ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-17, 01:45 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 22,674 Times in 10,451 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
idk if I deserve the good things I have in my life or if one day everything's going to come crashing down around my ears again one day.
I don't believe life actually rewards or punishes us for what we do, or don't do.

So if everything comes crashing down around your ears some day in future,
it won't be because of your self-worth. ****e just happens.

But ... if life did reward us that way, you'd deserve all the good things you have
now and many more. I am convinced of that.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (02-16-17), midnightstar (02-16-17), psychopathetic (02-16-17)
Old 02-16-17, 01:51 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 11,713 Times in 5,836 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
idk if I deserve the good things I have in my life
I don't know how you could ever wonder this :*(.

Of course you deserve the good things.
Look at all you've been through in your life...look at how hard you work right now, look at all the love and care you give to your 2 kitties, look at all the love and support you give to us here at ADDF. Not to mention the dog kennel you volunteer at when you can!

Of all the people who should wonder this in the world...it sure shouldn't be you! You absolutely DO deserve the good things you have! No question in my mind! I don't care if you've made mistakes in your life...they don't define who you are or what you've become.

Now take that bat turd fart of a thought and kick it right out of your head! Thoughts like that aren't welcome here!!

"Be gentle with yourself tonight.
You've been here before. You might be here again.
But in between, you have a chance.
Snatch that f'n thing up and use it for all it's worth."

--
Unmanagable
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (02-16-17), Hermus (02-16-17), Lunacie (02-16-17), midnightstar (02-16-17), stef (02-16-17), Wuvmy3kitties (02-16-17)
Old 02-16-17, 02:30 PM
Suspended Account

Wuvmy3kitties will become famous soon enough

Excellent post psycho!!
I think it's safe to say everyone here has fought some tough battles, and are deserving of what we have. ADD/ADHD isn't easy, but having a friends network helps give it a kick in the ahem...!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wuvmy3kitties For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (02-16-17), psychopathetic (02-16-17), stef (02-16-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-17, 02:40 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 16,938 Times in 9,642 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Ebony's got a upset tummy again tonight, she's not eaten much and brought back up what little she did eat

Have to see how her tummy copes during the week next week, trying not to worry just yet in case it was Tigger bringing something back into the house for Ebony and poor Ebony's tummy saying "I don't like that, Tigger"

If she can't hold anything down still by about Wednesday next week I'll try to get her in at the vet (I may have to see about getting her into the vet after work one day, Saturdays are notoriously difficult to get pets into the small vet practice and the big vet practice is extremely difficult to get to)
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
All paranoia can go fart in the litter tray.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Hermus (02-16-17), Lunacie (02-16-17), psychopathetic (02-16-17), stef (02-16-17)
Old 02-16-17, 04:53 PM
Mindful moderator

Thanked 4,838 Times in 2,077 Posts
Hermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant future

Quote:
idk if I deserve the good things I have in my life or if one day everything's going to come crashing down around my ears again one day.
You deserve every good thing you have in your life and more. But what you deserve most of all is that you start believing yourself that you deserve all those things and more, so you could actually start to enjoy them.

And you deserve all the hugs in the world.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (02-16-17), Lunacie (02-16-17), midnightstar (02-17-17), psychopathetic (02-16-17), Wuvmy3kitties (02-16-17)
Old 02-16-17, 05:05 PM
Mindful moderator

Hermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant futureHermus has a brilliant future

Had evaluation today at my treatment facility. All the things I came in treatment for and that led to the conclusion that I should treat my addiction still seem to be present. Low self-esteem, trauma, mood swings. Only the unstable relationships aren't present at the moment, simply because I'm not in a relationship. In most of these things I'm making considerable progress, except of the mood swings that still are very present. I'm glad I'm off alcohol, but it also confirms my belief that the problem ribs much deeper than just my addiction. It concerns me a bit, bc it makes me worry about how much therapy is still needed to get at a place where I can have some inner peace.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
aeon (02-17-17), Fuzzy12 (02-16-17), julialouise (02-17-17), Lunacie (02-16-17), psychopathetic (02-16-17), stef (02-17-17), Wuvmy3kitties (02-16-17)
Old 02-16-17, 05:22 PM

Thanked 26,140 Times in 12,166 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
You deserve every good thing you have in your life and more. But what you deserve most of all is that you start believing yourself that you deserve all those things and more, so you could actually start to enjoy them.

And you deserve all the hugs in the world.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (02-17-17), psychopathetic (02-16-17), stef (02-16-17)
Old 02-16-17, 07:27 PM

Thanked 16,654 Times in 8,947 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh. I gotta dig up something for LOL and she is SO crabby.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (02-16-17)
Old 02-16-17, 09:13 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

C15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to all

Money for meds.

CBD-votary
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C15H25N3O For This Useful Post:
julialouise (02-17-17), psychopathetic (02-16-17), Wuvmy3kitties (02-16-17)
Old 02-17-17, 12:55 AM
Contributor

julialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud ofjulialouise has much to be proud of

had every intention of getting lots of reading and work done today. still haven't. but i still got a lot of work done today, compared to how i've been lately. it's a difficult thing to reconcile when there are so many standards and expecations from yourself and others

but i made a bunch of enchiladas & washed most of the dishes.

just because i need to see it written out:

today, i woke up before 8am and i made it to the classroom around 8:30 when i was going to meet with two students i'm doing an assignment with. i rode my NEW BIKE (that im renting from the school) and i love it so much.
9:00-10:30, had class and the topic was physical exceptionality in schools (impairment and disability, and how teachers can accommodate/modify things for these students); had a meeting with that professor with my group to talk about the lesson plan we're writing
after that, had my own meeting with that professor to talk about my portfolio so far (which im behind in) and about my experience in the classroom (6th grade social studies).
wrote a big thing about institutional discrimination, school to prison pipeline, mass incarceration, cycle of poverty for ANOTHER group lesson for a different education class (with the same professor).

at 12:30, biked over to the cafe on campus (mostly just greasy food) and got a croissant with a fried egg and cheddar cheese on it. ate it, biked back to the building i had spent the whole morning in for my 1:00 class. met with my other group, talked with the professor about our lesson plan.
around 1:45, i'm back at my apartment, and i started writing out all the things i need to do before the school term ends (its week 7 out of 10). very organized, all in one place, it looks good & i feel good
2:30 i realize i have a counselor meeting @ 3pm. meet w counselor from 3-4.
get back to apartment by 4:25. most of this is a blur but i made the mistake of checking facebook (again), but i did the dishes (mostly) and listened to Ted Talks to make the chore less painful, and cooked some ground turkey and made like 6 enchiladas, baked them, they turned out soggy, so i fried two of them & ate those (well, im still eating the second one). cooking something like this takes a lot of motivation & energy & effort unless i'm suddenly inspired. so now i have some tasty food prepared for the next couple of days.
and idk. didn't get any reading done. but i did all these other things so???????? it's just that im 100s of pages behind in reading. but whatever, i'm still doing fine in my classes, mostly. but im so not ready for any of the things that are coming up in these next few weeks.

i also stopped going to work (its only 6 hours a week, and i talked to my boss, and he understands). i picked up all the clothing from my floor yesterday morning, which hadn't been done in weeks. i organized the freezer last night because i had gotten groceries & the freezer was really bad.
i'm probably too hard on myself??????
?????????????????

-neutral milk hotel
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to julialouise For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (02-17-17), midnightstar (02-17-17), psychopathetic (02-17-17)
Old 02-17-17, 10:16 AM
Mindful moderator

Stinking thinking
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
julialouise (02-17-17), psychopathetic (02-17-17)
Old 02-17-17, 12:04 PM
Mindful moderator

Have been feeling a lot of emptiness the whole day. Not completely sure where it is coming from.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
julialouise (02-17-17)
Old 02-17-17, 12:34 PM

Thanked 5,029 Times in 2,488 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Got the house to myself for the weekend.... which basically means doing nothing for 47.5 hours, then rushing the dishes, the washing, the polishing, the hoovering.... etc in the final half an hour.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (02-17-17), psychopathetic (02-17-17)
Old 02-17-17, 12:58 PM

Thanked 16,654 Times in 8,947 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
Got the house to myself for the weekend.... which basically means doing nothing for 47.5 hours, then rushing the dishes, the washing, the polishing, the hoovering.... etc in the final half an hour.
The best way to do it! Nice and fresh upon The Entrance.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (02-17-17), psychopathetic (02-17-17)
Old 02-17-17, 12:59 PM

Thanked 5,029 Times in 2,488 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
The best way to do it! Nice and fresh upon The Entrance.
Yes.... "Upon the entrance".... just don't go anywhere beyond the entrance!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (02-17-17), psychopathetic (02-17-17)