ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 10-30-11, 09:21 PM

Slybfoxx is on a distinguished road
Anyone else notice the pink 30 mg adderall do not work well?

Hi All,

Life long ADHD blessed/suffering man in his 40's.

The normal 30 mg. orange adderall do not seem to work well? Also I am only subject to these as there is a backorder/shortage on the orange adderall. Are others experiencing a shortage of the orange 30 mg, and also this problem with the pinks, which leave me feeling kind of weak, zombielike, and really almost counterproductive.

Thanks in advance!
The Following User Says Thank You to Slybfoxx For This Useful Post:
Kimmy1 (10-31-11)
Old 10-30-11, 11:14 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,459 Times in 581 Posts
Kaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone else notice the pink 30 mg adderall do not work well?

Do you happen to know which brand they are? I'm taking 15mgs of the Barr - half of a 30mg, which is orange, oval, and tastes sweet. Barr has proven to be effective for me, but when I first switched over to it from a different brand, it took awhile for me to actual feel like it was working as well. It was definitely more subtle than the CorePharma.

Every one of us has a slightly different experience with brands, doses, etc. What works for one is horrible for the next, so it's really a matter of finding your personal 'fit.'
Old 10-30-11, 11:50 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,096 Times in 1,196 Posts
StoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant future

Sounds like CorePharma. Yep, that generic will cause a lot of problems like that.

Dx: Adhd Combined type, Asperger's Syndrome, Mathematics Disability (10/4/10)..Panic Disorder, Atypical Depression, Agoraphobia, paranoia.
Rx: Dexedrine IR 2.5-5 mg PRN (starting on 1/21/12).
Past meds: Namenda, Focalin IR, Ritalin IR, Adderall IR, D-Amp IR, Nicotine/Swedish Snus.
Boycott Teva/Barr, CorePharma, Mallinckrodt (Methylin)

REST IN PEACE
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-11, 05:23 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,555 Times in 13,428 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

If you could tell us the manufacturer we could give you better opinions.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old 10-31-11, 06:19 AM

Thanked 3,638 Times in 1,734 Posts
Impetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen Barr in both orange and pink. Teva only orange. and Corepharma only pink.

Barr and Teva give an extra level of anxiety that sort of grates away at me over time. At first I'll feel ok, then as I get through the script, I'm ready to duke it out in a truck stop bar!

Corepharma seems to work well for me. It feels more subtle.

try to keep track of what generics work best for you, then you can ask for what works best. and no, they won't think you're a user for asking. users don't want generics.
I often warn people: "Somewhere along the way, someone is going to tell you, 'There is no "I" in team.' What you should tell them is, 'Maybe not. But there is an "I" in independence, individuality and integrity.
-George Carlin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Impetus For This Useful Post:
Kimmy1 (10-31-11), mentalfloss (11-07-11)
Old 10-31-11, 03:52 PM

tambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of light

Just google "pink Adderall." Yes, everyone has noticed.

RXed:
Pristiq, 50mg (AM)

Adderall, 20mg 2x daily
Lyrica, 150mg 3x daily
Xanax, .5mg 3x daily

Remeron, 30mg (PM)
Seroquel, 200mg (PM)
The Following User Says Thank You to tambourine-man For This Useful Post:
Kimmy1 (10-31-11)
Old 10-31-11, 06:35 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Massari is a glorious beacon of lightMassari is a glorious beacon of lightMassari is a glorious beacon of lightMassari is a glorious beacon of lightMassari is a glorious beacon of light

The US Army deemed these Adderall IR pills unreliable and unfit for flight missions. They use Dexedrine instead on pilots and special troops, and more recently, Modafinil. The Adderall IR pill seems to be unreliable possibly due to the large number of salts not absorbing at the same rate. I personally never tried it in my life.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/0801-06.htm
http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123007615

Use dexedrine if Adderall IR fails you. There's a reason why it's used in the army, it's a really sharp pill. It never fails. I used it for 5 years, never once the dose failed. It's ridiculously accurate and rigorous.
Old 11-01-11, 09:00 AM

AronP24 is on a distinguished road

Barr changed the original shire formula when they too it over. They subtracted some of the original amph conent and subsituted Saccharin and Glucose for it...thus decreasing effectiveness and increasing side effects for almost everyone..
Hell, it is thought that saccahrin and glucose straight to the brain increase ADHD in the first place

I will NEVER buy another BARR product again..period
The Following User Says Thank You to AronP24 For This Useful Post:
Numbat81 (11-24-11)
Old 11-09-11, 11:32 PM

Slybfoxx is on a distinguished road

Thanks, what's interesting when I called Walgreens and complained that the 30 mg. pink pills did not work well they told me they had never heard that complaint.

CVS said they are back ordered for the rest of the year for the 30 mg orange pills which work well for me.

How can they get away with seling these pink pills that don't work??
The Following User Says Thank You to Slybfoxx For This Useful Post:
ADDADDERAL (11-10-11)
Old 11-10-11, 12:26 AM

ADDADDERAL will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slybfoxx View Post
Thanks, what's interesting when I called Walgreens and complained that the 30 mg. pink pills did not work well they told me they had never heard that complaint.

CVS said they are back ordered for the rest of the year for the 30 mg orange pills which work well for me.

How can they get away with seling these pink pills that don't work??
How they get away with selling the pink pills is a damn good question, they are about as effective as drinking caffeine. I made the mistake of going to Walgreens instead of CVS and got the pink, several times I ended up taking twice the amount of pills prescribed because I didnt think I had taken a dose because I felt nothing. I went to Walgreen 2 months ago and they did not have the pink pills (from CorePharma)

I complained to the local pharmacy and Walgreens corporate at the time.
Old 11-10-11, 02:15 AM

tambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of light

I tried half of one of my sister's pink 20mg Corepharmas today (don't tsk tsk me, I have a drawer full of leftover Sandoz). Honestly, I didn't notice anything really horrendous about it.

I don't really have major issues with any brand of amphetamine until I've been taking it regularly for a few days. Corepharma seemed... well, like Adderall - not as smooth as Sandoz, certainly not as smooth as Dexedrine, but lacking the major side-effects I was expecting after reading so many negative comments here. It may be the most energizing brand of Adderall, but was no more jittery than Barr.

However, I will add that I'd already taken 30mg of Dexedrine throughout the day.

I greatly prefer Dexedrine for daily use, but if I was a desperate college student lacking both a script and respect for the law, I'd be handing my money to the dorm rat with the Adderall. I can relax on Dexedrine, if I choose to. On Adderall... well, I don't have much of a choice - it's productivity or bust.

RXed:
Pristiq, 50mg (AM)

Adderall, 20mg 2x daily
Lyrica, 150mg 3x daily
Xanax, .5mg 3x daily

Remeron, 30mg (PM)
Seroquel, 200mg (PM)