ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Desoxyn
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Desoxyn methamphetamine hydrochloride (also known as desoxyephedrine)

Old 07-15-13, 01:14 PM

whaddyacallit is on a distinguished road
Re: The Holy Grail? -Desoxyn(Help Choosing an Alternative)

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegewriter View Post
In my experience the closest medication to Desoxyn, is Dexedrine. It's not nearly as good since it feels like Desoxyn but with magnified side-effects, but it is the closest in terms of effects that I have tried.
You might try Vyvanse. I find it's a lot like Desoxyn only lasts longer and you don't get the ups and downs and crash like you do with Dexedrine.
Old 07-15-13, 02:17 PM
Jr Member

collegewriter is on a distinguished road
Re: The Holy Grail? -Desoxyn(Help Choosing an Alternative)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaddyacallit View Post
You might try Vyvanse. I find it's a lot like Desoxyn only lasts longer and you don't get the ups and downs and crash like you do with Dexedrine.
Thanks, but you misunderstand me. I was saying how I find Desoxyn to be superior to Dexedrine. I find Desoxyn to be the most effective treatment for me.
Old 07-18-13, 11:21 AM

stanses is on a distinguished road
Re: The Holy Grail? -Desoxyn Journal

Desoxyns great; it feels so natural, it worked for me better than Dexedrine does, not as good as Adderall; but only because the little 5 mg tabs; it's just not feasible as to how expensive it is being that it only comes in a 5mg tab. This company frustrates me due to the fact they have an excellent ADD medicine that's been around SO long, and that they will not make it in any size greater than 5mg. They are basically sitting on a goldmine and don't even know it. The company who makes it are clueless to what a great drug it is and probably doesn't even realize they make it. "oh it's just one of the drugs we make, I don't even know what it's for," they'd probably say.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-14, 12:39 PM
ADDvanced Member

andy1027 is on a distinguished road
Re: Switching to Desoxyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambourine-man View Post
Well, I think it has taken full effect. I'm not sure. It is very subtle and smooth. Also, it is extremely relaxing. I feel like I've just finished a marathon night in the sack.

It is not very physically energizing, but really does seem to be without PNS stimulation. I'm sitting here watching a movie and have no desire to get up and find something to do. Adderall is impossible to relax on. Dexedrine is easier, but still a bit forceful. On this Desoxyn (btw, I took 10mg) I feel... normal. Anyway, I think this is what normal feels like. I certainly don't feel medicated.

I still think Adderall is more recreational, but I guess I imagine an amphetamine high to be a very physical experience. Desoxyn seems entirely mental.

It is too early to tell for sure, but I think I like it pretty well. It certainly has an greater axiolytic effect. My anxiety has increased recently. I'm autistic and have bad meltdowns. This forced switch to Desoxyn may be just what I needed.
So far this stuff sounds fantastic! I wish it was available in the UK!!!

Diagnosed with ADHD in Summer 2003.

My ADHD sometimes looked like innatentive type, but I feel that this was because of the untreated anxiety.
Old 03-31-14, 04:45 AM
Contributor

HADDaball has disabled reputation

I find it ironic the OP praised desoxyn so much but their sig says Adderall. If it was so great, why change?
Old 04-30-15, 03:45 AM

stanses is on a distinguished road

Why change; for the exact reasons I stated: "it's just not feasible as to how expensive it is being that it only comes in a 5mg tab." As in paying 500$ a month for only 20 mg/day simply because I have to pay for 4 tablets per day (20 mg's), versus 60 mg's of Adderall per day (3x's that amount) for less than a hundred dollars a month.

Last edited by someothertime; 04-30-15 at 07:14 AM.. Reason: Removed erroneous content
Old 04-30-15, 06:38 PM
Jr Member

omygaudio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HADDaball View Post
I find it ironic the OP praised desoxyn so much but their sig says Adderall. If it was so great, why change?
OP said its "not as good as Adderall".
Old 06-10-15, 07:53 AM
Contributor

baical will become famous soon enough

OP, meth is relaxing? I feel as if Vyvanse is. My doc told me this is life changing but so far I haven't seen much life changes. I was hoping he'd step it up to dexedrine and or desoxyn or even just as a booster for the Vyvanse. How does one get a booster anyway? I've heard of people who are on Vyvanse get Adderall IR as their booster. I would think a booster amphetamine would have to be instant release so that it gets utilized and leave the body faster in time for bed. Is this about right? Considering Vyvanse is slow release, I would assume I'd need a booster mid day. My dose is 30 mg Vyvanse. I notice it working within after 2 hours of taking it, and it seems to peak within 5 hours total, as far as confidence level goes and this is with zinc so that's helping it. Without zinc, the confidence level isn't even noticeable. I still think Desoxyn is king but the doc seem hesitant to let me get it even said it was only for weight loss.
Old 06-10-15, 08:40 AM
Contributor

baical will become famous soon enough

Curious if "boosters" are covered by insurance?
Old 06-10-15, 05:37 PM

Headroom is on a distinguished road

I hope that the perspective I am about to share does not go against the forum's rules. I am doing it to describe functional aspects of several research chemical closely related to Dosoxyn. For those who do not know, in this context Research Chemicals (RCs) are recreational drugs which have not yet been scheduled by governments and, just like already scheduled recreational drugs, some of them have useful non-recreational properties.

I've read multiple claims in the recreational RC space that 4-fma is the closest thing to the methamphetamine. I don't have personal experience to compare them from the recreational perspective, but I can say that 4-fma is a great capability enhancer. There are also 2-fa and 2-fma which are universally recognized as productivity tools. I concur with that. Unlike 4-fma, Adderall and dextraamphetamine, they have pure functional. 4-fma can be very euphoric, but the euphoria it brings does not take away from productivity. You can work on it with a tremendous speed and efficacy while feeling a pleasant buzz in your body. That pleasant buzz will go away after a few day, but the functional aspects, while diminished will persist longer. Caveat Emptor: Beyond this everything that applies to other amphetamines applies to it as well.
Old 03-08-16, 11:52 PM
Contributor

Bouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by baical View Post
Curious if "boosters" are covered by insurance?
Not sure if Ritalin is a valid comparison, but I take Concerta 36 mg with a Ritalin 10 mg IR booster - I get 60-day supplies with one script. Kaiser covers both scripts. Methylphenidate is super-cheap, so that may be why my insurance covers both.
Old 04-09-17, 11:25 PM

chiefbandit is on a distinguished road

everybody here is talking about Vyvanse ,Adderall, d-amp,d-meth , desoxyn and dexedrine. But my third-world country has nothing. The Ritalin 10 mg that is available here is quite expensive and is not working enough for me at low dosages. So, my psychiatrist and i were stuck for like eight months or so until one day he says heck it all, take the one that others take for recreational use. Desoxyn's street brethren. At first, i was like quite skeptical, dont people do like sniffing and stuff on that thing? Then, i went on to do research about it and took the plunge.
It really works for me , except that i found out in a hard way that you cannot take it with SSRIs. And, that, i should limit my alcohol intake while on it.
Also, i read online that those pills has like 45mg in them. I take one a day, from monday to friday(work days), i will crash on Saturdays and Sundays, sleep the whole day and eat the whole day.I am a non-smoker, but while on it, i will chain smoke. I think it has sth to do with 1 and 3(or 4 was it?)dopamine receptors revving up to their normal levels(or more).
It doesnt give me hand tremors like Ritalin does, in fact, it helps controls the hand jitters i get from too much coffee and or social anxiety. I find that my heartbeat is stronger than normal through out the day as well.

Last edited by chiefbandit; 04-09-17 at 11:41 PM..
Old 04-10-17, 04:44 AM

chiefbandit is on a distinguished road

However, i am becoming very nervous sometimes, and i read in online forums that long-term usage can result in the user becoming manic and or very paranoid like he thinks everybody is plotting against him,or that he get suicidal and commit suicide.Or does it only apply to those who "chase the dragon" like sniff the meth out of bottles and stuff who use it for recreational purpose or abuse it. I also heard that meth is neurotoxic to dopamingenic receptors or sth like that..
Old 04-10-17, 08:32 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,275 Times in 14,937 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

This sounds like amphetamine psychosis which can occur with any type of amphetamine.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 04-12-17, 12:31 AM
Contributor

Bouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to allBouncingoffwall is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefbandit View Post
However, i am becoming very nervous sometimes, and i read in online forums that long-term usage can result in the user becoming manic and or very paranoid like he thinks everybody is plotting against him,or that he get suicidal and commit suicide.Or does it only apply to those who "chase the dragon" like sniff the meth out of bottles and stuff who use it for recreational purpose or abuse it. I also heard that meth is neurotoxic to dopamingenic receptors or sth like that..
Generally, amphetamine psychosis occurs in doses well above the therapeutic limit. And the jury is still out as to whether meth is actually neurotoxic at low doses.

Desoxyn (or any stimulant) is generally recognized as safe at doses at or below the therapeutic limit. It's only contraindicated in individuals who have a history of prior psychosis, high blood pressure or cardiovascular disease.

The user you mentioned may have been abusing his medication, or was already schizophrenic and would've had a psychotic break regardless of stimulant use.