:03 AM

you know the old saying by some philomolosifer , what comes up must come down

well what goes down must come up

crazy how I go from yesterday not leaving my couch, ignoring phone calls

to today, radio blasting, dripping sweat from running around my house

10 am ive texted half the contacts in my phone

no substances at all

the 4th day I haven't loaded myself with serotonin though
Greyhound1 (01-07-19), Little Missy (01-06-19)
Old 01-06-19, 11:41 PM

DUBL07 is on a distinguished road

I stopped my adderall too, just made me jittery all the time. didn't really see much benefit being on it. tried many other meds too and just didn't really like any of them. I did notice coming off adderall my brain fog was glorious haha. To the point i could barely remember anything. The junky crash was terrible but subsided after a week. I see my doc again this month and we can talk about meds again i suppose. I feel like i wasted my time even getting diagnosed. Haven't really accomplished much since, and i already knew i had attention issues. Just now i have a piece of paper to confirm it. Like all things in life it boils down to a piece of paper. I think with adhd you build things up a lot. Like meds i heard others stories about taking them and boom they were getting straight A's in college. You visualize something and hope and dream, and boom it doesn't happen that way for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to DUBL07 For This Useful Post:
daveddd (01-07-19)
Old 01-07-19, 11:56 AM

Thanked 27,523 Times in 13,324 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

I am only on Ritalin and I am a trainwreck without it;
but really prozac made me a complete zombie and if its true that anti- depressants are not always good for adhd...i hope this works out for you

i would worry about some kind of withdrawal, though
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
daveddd (01-07-19)
Old 01-07-19, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
I am only on Ritalin and I am a trainwreck without it;
but really prozac made me a complete zombie and if its true that anti- depressants are not always good for adhd...i hope this works out for you

i would worry about some kind of withdrawal, though
honestly, I really think its nice of you guys to care

but ive been through much worse, wont get into, but it will make this seem like a vacation

ill be fine, I think im on day 5-6 already
Little Missy (01-07-19), stef (01-08-19)
Old 01-07-19, 06:03 PM

and really I think this is less about the stimulant, I may start myself back on that once im completely back to baseline
Old 01-07-19, 07:22 PM

Thanked 34,235 Times in 15,486 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

bon courage with going off. i really hope you are able to do so safely and effectively. and then i'll just be envious. ; ) xx
The Following User Says Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
daveddd (01-07-19)
Old 01-07-19, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
bon courage with going off. i really hope you are able to do so safely and effectively. and then i'll just be envious. ; ) xx
thanks peri, I don't think I'll be anything to envy

there will be some very very down times

thing is I still have down times now, but no up times, im completely anhedonic

its not worth it
peripatetic (01-08-19), stef (01-08-19)
Old 01-08-19, 02:51 AM

Thanked 5,616 Times in 2,422 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

I'm off all meds. It's daily struggle but there's not a lot of choice for me. I've had to lower my expectations a lot.
daveddd (01-08-19), Little Missy (01-19-19), stef (01-08-19)
Old 01-18-19, 12:15 PM

15 days haven't had much withdrawal besides low energy . I know with the massive amount of serotonin I was taking im probably no where near baseline yet though
Greyhound1 (01-20-19), tudorose (01-19-19)
Old 01-18-19, 01:49 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

If you have bipolar, i recommend you to not stop taking medications

Being on multiple anti-depressants already increases risk of triggering a hypomanic or manic episode.

I checked your post and i saw that you aren't on any mood stabilizer and anti-psychotic, you should get treatment for your Bipolar first, then you should focus on others. BP can make your other disorders' situation worse.