ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Old 12-25-17, 09:15 PM

MilosM is on a distinguished road
Overnight guests

This might not be directly related to ADHD, but I just wanted to see if there are other people here who hate overnight guests. It does not matter who that is, but that someone is going to mess me up completely. I am extremely hyperactive, and if I want to be able to focus on anything I have to make weird noises while doing whatever. It's even worse that I read a lot at night, so I tend to read out loud and angrily repeat parts that my mind is refusing to memorize.

I have plenty of other rituals but the problem is that I have to suspend all of them because although those who live with me are used to this, other people obviously are not.

Anyone else hates overnight guests? I intend to end this practice before it even becomes a habbit, which will get me burnt at the stake where I live, but oh well.

Sorry for bad English, my mind is just not functioning well right now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MilosM For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-26-17), stef (12-26-17)
Old 12-26-17, 06:54 AM
ADDvanced Member

Ronelh has disabled reputation
Re: Overnight guests

Well, I love my guests personally- that is, they are nice people and good friends, etc. But I hate HOSTING guests. Mainly because it means I have to pay attention to a lot of details that I normally don't need to pay attention to, which means I am likely to forget stuff. And with guests, it isn't really very welcoming if you forget to provide them with a towel or soap!

Also, I am not a good cook as I have a hard time concentrating on all the mundane details involved with cooking, so by myself I usually heat up leftovers or do simple meals. But with guests you need to be a bit fancier than that.

So I don't mind the idea of hosting guests, but I don't like the practice of it. It is stressful and exhausting for me, as I try to manage and remember all the details to make the person welcome... and usually end up apologizing repeatedly for all the things I forget!

And by the way, Milos, I think your English is pretty good!
MilosM (12-26-17)
Old 12-26-17, 07:20 AM

MilosM is on a distinguished road

Exactly. I don't hate people, but there is not a single person on the planet who I would want to have as a guest for two days straight.

I am never sure how good or bad my English is. When I am unable to focus my writing suffers but I am not even able to notice it.
The Following User Says Thank You to MilosM For This Useful Post:
Ronelh (12-27-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-17, 05:25 AM

Han123 has a spectacular aura aboutHan123 has a spectacular aura about

I like cooking for friends once in a while and just chilling at home (I'm not a big fan of going out to bars/clubs and stuff), but I also hate overnight guests. I too have rituals that I don't like to be disturbed. And I hate feeling like I have to entertain people. I remember when I was a kid I had a friend who would stay over regularly, but she liked to sleep really long and for some reason always wanted me to stay in my room with her till she 'was ready to go downstairs'. I would send my mom a text asking to come get me and she would barge into the room angry about me having to do this or that. All lies just to get me out of the room haha. Then I would have a few hours to myself before she woke up, which was great. The girl is still my friend and we laugh about it now, but back then she had no idea what an elaborate plan it was. A while ago another girl who works near to where I live had her car break down and she asked me if she could stay over because she had an early shift and didn't want to take the bus all the way from her house. I said yes, even though I didn't feel like it at all, which was a big mistake. She woke me up at 5 AM complaining that it was too dark and she was scared to go alone (I live in a very safe area - fyi). It took me almost an hour to get her out out of my house and I was super ****** off about it. She obviously wanted me to drive her, even though it was only 2 km and 5AM IN THE F** MORNING.