ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-17, 06:29 PM

YouIdiot is on a distinguished road
Calling on my nocturnal friends: how to shift energy to earlier in the day?

For those of us who do best burning the midnight oil but are forced to work on a daytime schedule: how do you shift your energy to earlier in the day?

I have been doing my early wake up but I still don't get energy until late in the afternoon. I'd like to try to get as invigorated during the day as I do at night when ironically I make myself go to sleep.
The Following User Says Thank You to YouIdiot For This Useful Post:
20thcenturyfox (02-17-17)
Old 02-16-17, 06:55 PM

cobain67 has a spectacular aura aboutcobain67 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Calling on my nocturnal friends: how to shift energy to earlier in the day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouIdiot View Post
For those of us who do best burning the midnight oil but are forced to work on a daytime schedule: how do you shift your energy to earlier in the day?

I have been doing my early wake up but I still don't get energy until late in the afternoon. I'd like to try to get as invigorated during the day as I do at night when ironically I make myself go to sleep.
Forced morning cardio. I'll down 2 mugs coffee or something of the like as soon as I wake up and head out for some 30ish minutes of cardio. 9 out of every 10 days I do this... NO excuses, as it helps tremendously. It takes some getting used to, but will get your juices flowing.

You can do something as simple as go on a 20-30 minute walk first thing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cobain67 For This Useful Post:
20thcenturyfox (02-17-17), YouIdiot (02-16-17)
Old 02-16-17, 09:03 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,929 Times in 9,006 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

Cardio helps, yes. Getting outside for full sun exposure right away, or at least immediately opening the curtains wide to let in maximum light, helps too.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-17, 10:39 PM

YouIdiot is on a distinguished road

Thanks, from your suggestion I decided I'm going to try doing a brisk walk and work up to more intensive cardio.
Old 02-17-17, 12:56 AM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,929 Times in 9,006 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

About light: it's just as important to eliminate light sources at night. If this whole thing was easy for you, you'd be able to "cheat", but when you're struggling with it it will really help to force yourself to turn off all screens and stop all work at 9 PM. You can't rule both ends of the day - to conquer one end of it, you first have to give up your claim on the other end.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
20thcenturyfox (02-17-17), ToneTone (02-18-17)