ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Site Suggestions & Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you think of the ADD Forums?
Its amazing! Where have you been all my life?! 386 72.28%
Its great, but...(please post your wish list below) 148 27.72%
Voters: 534. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-17, 08:28 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 28,051 Times in 12,978 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's your honest opinion of the ADD Forums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allesandro1 View Post
Not sufficiently interactive or supportive. Also, there are some very nebulous and arbitrary rules regarding admission to private forums. I've only been a member since 11/17/17 but since then I've contributed 85 posts, most of which were responses to questions about ADD experiences and experience with taking ADD meds and their side effects. Despite that I'm told I can't access private forums because that would 'violate the privacy of other members.' This site does not meet my needs, and I find myself contributing a lot more than I am benefiting. I think I am done with this site
I'm sorry you feel this way. I like your posts and would miss your contributions if you left. I'm genuinely sorry that you didn't receive the support you needed. Is there a particular thread thst got lost or didn't get many replies? If yes could you bump it so it appears in the new posts again?

I think there's a minimum number of posts before you can access the private boards but even if you've got that number you still need the password from one of the mods. Have you contacted them?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
namazu (12-12-17), OyVeyKitty (12-13-17)
Old 12-12-17, 08:34 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 28,051 Times in 12,978 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderboy View Post
I encourage more people to donate. I am not a moderator nor affiliated with the site in any way, but I think it is productive enough to do so

http://www.addforums.com/forums/vbdonator.php
I'd really check with a mod first before you donate to make sure the money is going where it's supposed to be going. Maybe it's ok but I think the owner of the site has forgotten about the site so who knows if iyainked to the right account etc
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
namazu (12-12-17), OyVeyKitty (12-13-17)
Old 12-12-17, 09:05 PM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 18,730 Times in 9,273 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
I'd really check with a mod first before you donate to make sure the money is going where it's supposed to be going. Maybe it's ok but I think the owner of the site has forgotten about the site so who knows if iyainked to the right account etc
Thanks, Fuzzy. The staff (moderators and administrators) are all unpaid volunteers. While we appreciate members' willingness to open their wallets to support the site (and some staff members have done so as well), we have not seen follow-through from David on a number of promised upgrades in recent years. We do not know where money donated to the site goes. Therefore, we cannot in good conscience recommend that members donate money to David/ADDF at this time. Please see Andrew's [2014!] comment here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (12-13-17), OyVeyKitty (12-13-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-17, 08:57 AM

OyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by namazu View Post
Thanks, Fuzzy. The staff (moderators and administrators) are all unpaid volunteers. While we appreciate members' willingness to open their wallets to support the site (and some staff members have done so as well), we have not seen follow-through from David on a number of promised upgrades in recent years. We do not know where money donated to the site goes. Therefore, we cannot in good conscience recommend that members donate money to David/ADDF at this time. Please see Andrew's [2014!] comment here.
Is there a contingency plan in place in case David decides to stop paying for the domain name and/or the server? Are frequent off-site backups taken? The domain name going down wouldn't be the end of the world as ADDF could get a new one, but it would be awful if the server provider discontinued the service and there were no backups available to restore the site.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OyVeyKitty For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (12-13-17), namazu (12-13-17)
Old 12-13-17, 08:59 AM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyVeyKitty View Post
Is there a contingency plan in place in case David decides to stop paying for the domain name and/or the server? Are frequent off-site backups taken? The domain name going down wouldn't be the end of the world as ADDF could get a new one, but it would be awful if the server provider discontinued the service and there were no backups available to restore the site.
That's an excellent question. I'll ask David/Admin.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (12-13-17), OyVeyKitty (12-13-17)
Old 12-13-17, 10:42 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,480 Times in 11,992 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I can never repay my debt to this site that's how highly I think of this site

in fact there's no words in the English language to describe my gratitude to this forum
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
Old 12-13-17, 10:50 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,480 Times in 11,992 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

When I arrived, I was in a *really* bad place and this forum literally saved me, the support I got here (and still get here) is wonderful

No exaggeration, if this forum did not exist I would be dead by now, that's how much this forum has done for me (and I'm being serious)
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (12-13-17)
Old 12-14-17, 11:07 PM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyVeyKitty View Post
I just heard back from David. He said that hosting is via Amazon Web Services, and that backups are made both incrementally and weekly. David also indicated that one of the site administrators would inherit ownership of ADDF if he were permanently incapacitated.

He did not mention it, but if he were simply to decide to walk away from the site then the domain name would likely be up for grabs. It would be more difficult to reconstruct the forum contents, unless he handed that material over to an administrator. But his message made it sound like he was hoping to follow through on some promised upgrades when he had a chance, and has not forgotten about ADDF.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (Yesterday), Lunacie (Yesterday), OyVeyKitty (Yesterday)