ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

View Poll Results: If you take Dexedrine what do you use to sleep?
Zopiclone/Imovane/Ambien (or other sedative-hypnotic) 0 0%
Temazepam/Lorazapam/Clonazepam/Diazepam (or other benzodiazapine) 0 0%
Seroquel/Abilify/Lyrica (or other antipsychotic) 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Nothing or Natural options (Melatonin/essential oils) 2 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-17, 05:29 AM

FinallyKnowNow is on a distinguished road
Question Need Dexedrine for Work, Can't sleep

After a potentially life-threatening distraction on the job, I was diagnosed at age 40, and immediately started on Dexedrine. I take it 3 times a day, to get through a 12 hour shift. I also started on Zopiclone (Imovane) at the same time. I also have a surgically shortened gut, so my absorption is in un-charted waters. Zopiclone 7.5 mg did nothing, so I went to 15 mg. This works, to counteract the wakefulness, but I noticed that I get the "waking amnesia" side effect, where I do things, (not stupid, but may be cooking, talking on the phone, sending e-mails, whatever) with absolutely no knowledge of having done it the next morning. So I asked a new Dr. to try something else. He said to try Temazepam. 25mg did nothing, 50 mg did nothing, 75 mg did nothing...I don't know if there is something better, or a higher dose is still needed. I work nights, so sleeping the next day is crucial, otherwise I am awake straight through, and then have to go back to work, on no sleep. I have ended up staying awake for up to 66 hours straight... What have you found that works for you?
Old 02-10-17, 02:53 PM
Th ftr Mr. BllVt

Thanked 16,826 Times in 8,397 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need Dexedrine for Work, Can't sleep

Have you tried reducing your final dose of Dexedrine to a smaller amount?
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
The Following User Says Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (02-10-17)
Old 02-10-17, 03:06 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,885 Times in 2,421 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Try taking Magnesium before bed at night. I find I get a better sleep when I do.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-17, 03:32 PM
Th ftr Mr. BllVt

Thanked 16,826 Times in 8,397 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

Despite anything anyone can say, in the end you need sleep for work even more than you need Dexedrine for work. That means, despite anything anyone can say, there is going to be a compromise. It's better to start out already knowing that.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
The Following User Says Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (02-10-17)