ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-17, 10:27 PM

redmaverick has a spectacular aura aboutredmaverick has a spectacular aura about
My secret plan to become a multibillionaire in 10 years

1. Create a perfect external structure aka scaffold aka personal assistance for ADHD
2. Sell the service for $300 per month per customer.
3. There are 8 million people with ADHD
4. Get just 100,000 people out of 8 million as your customers.
5. 100,000 * 300 * 12 = $360 million dollars per year.
6. In 10 years that will be $3 billion, six hundred million dollars.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to redmaverick For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (02-17-17), Fraser_0762 (02-17-17), Greyhound1 (02-16-17), Little Missy (02-16-17), namazu (02-18-17), ToneTone (02-17-17), whoisinthere22 (02-23-17)
Old 02-16-17, 11:45 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 11,745 Times in 5,688 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My secret plan to become a multibillionaire in 10 years

Are you considering the cost of the goods, overhead, advertising, employees and the list of expenses goes on?
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
redmaverick (02-18-17)
Old 02-17-17, 01:00 AM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,931 Times in 9,007 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

All the rich ADHDers will flock to your door.

But what if all three of them forget to show up?
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (02-17-17), ajaxblu (03-14-17), br3akingchains (03-13-17), dopaminerush (02-23-17), Jeftheginger (02-17-17), Little Missy (02-17-17), redmaverick (02-18-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-17, 05:46 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,170 Times in 1,633 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Adhd coaches make about $100/hr where I live. You could always start your multi-billion dollar enterprise (lol) with that. Course you'd have to attract customers and get licensed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
namazu (02-18-17), redmaverick (02-18-17)
Old 02-17-17, 07:07 PM

Thanked 5,041 Times in 2,490 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmaverick View Post
1. Create a perfect external structure aka scaffold aka personal assistance for ADHD
That plan is terrible and vague..... but what am I saying, it's closer to a life plan than i've ever had!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
redmaverick (02-18-17)
Old 02-17-17, 08:30 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Traveler5 is a name known to allTraveler5 is a name known to allTraveler5 is a name known to allTraveler5 is a name known to allTraveler5 is a name known to allTraveler5 is a name known to all

$300 a month?! That's a bit pricey. What about $9.95? Now you may get some business.

I don't pay attention during conversations. Not even when I talk to myself.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Traveler5 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (02-17-17), redmaverick (02-18-17)
Old 02-17-17, 09:31 PM

Thanked 17,389 Times in 9,327 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler5 View Post
$300 a month?! That's a bit pricey. What about $9.95? Now you may get some business.
no, wait, for only $19.95!

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
redmaverick (02-18-17)
Old 02-17-17, 11:22 PM
Contributor

WheresMyMind is a name known to allWheresMyMind is a name known to allWheresMyMind is a name known to allWheresMyMind is a name known to allWheresMyMind is a name known to allWheresMyMind is a name known to allWheresMyMind is a name known to all

I think it has merit!!!
I'm assuming you're talking mostly about software - so the development effort will be clumsy and choatic, but you won't need manufacturing and support staff.

Only flaw is that anything aimed at a broad class of folks usually captures, at most, 0.01% of them, so you'll have about 800 customers.
The Following User Says Thank You to WheresMyMind For This Useful Post:
redmaverick (02-18-17)
Old 02-18-17, 12:44 AM
Mr. BllVt

dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

Selling a computer service for $300 per month? It better clear the table, wash the dishes, calculate and file my taxes, and drive me to work.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
The Following User Says Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
redmaverick (02-18-17)
Old 02-18-17, 02:48 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Cyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmaverick View Post
Step 1 sounds like the hard part, but if you manage that, the rest should be smooth sailing.

Most people who can spare $300 per month probably won't need your service, so you may need to offer some special introductory rate to new customers, e.g. first year is only $50/month, then once they get it together they can afford $300 per month for continued service.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cyllya For This Useful Post:
namazu (02-18-17), redmaverick (02-18-17)
Old 02-18-17, 03:16 AM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 17,445 Times in 8,486 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
Adhd coaches make about $100/hr where I live. You could always start your multi-billion dollar enterprise (lol) with that. Course you'd have to attract customers and get licensed.
There is no formal licensure for ADHD coaches in most jurisdictions, only voluntary "certification". Pretty much anyone can hang up a shingle and call themselves a "life coach" (or "ADHD coach").

I'd pay $300 for a service that provided "perfect external structure". It would pay for itself in reduced need for therapy sessions, improved employment, being able to find stuff and paperwork (and avoiding duplicate purchases, lost receipts that prevent returns, etc.)...

So, what would this service look like and how would it be provided?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (02-18-17), br3akingchains (03-13-17), redmaverick (02-18-17)
Old 02-18-17, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by namazu View Post
There is no formal licensure for ADHD coaches in most jurisdictions, only voluntary "certification". Pretty much anyone can hang up a shingle and call themselves a "life coach" (or "ADHD coach
Boy that's crazy, kind of sad actually as quality must vary substantially.

For o job though $100/hr and no need to pay for formal training - pretty damn good. Have to rent an office space though unless you do the telephone counseling that I've seen or in-house which seems a bit dangerous to me. Also a website but that's cheap. I wonder about insurance as you'd think they could get sued.

I'd actually pay $300/month too if it solved all my problems, including my social ones which are the ones that matter most to me. Probably wouldn't pay that much if it only solved my work problems anymore.

Last edited by acdc01; 02-18-17 at 01:18 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
br3akingchains (03-13-17), namazu (02-18-17), redmaverick (02-18-17)
Old 02-18-17, 01:25 PM
Mr. BllVt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyllya View Post
Most people who can spare $300 per month probably won't need your service, ...
Now that I'm no longer joking, this is one of the main obstacles I can see. I take it further than you do, though - I think the only people who will want the service will be the ones who can't pay. I think all the people with an extra $300 per month will find something better to do with the money.
The Following User Says Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
redmaverick (02-18-17)
Old 02-18-17, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdnvwls View Post
Now that I'm no longer joking, this is one of the main obstacles I can see. I take it further than you do, though - I think the only people who will want the service will be the ones who can't pay. I think all the people with an extra $300 per month will find something better to do with the money.
I think if something was truly the perfect solution, people would pay for it. I would though I realize I'm not the norm and I would only do it if it solved my social weaknesses too.

Thing is everyone's adhd is so different I can't see a one size fits all answer -not one that doesn't require a lot of customization that would end up costing more than $300/month
The Following User Says Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
redmaverick (02-18-17)
Old 02-18-17, 03:04 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 27,792 Times in 12,467 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I have the same plan except mine involves Truffula trees and Thneeds.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (02-18-17)