ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Old 04-10-08, 03:50 PM
ADDvanced Member

Brakna will become famous soon enough
Re: The Relationship - vent thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron View Post
aren't relationships and marriage so much fun! I'm glad I'm single! I used to stress over wishing I was married. Brakna, see what your NOT missing. Relationships, usually have a lot of rocky times, even for people who are compatiable. Communication is probably the NUMBER ONE factor in success in long term relationship and marriage. Problem is that women and men usually communicate differently. Some people manage to make it work(50 percent?). Not many do though.
Ever since I've been on meds, I'm not interested in dating or settling down at all right now. I really like where I'm at right now and don't need a relationship to feel better about myself
Old 04-10-08, 05:12 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

ADDAWAY is a splendid one to beholdADDAWAY is a splendid one to beholdADDAWAY is a splendid one to beholdADDAWAY is a splendid one to beholdADDAWAY is a splendid one to beholdADDAWAY is a splendid one to beholdADDAWAY is a splendid one to beholdADDAWAY is a splendid one to behold

Interesting article, Brakna. I'm checking out the ratios ... looks like I got a sweet deal!! :-)
Old 04-11-08, 11:53 AM
Forum Guru

cameron has a spectacular aura aboutcameron has a spectacular aura about

Brakna, that's great. I wish I could find some meds that work. They ALL make me tired and unmotivated! anyway, nice to hear that things are working out for you.

Regarding the article....I liked it! I don't agree with it all, but I do agree that most guys place more importance female physcial appearance than women do. That is me for sure! I tend to only want to date and have serious relationships with woman I'm really attracted to(and I have had a hard time meeting them the last 3-5 years or so). I have had several girlfriends(in the last 2 years), but I felt they were not as attactive as I was(especially being in good physical shape), hense the relationships didn't work out. But I do see plenty of woman with average looking guys, and this does frustrate me sometimes. I always tell myself...he must have; money, be really funny, or something else. Because he is not on par with her looks!

But at the same time, I think most couples are on the same level when it comes to the looks department. You rarely see beautiful woman with ugly guys, maybe not always "GQ" model types, but not unnatactive guys. I place myself in between the "GQ model type" and above average looking guy. A lot of woman are just as concerned about looks as men are. I have met plenty of them. They are also sometimes more picky.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-08, 12:02 PM
Forum Guru

cameron has a spectacular aura aboutcameron has a spectacular aura about

I forgot to mention the part about the "grass is always greener" mentality! that was me totally with several of my girlfriends. I didn't like that feeling, because I felt like would probably cheat on them in the future if we kept going out, etc. I don't want to do that. Hense why I need to find a woman with similar physical attractiveness. Another probably with above average looking woman(on the ratings scale that would be a 7 or higher! ) and ESPECIALLY beautiful, model type woman(8.5 or higher), from my experience they are; nasty, very sefl-absorbed, no personality, have a "mean" streak, or very high maintence, and need a guy with a lot of money, so they can travel,and go to expensive restaurants, etc.... Not all of them are like this, but a good majority(I would guess 70 percent or more). I'm looking for a woman who is 7-8 on the ratings scale myself. Sorry guys and gals, but a LOT of guys use this "men ratings scale for a woman's looks" and I know women who do it to men as well.
Old 04-16-08, 08:03 PM

perpetualmotion will become famous soon enough

MEH..... just a generic rant... b/f really setting me off today being inconsiderate, and now I'm all floopy... tried to explain about ADHD and he's just rolling his eyes & shaking his head like I'm a 2 year old (tested him online last night... guess what - yes him too)... so ggrrrr rant meh blah etc etc etc.

Maybe a long distance relationship would be better suited to my apparent wierdness. bleh.

*end rant*

(I'm kinda new here btw - hi everyone. heh.)

Especially at night .... I worry over situations
I know will be alright .... Perhaps it's just imagination

~ Colin Hay, Overkill
Old 04-16-08, 08:09 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,010 Posts
Driver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by perpetualmotion View Post
MEH..... just a generic rant... b/f really setting me off today being inconsiderate, and now I'm all floopy... tried to explain about ADHD and he's just rolling his eyes & shaking his head like I'm a 2 year old (tested him online last night... guess what - yes him too)... so ggrrrr rant meh blah etc etc etc.

Maybe a long distance relationship would be better suited to my apparent wierdness. bleh.

*end rant*

(I'm kinda new here btw - hi everyone. heh.)
Hi PerpetualMotion, welcome aboard. Feel free to vent your spleen here, and btw, we obey the laws of thermal dynamics on this board
Old 04-16-08, 08:26 PM

perpetualmotion will become famous soon enough

TY for the welcome

Especially at night .... I worry over situations
I know will be alright .... Perhaps it's just imagination

~ Colin Hay, Overkill
Old 04-20-08, 12:17 AM
Jr Member

neuroticme is on a distinguished road
Re: Why the opposite sex is frustrating - vent thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
Sometimes I wish I was straight. Guys seem to be a lot less complicated.
They're not. They're just different.
Old 04-20-08, 12:21 AM
Jr Member

neuroticme is on a distinguished road
Re: Why the opposite sex is frustrating - vent thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy H. View Post
LOL...don't you believe that L....don't even give it 2 seconds thought
if they are LESS complicated, they are 100x more frustrating..and they smell
I'll second that one!
Old 04-22-08, 02:18 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,383 Times in 6,106 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Regarding the article....I liked it! I don't agree with it all, but I do agree that most guys place more importance female physcial appearance than women do.
cameron perhaps this thread would be of interest to you:

Princess type vs girl next door - what do men really want in a woman
. . . .

{I dropped my spoon . . . . . }

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 04-22-08, 02:22 AM
Super Meowaderator

meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute

Gary would get his tractor refurbished if he spent more time actually working on it and less time on e-bay buying crap for it . . . . I have enough duplicate tractor part I think I could swing a second tractor - gee try using those e-bay receipts in a file folder as a list so you don't keep buying the same parts over and over - it isn't rocket science I swear . . . . {they say women are bad about blowing money . . . .}

Old 05-09-08, 02:16 PM
Contributor

texasmissb is just really nicetexasmissb is just really nicetexasmissb is just really nicetexasmissb is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadd823 View Post
Gary would get his tractor refurbished if he spent more time actually working on it and less time on e-bay buying crap for it . . . . I have enough duplicate tractor part I think I could swing a second tractor - gee try using those e-bay receipts in a file folder as a list so you don't keep buying the same parts over and over - it isn't rocket science I swear . . . . {they say women are bad about blowing money . . . .}
OMG Mead you have the exact same rant as me! My bf lives on ebay and the house is overflowing. I just checked his ebay watch list and thought just how much crap is he going to buy for the tractor. Tractor was just bought off Craigs list (I'm the one who told him about Craige List, I know I had a major brain fart when I did it). Anyway tractor was supposed to be mine and much needed as we will save that in a couple years on hay. His constant spending of money makes me crazy because its usually not needed. Plus he just bought diesel and it was 4.20 a gallon! He never combines his trips to town and runs the road. Another thing he has done is bought large items on ebay and never picked them up. I could literally live on the money he waste. And yes I thought the women were the ones that do this. I think my mother burned me out watching her buy and duplicate buy also, on the home shopping club. HSC makes me want to poke my eyeballs out when I see it. I cant say much because I spend a fortune on animals and he grew up on a ranch where they were very old school about animal care. The first time he ever saw me rush a dog to the emergency room I thought he was going to pass out. He now will ask what the vet bill was and I'll say it none of your business and you dont want to know. He is getting better about it. The biggest problem he had was when I took one in and they couldnt save her, I think he thought something to the effect of, "we dont bring a live dog back the vet shouldn't charge?????? He is changing though. When I met him it was no animals in the house but the cat, than no animals on the furnisher, and now its o.k. both dogs sleep on couch so please keep them bathed and long hair clipped off. I really have no idea what to do about the over spending thing, he is the one who makes almost all of the money so I dont feel right about *****ing but sometimes I loose it and have total screaming meltdowns over all the stuff. It is very hard when you have ADD and live with a hoarder (he is unofficially diagnosed by me) I already have big time issues trying to clean especially the putting stuff away part. That is the part that totally overwhelms me and the way I have handled this in the past was have a very minimal amount of s*^t . I always had several boxes in a closet of stuff I didnt know what to with but wanted. Living with him..........I go from cleaning around all of it and saying its his problem not mine and it doesnt have to bother me...to.... Damn it I want a cute, organised home. I have never found a way to bring this up without starting a fight and have tried different tactics. I asked his kids if he did this when he was married to their mother and they said no, that I started it . I did get him into antiques, auctions, and craigs list but had no idea at first. Anyway our house will just eat us one day and no one will ever find us.
Old 05-20-08, 07:06 AM
Super Meowaderator

That man I swear he could sleep though an air raid - I am so jealous I want to sleep but I can't - with it being 6:30am I see no need to trying to do so now.

I think it is Gary's turn to be the girl - womanhood sucks

Old 05-20-08, 09:19 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,010 Posts
Driver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadd823 View Post
I think it is Gary's turn to be the girl - womanhood sucks
Being a guy is no better: we have our own set of problems, plus we have to deal with woman's problems too
Old 05-30-08, 06:15 PM
Super Meowaderator

Quote:
Being a guy is no better: we have our own set of problems, plus we have to deal with woman's problems too
Being a man sucks too - man that does suck !!!!